For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
I have GBTVG for PC. Ive had it for years and have never had time to touch it much past the training. lol. I finally have some time to kill again.
So, ive been trying to do some research on this one and cannot find a resolution...

I have made a controller for my PC using an old xbox controller that I spliced a USB connection to and downloaded a driver for it to work with my computer. Im on windows Vista. At one point this controller worked with the game and now it wont?? Ive opened the driver software and you can clearly see it recognizes the controller and when I move the joysticks and buttons they read right. In the game control options Ive switched back and forth over and over from "mouse/keyboard" to "gamepad" or whatever it says. Nothing? As mentioned online places, Ive rebooted several times and ive even waited till the game boots up to insert the USB and still nothing? I don't know why it doesn't work anymore with the game. I know it used to work because ive played the game up to the Hotel scene with it in the past. Any help would be appreciated.

I might just have to buy another controller and see if that works. Sorry, I HATE the mouse/keyboard and trying to move people/things that way. lol. I don't want to get the childish looking xbox version. I hate the way the characters look on that.
gold333 wrote:I think Zeta Otaku had the same problem a while back, check his post for help if you can.

I think he had more than one controller plugged in he didn't know about.
Correct, I think it was a foot pedal or something similar. Travis, try using an Xbox 360 controller and see if that helps. I have a sneaking suspicion that a Windows Update is the culprit.
Travis Burrell liked this
Travis Burrell wrote:my xbox 360 controllers are wireless. is there a driver that works with wifi or Bluetooth? or should I just go buy a 360 wired controller?
I'd use a wired controller myself just to make sure. Most Gamestops or other used game stores should have them pretty cheap.
Your have to make sure your controller is the only game controller your computer sees. I have flight pedals, a joystick, throttle, a couple other programmable keypads... and all of that needs to be disconnected so my 360 controller is the only one connected.
I use a wireless xbox 360 controller, straight out of the box, works awesome.

Yeah i'd just remove and reinstall the xbox cobtroller usb drivers or repair it to the receiver using thelittlebutton. Failing that, just backup your savegame and reinstall the game.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]