For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Hey all,

I'm trying to run GBTVG in 3D using Nvidia 3DTV.

I am running it on a 8700k and GTX670.

Most of the areas are 60+ fps. Though in places it dips to 30's (Mass Hysteria level, looking at Stay Puft) and the Rough Descent level, etc.

Running it on various different anti-aliasing modes yields almost identical results which leads me to think the CPU is the bottleneck.

This game (released in 2008) was I believe the first to be able to utilize 6 cores.

But it's hard to think that a 8700k released 10 years after it is not enough to render it in 3d. (720p60hz) to be exact. We aren't even attempting to render it in 1080p (due to the HDMI limitation of only being able to process 60 fps at 720p). So even 720p dips into the 30fps's.

Any advice? Some setting somewhere I missed?
One time wrote: June 27th, 2018, 7:49 pm Hey all,

I'm trying to run GBTVG in 3D using Nvidia 3DTV.

I am running it on a 8700k and GTX670.

Most of the areas are 60+ fps. Though in places it dips to 30's (Mass Hysteria level, looking at Stay Puft) and the Rough Descent level, etc.

Running it on various different anti-aliasing modes yields almost identical results which leads me to think the CPU is the bottleneck.

This game (released in 2008) was I believe the first to be able to utilize 6 cores.

But it's hard to think that a 8700k released 10 years after it is not enough to render it in 3d. (720p60hz) to be exact. We aren't even attempting to render it in 1080p (due to the HDMI limitation of only being able to process 60 fps at 720p). So even 720p dips into the 30fps's.

Any advice? Some setting somewhere I missed?
So an update for whoevers interested. I replaced the 670 with a 1080Ti. The framerates improved obviously, but the irritating dips to the 30ish fps range remain (from a standard 120+ fps).

I'm working with Nvidia and a 3D expert who made the 3D fix program to help sort it out.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]