For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Watched the video. That's cool I want this set but can't yet as someone is buying for Christmas lol.

Only things I'll say:

1 you should have talked more about game as I watched to see info lol

2 I'm shocked you mentioned no ties to orginal and wanted spock like crossover. You can do that in demotions right? In year one I was a ghostbuster and my nephew playing was batman lol can't you use the peter figure in new one and create that effect?

3 don't like slapstick but love Lego star wars? Those games are full of that like obi's saber not working as it was before voices.

4 I WANT YOUR T-SHIRT

5 still a great a video though and helped understand your point

6 can she change into others like peter? As I sooo want to be Holtzman
She can totally change into the others, but not until you beat the main story mode.

As for your other points well, the fact that you can do a "crossover-effect" in the game doesn't save the movie from having no connection to the original film

As for humor discrepancies, not all humor is equal on all platforms, and I was more complaining about cringe comedy and fart jokes than slapstick. Crass humor is a category I typically don't enjoy in any scenario.

It's a fun little game though! Sorry I didn't have more footage, I was most playing it for the Engadget article, and didn't do any game capture. Maybe I'll do a Let's play of the two GB packs back to back at some point.
SSJmole liked this
seaniccus wrote:She can totally change into the others, but not until you beat the main story mode.

As for your other points well, the fact that you can do a "crossover-effect" in the game doesn't save the movie from having no connection to the original film

As for humor discrepancies, not all humor is equal on all platforms, and I was more complaining about cringe comedy and fart jokes than slapstick. Crass humor is a category I typically don't enjoy in any scenario.

It's a fun little game though! Sorry I didn't have more footage, I was most playing it for the Engadget article, and didn't do any game capture. Maybe I'll do a Let's play of the two GB packs back to back at some point.

Sweet! On the changing.

Oh no i was not saying it saved movie rather its another way of fixing one of your issues via game I thought you'd totally do. Sorta like when I got Wii ghostbusters game first thing me and my friend did? Cross streams LOL we had to. Like when I play this I gotta team up both films lol

As for humour fair enough :) I agree on too crass I just don't think the movie crossed that "American pie" level for me so I enjoyed but I 100% agree on humour been personal like I love the awkward humour (might be why I love uk office lol)

Oh I didn't mean more captured I meant and it might be me I read title and thought it'd say more on why the game was goodnot why movie is bad. Is game focused. But like I said it was cool and really well done.

Now where did we stand on giving me that top? lol joking I'm fat it would not fit.
It's the hot chocolate shirt, right? I think you can buy it here: https://www.threadless.com/product/2364 ... r_Beverage

And yeah, cringe comedy stuff and awkward humor is super popular these days, and absolutely a more modern form of comedy -- but it's not really my thing and I don't think it's a good fit for the Ghostbusters franchise. I also don't think the film was a particularly good example of any of it... and poorly executed awkward comedy leads to unbelievable characters. Like the dude flipping off the Ghostbusters in the college office for almost a full minute (seriously that scene lasts forever)... I simply do not believe that person exists. He seems like an unrealistic character, and that takes me out of the film.

That's a difference between me and the director, though. I'm very into storytelling, and see any movie -- even comedies -- as a medium for telling a good story with strong characters over anything else. Feig is way more focused on humor, and seemed to see Ghostbusters as a platform for showcasing the talents of his cast. His view of Ghostbusters is more SNL and mine is more serial -- so our sensibilities were bound to clash to some degree.
SSJmole liked this
Thank you :) for link.

Oh original comes across way more awkward to me to me now like what passed then vs now. A big example is Peter seems like a sexual predator by today's morals and that's not good. Cause as I kid I never thought about that and he was (and still is) my favourite.
Peter absolutely comes off as creepy by today's standards, but overall I enjoy the humor style of the originals better. It feels more wordplay and character driven to me. It has its own bad moments, too (the ghost blowjob scene is easily the worst part of both of the original films), and not all of the humor aged well, but it's still more my pace.

But you have to take that with the right context. I'm a guy that has failed to get through both the first season of The Office and Parks and Rec. People tell me they're both way better after Season 2, but the overbearing intentional awkward humor just puts me off.... so naturally, similar humor in any film, even a Ghostbusters movie, just isn't going to vibe with me.

And that's okay, humor's subjective -- but it also gives me some hope. I may not like the Characters as they're portrayed in the film, but the LEGO game gives me hope it'll be done better if there is a second movie. Most of all, though, I'm looking forward to seeing IDW's comics team take on the new characters -- in a lot of ways, the comic versions of the original team is better than the original movie. I'm really looking forward to seeing what that creative team does with the new universe.
SSJmole liked this
They need a stand alone Lego Ghostbusters game that plays through movie 1 2 and ATC you can even do IDW , real and extreme as DLC. I'd be fun but sadly unlikely as when I played first level pack I thought "oh my god yes! ..... Nooooo this should have been full game" lol

But I can soon have Stay puft in a Batmobile going through sonic the hedgehog level so its worth it lol (need to get sonic level lol)
pferreira1983 liked this
This game is awesome so far. I will do a video on it at some point but so far highlights for me :

- so many Easter eggs like doc brown and the mystery machine been in the background.

- the new RIP stone is cool new game play

- ecto 1 has 4 wheels unlike last.

- trapping is Sn ability so don't need accessory to trap

- You can play multiplayer with just 1 figure like I was Abby + holtzman during first level while my niece was Erin lol (patty joins after stage 2) lol my niece insisted on building the car too lol

- audio is good. Don't think its all the right voices but that's better than having them washed out as lego avengers or ghostbusters level as its clear and just beautiful

- all of the ghostbusters have unique abilitys like patty has strength or holtzman fixes stuff (with her du as l blow torches)

So far this level is so damn good as you can tell I had a blast playing with neice

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]