For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By SSJmole
Hello.

What would you love to see as a new videogame based on ghostbusters? I know most will just want sequel to 2009 game which is fine but interested in what crazy new thoughts people had. I'll do a few first to get the talk going.

1) a MMO/Shooter hybrid. As mentioned in a previous thread imagine 2009 meets destiny so we can do raids and missions with friends with our own buster we make

2) a Telltales series based on idw comics or orginal films as that could be really fun to make choices ect.... Like their batman was awesome , wolf among Us , back to the future ect...

3) A full LEGO game either based on all movies or an orginal story as the Lego dimensions level for original movie was super fun but needs a full game.
I'd love for something like 1. Everyone has standard packs, but could customize extra gear or full on slime blowers with access to upgrades after a certain rank/level is achieved, but make the system where no one team member can have every piece of equipment on them.

2 would be fun from a story telling angle. I'm loving the Batman game, but only because of the story and choices. The quicktime event style combat is just boring to me.

3... I think what we have is plenty since we already have basically two LEGO Ghostbusters games and a little more thanks to Dimensions. I don't really see what else they could do with them to warrant full games.
SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
Yeah I was thinking for 1 you choose base weapon like you could choose the extreme gun thus your better for hard hitting so that way each player would be unique too. It'd be fun to have unique cars that multiple people can ride like I may use a land rover looking car you nay choose herse, some could use a lil mini or atvs. It'd just be a blast.

Also fun if a raid boss works like Staypuft. One random player gets box "choose the form" and have say

A) stay puft
B) a Teddy bear
C) a cat

Or something so it has many different outcomes for one fight.
Oh yeah, game-wide events like a ghost uprising or a potential dimensional rift... something where players would NEED to work together would be fantastic. I wouldn't mind there being different pack styles, but as long as one isn't inherently better over another and that all get the same kind of upgrades leaving it an aesthetic choice.

You know, let's hash this out :D Let's give this hypothetical game a similar play style as the 09 game where it's mostly 3rd person for the busting segments, but first person for investigations. So, a player will be equipped with your standard gear... a proton pack and a trap with an open equipment slot for a PKE Meter, gigameter, ecto goggles, mood slime spritzer, and really anything else you can think of for secondary gear. After a certain achievement or level/rank/whatever, you gain access to the slimeblower or the experimental pack from the 09 video game (but let's keep it simple and leave it with JUST the slime blower feature, but is less powerful than a full sized slime blower) with their own add-on gear and level up features. Maybe allow a player to open up a second equipment option at the expense of not carrying a trap.

Something to differentiate the PKE from the gigameter could be the PKE has a wider range, but can't pin point the exact location of an entity when you're in a room/building requiring some exploration and investigation. The giga has a smaller range, but can get a pinpoint location on an entity once it's in the scan range as well as reveal any kind of weaknesses it may have (the player would also gain this knowledge after trapping a similar entity once before if they don't have access to a gigameter... think of it sorta like the Pokedex from PokeMon).

The ecto goggles would make invisible entities visible to the player wearing them... but entities would become visible if they're being blasted/slimed allowing for teammates to give assistance easier.

The mood slime spritzer (from the comics) could be used to stun an entity and allow proton streams to be used on it temporarily where normally only a slime blower would be effective.

I mean, there would be nothing to stop a crew going in with just regular packs and brute forcing their way to success except for wanting to clear a case quickly and with as little/much property damage as possible ;)
SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
See I wanted different weapons like the new film but from across all ghostbusters. Like you normally play shooters as a sniper? Take the proton riffle with a scope. More heavy hitter take shotgun. I don't one is better but they are different and better for different playstyles'.

By doing so you can try to tap into a more mainstream audience which something like that would need as its always populated. Pke can have types including one that works like motion tracker from alien games.

Like you said events is perfect. Like DCUO does holiday events. I'd love to bust the 3 Christmas ghosts like the Real episode or comic. Halloween you have to use samhain.

Also there's so many ghosts across all of ghostbusters that expansion packs would be easy. That means future content would be almost a certain.

If all you want is orginal weapons gear and uniform you can! If you want some whacky combo you can. The possibilities are endless with the right amount of customizing options.

You could even do bases for guilds which adds even more with various locations from firehouse to restaurant or police station or just out of a house. It'd be fun.
zeta otaku liked this
Okay, upon thinking about that a bit more, I kinda dig it as long as, again, there's balance. I've played WAY too many games where certain weapons are just distinctively better than others that there's really NO reason to pick any other weapon over it. I could see a proton or slime based thrower being more of a boson dart based attack, so high damage, slow fire rate, high heat issues. A shot gun system similar to the dark matter system from the 09 game... heh, sorry, I focus on gameplay mechanics a LOT and yeah, you're right... by limiting tech to basic streams and slime you'd only draw in fans of the franchise and kinda alienate everyone else.
SSJmole liked this
Ha! Not at all. I spent most of the day just thinking about stuff to add to this never-to-be game :D I was thinking players could be shut down (temporarily of course) by the police and/or P.C.O.C. if they caused too much damage too quickly on smaller jobs or just ran around blasting everything for no reason. Then I thought of things like containment breach events, player/group customization (along the lines of the 09 multiplayer flight suits for patterns, but colors would be dictated by the player as well as variations for the 2016 uniforms)... I was REALLY bored at work
By SSJmole
Shut down should involve been able to do other boring missions like "children's birthday" that's a dull show up. Walk to objective , leave. When you have enough "public support" you can either go back how you were or you could sign a deal with mayor where he can send you those dull missions or sends you on hard missions ect... But turns a blind eye to certain amount of damages ect...

One funny thing I thought of is if you die you are placed in a random area and need to get back to your body however a rival ghostbusters group can "bust" in doing so you return to body but they take 50% of your in game money lol.

I'd also love to keep a ghost of low level as a pet. So no you can't keep rowan but you could keep a Slimer lol.
I feel like the ghost "pet" idea would be neat, but it should stay back in the player HQ. If it tags along for busts, while not being able to be captured, it could become distracting and draw fire away from the real threats.

I do like the player ghost idea, but it should DEFINITELY be an optional thing you can skip or bypass, but when you revive, you take a hit to either cash, reputation, or something. Failure/death should have consequences.

I think stream crossing should have the same side effects as the 09 game, serious damage to yourself and the surrounding area. Also, I was kicking this around in my head... traps. The 09 game nailed the trapping portion, but for this hypothetical game, leave them as the bottomless pit they were in that game or set a ghost/PKE level limit before it's just too full to be used?
By SSJmole
I agree I was imagining them at the HQ. Tagging along would look silly.

As for traps they should be limited to ghosts or ammo. Like the Extreme trap would be one trap but can be used 3 times per mission but the orginal can be used twice. However if you have extreme trap you can only use smaller weapons.

That way say me and you team up we have 4 to 5 ghosts we can trap. If another joins we could have 6 , another is 8. Which would be fun do we as on voice you call out who should trap. lol it'd be fun.
By CPU64
I always wanted something like GTA, with a huge city, jobs to do, people to see and places to go. And so many missions can be created for it since the city is so expansive and there are plenty of cool ones in the cartoons that could be used as a base for the new game.
You would have to keep an eye out for damage or the EPA will come after you, you can visit your girlfriend and the fridge may have another creature inside... The other Ghostbusters could be doing their own thing like in GB2... But nothing from the new movie.
It would be awesomesauce!
SSJmole, robbritton liked this
By Slimered
Number three would be my preferred option. A LEGO Ghostbusters game with a heavily-expanded version of the Ghostbusters level pack, Ghostbusters 2 and the LEGO Dimensions Ghostbusters Story Pack with new levels would be amazing IMO.

I'd also like to see a Ghostbusters game with two Ghostbusters teams: the 1984 Ghostbusters and the 2016 Ghostbusters. You choose which team to play as; the campaign is the same for both, only the characters and dialogue is different.
SSJmole, SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
Slimered wrote: I'd also like to see a Ghostbusters game with two Ghostbusters teams: the 1984 Ghostbusters and the 2016 Ghostbusters. You choose which team to play as; the campaign is the same for both, only the characters and dialogue is different.
This would be cool. I'd give each team a different story though like Spider-Man shattered dimensions. You could even include real , ide and extreme. With each world having unique looks and qualities.
You know those rare but fun childhood games where you can make your own maps then play them? I always fantasized about something like that for Ghostbusters. You could maybe have the option to make your map single or multiplayer, place power ups throughout the world, have a wide variety of ghosts with different classes, perhaps some ghosts and items could be unlockable by getting points from playing other games made by other people, the possibilities are truly endless! I could even see it working with the GB:TVG 2009 controls. I dunno. What do you think of this?
I wouldn't mind a game similar to 2009, but with the Reboot crew. If we never get a sequel, I'd hate for them to be a one and done. They're already in the comics for at least one mini-series, how about a straight up adventure game now? 2009 was great, now how about a game with the 2016 crew.
Kingpin liked this
Seth Rex wrote:I wouldn't mind a game similar to 2009, but with the Reboot crew. If we never get a sequel, I'd hate for them to be a one and done. They're already in the comics for at least one mini-series, how about a straight up adventure game now? 2009 was great, now how about a game with the 2016 crew.
You got one just recently:http://store.steampowered.com/app/425310/Ghostbusters/
pferreira1983 wrote:
Seth Rex wrote:I wouldn't mind a game similar to 2009, but with the Reboot crew. If we never get a sequel, I'd hate for them to be a one and done. They're already in the comics for at least one mini-series, how about a straight up adventure game now? 2009 was great, now how about a game with the 2016 crew.
You got one just recently:http://store.steampowered.com/app/425310/Ghostbusters/
That game was more like a follow-up to the 2011 game (Sanctum of Slime). I bought it and man was it bad. I mean, it was fun for the first one or two but essentially if you've played the first hour, you've played the whole game because it's the same thing over and over and over and over again. I ended up beating it but it was tough because of how repetitive it was.
pferreira1983 wrote:

I've played that one. But what I mean, is that I want a game similar to the 2009 "ghostbusters: The Video Game", with the actual characters being in the game and going through their own storyline, similar to the 09 game. Not just a shooter like 'Sanctum of Slime'.
Kingpin liked this
Seth Rex wrote:I've played that one. But what I mean, is that I want a game similar to the 2009 "ghostbusters: The Video Game", with the actual characters being in the game and going through their own storyline, similar to the 09 game. Not just a shooter like 'Sanctum of Slime'.
The 2009 game cost money to make. No developer is going to spend that amount of money considering only a small minority like the reboot movie that it's based on.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]