For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
In this threa lets discuss your the most favourite Ghostbusters games for consoles, PCs, browsers etc. It can be both free video games, slots, logical games, puzzles and so on. Any type of game related to GB series are welcome.

Lets also adhere to the intelligible order of the games with pointing the game name, the date of release, the developer and the link if required, also the main part will be your personal impression about the games with recommendations to play or not.

Let make this thread useful both for the forum fans and the ordinary fans of the Ghostbusters :love:
So, I'll start this thread first. These I've played for a long time.

1) GhostBusters Video Game (1984) by Activision developer.

Regardless the controversioal reviews and the comments of the compulsive gamers, I'd like to say that this game I like not for its logic, but for the oldschool graphic and design, for the nostalgia due to the sound effects and of cources, for the simplisity.

2) GhostBusters Video Game (2009) by Zootfly

The single thing I don't like in such game is that the people involved in writing the script for the film write the plot to the game. There is a great amount of the dialogs. but I want to catch the ghosts instead of listening the chatter ;) Anyway, the music is nice and the original actors starred in the film, took part in voicing the game. While playing the dialogs interrupts each 5 minutes, so for the games fans it will seem a little bit annoying) For me it's even very nice;)
The oficial game of the developer ZootFly on this link.

3) Ghostbusters slot games for browsers by IGT developer (2014)

There is the single slot game I played and it's eas to guess that I mean Ghostbusters. I never played for real money - just for free. The music was taken for the film and at the screen there are symbols of the main characters. Like to this game as there I can try my luck. Also, I usually use it like the prediction-ball like it was in the film called the "Interstate 60", if you remember ))
The site introduced the Ghostbusters slot machine on FreeSlotsHUB is here on the link.

Now, it's your queue to describe your favourites or to add info with your excitements about this one; )
Last edited by Ghostlover on May 24th, 2021, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zootfly didn't make the 2009 Ghostbusters video game, Atari did.

Zootfly leaked some videos and pictures as they were trying to develop a game, but they didn't get the license. As it turns out they were just trying to hype their game, which was actually called TimeO and had nothing to do with Ghostbusters. TimeO was never released.

As far as your dislike that Aykroyd and Ramis were involved in the script, I'll respectfully but completely disagree. The fact that they were involved, and the dialogue throughout the game, makes it flow seamlessly as the third movie that we never got.
zeta otaku, Kingpin liked this
The dialog and script in Ghostbusters 2009 was half the reason why it was amazing. Not only did you feel like you were part of the Ghostbusters, and a big part, but you also felt like you were fighting alongside the Ghostbusters that we have all loved. You got to do segments with all four of them, sometimes one or two at a time, sometimes with all five of you in one place. I honestly can't really bad mouth much of it at all, in fact any real gripes I have with it are just simple nitpicks, so it is one that I would consider my favorite video game of all time.

The NES Ghostbusters, however, was garbage! Even as a child, I had no idea what I was doing at all. My brother and I rented from Blockbuster, so when we rented games, they didn't come with a manual, not that a manual could help at all. It was sloppy, contrived, and the graphics, even for back then, were atrocious. I'm really glad they got it right 20 years later.
Doctor Venkman , thank you for the suggestion. I confused Atari with the Zootfly.
And I can agree about the long dialogues in the game, but as for me, it will be much more interesting to play a game where you should play, but not to look the videos ;))
I have two favourite video games-
1. 2009 Ghostbusters Video Game, great gameplay and story and pretty much the third movie.
2. The first Ghostbusters game I played which was the original Amstrad version mostly due to the feel of starting your own Ghostbuster business it gave you.

I'm hoping that a new game would be developed meshing the gameplay of 2009 and enhancing the business creation of the Amstrad version. I enjoyed being able to purchase my own vehicle design (Ecto 1 as a VW Bug anyone?) and decide on equipment.
Ghostlover liked this
By the way, about the Ghostbusters game (2009) that you are talking about.. As you already heard (I think) the new film about the GhostBusters will be released soon, so... Hope that also the new game is developing now. As we also live in the in times of technologies and the innovations, I can predict that the game should be extraordinary and fresh.. Did anybody hear about the new Ghostbuster video game?

Also, as the result, the new Ghostbuster slot machine game should come out with the efforts of such developers like WMS, Microgaming or anyhing like that and according to the facts that Playtch already released such 3D slot game as Hulk, they will develop the same about the Ghostbusters. Hope, that the GB are much more popular than Hulk. How do you think?

Anyway, hope that both GB games will come out soon.. :boogieman:
The PS3/360/PC version of GBTVG is my favorite but I've recently been playing through the Wii version, which is actually pretty good. They have alternative takes on the same stages from the other version of the game and in some cases there are different and extra line readings from Murray, Aykroyd etc that are not in the PS3/360/PC version.

One of the neat things I've seen so far was when I was in the building where Stay Puft is stomping around outside. The same level is in the other version, but here, there is a floor with arcade cabinets with ghosts hiding in them everywhere, so you have pixelated ghosts sprites flying around based off old video games.

I also liked the Genesis/Megadrive game and have a soft spot for the PAL NES GB2 game, NEW Ghostbusters 2. Not the Activision title though.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]