For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By SSJmole
jakeacc wrote:Being able to explore the firehouse in full stereoscopic 3d 360, use a proton pack, and capture a ghost is definitely worth $6.99 for me. It's not a full-fledged game, just a VR experience. They plan on creating more GB "missions" in the future, depending on what the fans want. I would love VR missions of classic GB moments....capturing slimer at the hotel, zapping stay puft/Gozer, Vigo.
I agree i want both. I want vr stay puft lol but i also want to continue the chapter 1 ending as that cliff hanger had me ready to bust lol
By jakeacc
The final battle scene in the 2016 film with the army of ghosts all over the street would be a fun VR mission. Even better as a VR 4-player co-op
By SSJmole
jakeacc wrote:The final battle scene in the 2016 film with the army of ghosts all over the street would be a fun VR mission. Even better as a VR 4-player co-op

YES!!!!

Hell imagine a full game like the old one. With you as rookie with either original cast or 2016 so you could see them up close and actually bust ghosts ect... I'd buy that day one just like I have star trek bridge crew preordered lol
By Lee FW
There was someone doing the usual complaining on the Ghost Corps FB page that this is set in the 2016 universe to which they got a reply that it's actually a combo of the 2 . So far I'm just seeing a mix of equipment but wonder in further chapters wether this will play into it more?
By jakeacc
Since a sequel to the 2016 film now seems to be put on ice, maybe they can have fun with connecting the new characters to the original team with these VR missions. In the film, the post-credit scene shows the new team hearing a voice say "Zuul". I assumed they were setting up a sequel with Gozer as the main villian. I had always hoped that the new Gozer was the SAME Gozer from the 1984 film...since Gozer is capable of traveling through dimensions. Maybe the new team could go through a portal while battling Gozer and end up in the original team's dimension. Then both teams could team up. This would allow the VR game to be able to show both "dimensions", and show both versions of the firehouse, both versions of Ecto-1, and obviously both teams.
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:Like Alpha said, that's a different game. Plus Angry Joe's video is just a bunch of whining that it's based on the new movie.
SSJmole wrote:
This. He hated movie got clicks from it so he did this for extra clicks hoping to generate the same buzz.

As someone who's played it myself it's not terrible like i said short and a bit pricey but it feels great been in ghostbusters and the little touches and jokes you can see from movie is not bad. It's fun and more is coming.
I'm sure you guys would defend anything based off the new movie. I'm not an Angry Joe fan but at least he has the common sense to not like a limited game based off a poor movie.
SpaceBallz liked this
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:I'm sure you guys would defend anything based off the new movie. I'm not an Angry Joe fan but at least he has the common sense to not like a limited game based off a poor movie.
Lol, give me one good reason to ever bother responding to you again. All you ever do here is randomly swoop in to declare your superior taste to others who disagree with you and then disappear again.
Alphagaia liked this
By Kingpin
pferreira1983 wrote:I'm sure you guys would defend anything based off the new movie. I'm not an Angry Joe fan but at least he has the common sense to not like a limited game based off a poor movie.
Charming.

It's obvious why the VR experience and Tussauds experience were both based on the reboot; it's the most recent instalment of the franchise.

While yes, either one being based on the classic franchise would go down swimmingly with older fans, it'd be a bit like someone designing something based on the motion picture era of Star Trek and releasing it to coincide with the next film in the Abrams franchise, it'd be confusing for younger participants.
By pferreira1983
Kingpin wrote:While yes, either one being based on the classic franchise would go down swimmingly with older fans, it'd be a bit like someone designing something based on the motion picture era of Star Trek and releasing it to coincide with the next film in the Abrams franchise, it'd be confusing for younger participants.
I'm not questioning them making a game off ATC, they're fine to do it.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Lol, give me one good reason to ever bother responding to you again. All you ever do here is randomly swoop in to declare your superior taste to others who disagree with you and then disappear again.
Not sure I said that. To clarify what I am saying is that you're quick to have a go at Angry Joe for dismissing the new VR game. Even if you're a fan of ATC you must realise not every piece of media released from it will be seen as good. A lot of Ghostbusters games are heavily criticised, not just this. The difference with this one is that it's based on a movie only some people like.
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:you're quick to have a go at Angry Joe for dismissing the new VR game.
Because it was obvious he only dismissed it because it's the new Ghostbusters.
Even if you're a fan of ATC you must realise not every piece of media released from it will be seen as good.
Lol, expect these are fans who make it their life's work to dismiss anything from the new movie, automatically without another thought. I wish it was as fair as you make it out to be, but detractors let you down in that regard.
A lot of Ghostbusters games are heavily criticised, not just this.
Absolutely, which is a big reason I shredded my geek card last year. Fandoms continually mistake whining and complaining for criticism.
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:Because it was obvious he only dismissed it because it's the new Ghostbusters.
Ha, ha! Yeah but the reverse could be said of you. Do you see how this works? :)
JurorNo.2 wrote:Lol, that is not what's happening here. These are fans who make it their life's work to dismiss anything from the new characters, automatically without another thought.
You don't entirely know that. Movie tie-ins don't have a good history. Does this mean we are supposed to like every single thing based off ATC even if it's subpar?
JurorNo.2 wrote:Absolutely, which is a big reason I shredded my geek card last year. Fandoms continually mistake whining and complaining for criticism.
That's true to an extent as Rotten Tomatoes weird scores show but while Ghostbusters II for the Amiga is my favourite Ghostbusters game even I'll admit to it's faults.
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:but the reverse could be said of you.
No. It can't. In fact.
Do you see how this works? :)
I see how you work. ;)
You don't entirely know that.
Lol, yes let's rewrite 2016 entirely.

And again, all fandoms do anymore is whine about "flaws." It's their way of feeling superior. "Oh I loved these movies and games of my youth, but now that I'm older, I see FLAWS! Look at how sophisticated I am now!"
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:No. It can't. In fact.
It comes across you're angry over the hate ATC got so any criticism it gets from other places for related video games, toys etc you have a go at that person. It's in no way my place to say what films you can or can't like but video game tie-ins don't have a nice history and a video game coming out for a film that isn't hugely liked is unfortunately going to get more criticism.
JurorNo.2 wrote:And again, all fandoms do anymore is whine about "flaws." It's their way of feeling superior. "Oh I loved these movies and games of my youth, but now that I'm older, I see FLAWS! Look at how sophisticated I am now!"
I totally understand what you mean. I'm not like that although in culture we're a minority. Stuff I didn't like back then I'm able to articulate why I don't like it now and same goes for stuff I do like. There are people who back in the 90s saw the Amiga game Zool and thought it was fantastic, now as you say it's popular to look back and see it as just a Sonic ripoff which it was intended as but the game should get more credit than that. It's called fan revisionism and it's terrible. Having said that while I love Ghostbusters II even today even I know there are parts of the whole thing whether it's the amount of levels or the controls that could be better. Not everything from our childhood was great. I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for saying this but looking back The Transformers was one of the weakest cartoons of the 80s yet it was the most popular.
By JurorNo.2
I am not the one who has a go at people for different opinions. And. you. know. it.

Lol, once again, NOT talking about movies is somehow less stressful.
By SSJmole
pferreira1983 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:Like Alpha said, that's a different game. Plus Angry Joe's video is just a bunch of whining that it's based on the new movie.
SSJmole wrote:
This. He hated movie got clicks from it so he did this for extra clicks hoping to generate the same buzz.

As someone who's played it myself it's not terrible like i said short and a bit pricey but it feels great been in ghostbusters and the little touches and jokes you can see from movie is not bad. It's fun and more is coming.
I'm sure you guys would defend anything based off the new movie. I'm not an Angry Joe fan but at least he has the common sense to not like a limited game based off a poor movie.

That's not defending it. If i made a big deal about hating Disney and final fantasy would you be surprised if i bashed kingdom hearts?

Joe is one of the worse people online for been hypocritical and looking for attention. Example he was boycotting Nintendo for ever and getting rid of Nintendo stuff he bought ( even though everything he showed was gifts) the switch comes out and hey guess who's back to making "Nintendo is evil" even though it's the SAME issue ...

Or acts angry anytime a game messes up. Yet when letsplaying Witcher 3 which he was flown out to get special stuff from company... He just laughed it off.

He got made to look an iddiot when interviewing someone at a convention and his argument was "he was prepared" HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

His videos are not honest or real. He does a character and hates anything the internet is vocally hating and loves anything it vocally loves. He just wants views that's it.

That was point. If someobe hates Dragonball i don't care if they like or hate xenoverse as it's for fans. Look at most vr experiences on psvr. Batman. Arkham was like 1 hour , battlefront vr was a 30 minute little mission. BUT for both it was AWESOME as you felt like you were in their world's. The ghostbusters vr is short but it's sooooo cool been in the world. if the game was exactly the same but set in 80s movie people would love it for that reason. The gameplay is not bad. It's mainly the lengh.

That's my point of don't blindly trust a known hypocrite​ and if you hate everything about 2016 movie don't bother with games based on it. I hate big bang theory if there was a game based on that I'd just avoid.
JurorNo.2, Kingpin, zeta otaku and 1 others liked this
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:I am not the one who has a go at people for different opinions. And. you. know. it.
You say that but you're doing the same thing to me and others.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Lol, once again, NOT talking about movies is somehow less stressful.
So would you like me to talk about 90s video games? I'm up for that. :)
SSJmole wrote:His videos are not honest or real. He does a character and hates anything the internet is vocally hating and loves anything it vocally loves. He just wants views that's it.
I never said I thought he was a good YouTuber. I despise the guy.
SSJmole wrote:That's my point of don't blindly trust a known hypocrite​ and if you hate everything about 2016 movie don't bother with games based on it. I hate big bang theory if there was a game based on that I'd just avoid.
Unfortunately YouTubers aren't like that. AVGN has become famous for playing games everybody hates but he's pretty funny. Other YouTubers like NecroVMX make a living from people asking them to letsplay terrible games. It doesn't work as in "This video game isn't my thing so I'll avoid it". There's too much money to be made playing a terrible game that's just come out. Even the highly praised Kimble Justice has done that with older games.
By SSJmole
pferreira1983 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:I am not the one who has a go at people for different opinions. And. you. know. it.
You say that but you're doing the same thing to me and others.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Lol, once again, NOT talking about movies is somehow less stressful.
So would you like me to talk about 90s video games? I'm up for that. :)
SSJmole wrote:His videos are not honest or real. He does a character and hates anything the internet is vocally hating and loves anything it vocally loves. He just wants views that's it.
I never said I thought he was a good YouTuber. I despise the guy.
SSJmole wrote:That's my point of don't blindly trust a known hypocrite​ and if you hate everything about 2016 movie don't bother with games based on it. I hate big bang theory if there was a game based on that I'd just avoid.
Unfortunately YouTubers aren't like that. AVGN has become famous for playing games everybody hates but he's pretty funny. Other YouTubers like NecroVMX make a living from people asking them to letsplay terrible games. It doesn't work as in "This video game isn't my thing so I'll avoid it". There's too much money to be made playing a terrible game that's just come out. Even the highly praised Kimble Justice has done that with older games.
Oh i know. I just saying don't act as if because he bashed it then it must be bad. He hated the world so was going too. As vr the hook is putting you in the world if you the hate the world it won't capture you. (Can be bad too as i was doing hooked on batman vr i fell on my ass trying to lean on rail lol)

That's all I'm saying my stance was just i was defending just saying it doesn't make it bad cause Joe hated it. I admired it has flaws but when vr titles are limited and if you like ghostbusters ATC , then try it your self.
By jakeacc
It's a bit silly to hate this VR experience soley that it is based on the 2016 film. This specific level (not sure about future installments) has barely anything to do with the original OR the 2016 film. It's very Ghostbusters agnostic. It takes place in the firehouse (which was in both films). It features slimer (which was in both films) The sound and look of the proton stream is identical to both films.
Yes, the proton pack is based off the 2016 film, but this is a VR game, you can't see the pack because it's on your back. Really, the only way to tell that this is a 2016 GB game and not the original is the Ecto-1 design and a reference to a receptionist named Kevin.
By pferreira1983
SSJmole wrote:Oh i know. I just saying don't act as if because he bashed it then it must be bad.
If enough people dislike the game history will record it as a 'bad' game however as you say what one person thinks is a bad game doesn't mean others will find it that.
jakeacc wrote:It's a bit silly to hate this VR experience soley that it is based on the 2016 film.
I agree although if you want a good movie tie-in or franchise tie-in you need a source material that people are going to like already.
By Kingpin
pferreira1983 wrote:I agree although if you want a good movie tie-in or franchise tie-in you need a source material that people are going to like already.
Good as the original movie is as source material, as we've established it was extremely unlikely they were going to base it on anything other than the 2016 movie.
By SpaceBallz
I think I'd rather see an adaption from the NY VR experience into the playstation VR or HTV Vive, this recent release is just an adjusted version of the cheap quick VR phone game.
By Buckynohair
Any idea when episode two, "showdown I believe, is set to be released this month for psvr? Really hoping they integrate the ps aim into it as well.
By skankerzero
Buckynohair wrote:Any idea when episode two, "showdown I believe, is set to be released this month for psvr? Really hoping they integrate the ps aim into it as well.
I would be EXTREMELY surprised if chapter 2 was ever made.
Chapter 1 bombed and was reviewed very negatively.
By Buckynohair
The Mrs asked ghostcorp the other day and they said it should be out November. I enjoyed it as an "experience" though the price was way too high. I'm hoping it includes the 2nd one too imcluded with the price (naive I know...)

I recall seeing a quick glimpse of episode 2, titled showdown, at the end of the q and a with Ernie and Ivan during ghostbusters day earlier this year.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]