For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By robbritton
Fritz wrote:
Also, its possible that he did a 180 on the reboot for a number of reasons with the email that was leaked about being sued or something else since he never got sued.
My own personal hunch is that Murray felt a lot less pressure when it came to a reboot. Any continuation (ie a "real" GB3) he would have either felt pressured to contribute because of his importance to the first two movies, or everybody would complain about him not being in it. (And I don't think he's wrong about that--look how many people bitched and moaned that Rick Moranis and his far more minor character weren't in the video game) With a reboot, it's not about him--he could have not shown up and it wouldn't have mattered much either way. Ironically, without that pressure...he did show up.
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't feel a lot more affinity with the new cast these days than the old. He's worked with Melissa McCarthy recently and the obviously got on, and he's always been a big supporter of new SNL talent. Whatever else happened, I 100% believe all of his "these girls are incredibly funny" comments as being genuine support for them in what he sees as a risky proposition - the original movie sent him off into the wilderness, to a degree. I can see him just digging being in a film with them all.

It's nice to believe he and Dan are still close, but I never see much evidence of it, more Dan speaking highly of him and Bill occasionally being there in the same interview.

I never buy the sued stuff, either. He comes on dressed as Paul Feig for heaven's sake! He's pretty clearly lampooning the preciousness of the more hardline anti-reboot folks. I doubt he'd be inclined to do that if there were a metaphorical gun pointed at his head.

Anyway, thank goodness they got what they did get for the game, because it was so lovely to have the boys together one last time - even if they had to be in seperate booths or on golf courses for it to happen. Next time out, though, they should get Frank Welker to do his Lorenzo (sorry Dave Coulier, but you're no match), Maurice LaMarche his Harold and just let Dan and Ernie do their thing. Imagine how plain sailing it'd all be!

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]