For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By luke9511
i would rather this new game be like the 2009 game but since it looks like it wont be coming to PC at least for now if at all i wont be playing it as i dont have any of the newer consoles
By 80sguy
luke9511 wrote:i would rather this new game be like the 2009 game but since it looks like it wont be coming to PC at least for now if at all i wont be playing it as i dont have any of the newer consoles
Um, it's been confirmed that it will be on PC.
By Kid Chameleon
Just seen the trailer and it looks like a game I can get behind. The graphics look a bit too Indie for a mainstream developer, though.
By Buckynohair
I've been keeping an eye out for any videos or what have you for the new game seeing as it's e3 this week. But so far not a dicky bird. Anyone else seen anything yet?
By mrmichaelt
Buckynohair wrote:I've been keeping an eye out for any videos or what have you for the new game seeing as it's e3 this week. But so far not a dicky bird. Anyone else seen anything yet?
Last edited by Kingpin on June 17th, 2016, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: added youtube code
below_radar_00 liked this
By Buckynohair

With the new Lego dimensions story pack and this, I'm fairly content with Ghostbuster games in the coming 3 months. Now... Bring on the 09 game bc or remaster ;)
Last edited by Kingpin on June 19th, 2016, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
By Kingpin
Seeing it in motion, it looks like it could be fun, and I'm seeing some gameplay inspired by the 2008 game built into it.
By skankerzero
Awesome!

At first it's easy to assume this is a simple reskin of SoS, but after watching the gameplay I highly doubt it.
I'm digging the art style. Really like the blonde, female character.
By WhoaFoogles
I really love the art style of this game.

Preorder bonus includes OGB suits and trap! I dig it.

There's also a "premium" version of the game that comes with the OGB suits/trap, dashboard themes, and a digital copy of the reboot to be delivered at a later date.
By Scuba Steve
Sometimes I think artists need to dial back the "cool" factor of Ghostbusters. They were essentially Orkin pest control for ghosts. I feel like it was at its funniest when it was just schlubs doing a menial labor job (three more free-repeaters).
seekandannoy, Scum liked this
By UntouchableGen
I have mixed expectations for this game. It kinda looks like SOS without the other 3 types of streams. Instead it seems to have some other type of proton guns that shoot what i would call proton bullets. The screenshots show all the characters using guns, but then the trailer for the game shows them using an upgraded wand. No comfirmation on using the traps yet. In my opinion, using the traps makes GB games better. I played the 3DS version of 2009 GB and the only thing that made it entertaining was using the traps.
By Slimered
Scuba Steve wrote:Sometimes I think artists need to dial back the "cool" factor of Ghostbusters. They were essentially Orkin pest control for ghosts. I feel like it was at its funniest when it was just schlubs doing a menial labor job (three more free-repeaters).
That wouldn't really work for a game though.
By Slimered
Scuba Steve wrote:You could dial it back from 11 though.
And make it less fun to play in the process.
By WhoaFoogles
featofstrength wrote:
WhoaFoogles wrote: Preorder bonus includes OGB suits and trap! I dig it.
Ugh...what a ransom.
Pre-orders are for the foolish, certainly. But the pre-order bonuses almost always appear later as DLC, so if this game turns out worth purchasing the classic appearances will still probably be an option.
featofstrength liked this
By Ecto_1X
So is anyone picking up this game? there's been 0 news even on gaming websites or other hands on since E3. They said they didn't have time to put in online MP..so are they doing that in the future as an update? I mean comeon, even a game as simple as Broforce as online MP.
By Scum
Slimered wrote:
Scuba Steve wrote:You could dial it back from 11 though.
And make it less fun to play in the process.
Some of the most fun to play games are the super basic ones. Video games don't need to be super crazy and flashy to be fun. Some of the most visually stunning games turn out to be total crap.

That said, am I the only one who thinks this game looks like it could feel and play like Diablo/Gauntlet? I sure hope it does because those games provide for endless hours of awesomeness.
By Scum
Ecto_1X wrote:So is anyone picking up this game? there's been 0 news even on gaming websites or other hands on since E3. They said they didn't have time to put in online MP..so are they doing that in the future as an update? I mean comeon, even a game as simple as Broforce as online MP.
I really want to, but it just seems a bit pricey for what the game offers. I completely agree, the online MP not being included just seems like a bad bad decision. Now, that's not to say that they couldn't unlock the online play somewhere down the road, but it just seems like a bit of a misstep to not include it from the get-go.
By Ecto_1X
Scum wrote:
Ecto_1X wrote:So is anyone picking up this game? there's been 0 news even on gaming websites or other hands on since E3. They said they didn't have time to put in online MP..so are they doing that in the future as an update? I mean comeon, even a game as simple as Broforce as online MP.
I really want to, but it just seems a bit pricey for what the game offers. I completely agree, the online MP not being included just seems like a bad bad decision. Now, that's not to say that they couldn't unlock the online play somewhere down the road, but it just seems like a bit of a misstep to not include it from the get-go.
Online MP should be like a requirement for these games for this generation and on. As for comparing it to Diablo..it's not a loot based game either. There's no loot, nothing you can really customize and change your stats. I think the mobile game..Slime City has better customization (it has upgrades you can choose for packs between the Proton and Electron Packs).

For using the UE3 engine for this seems like it's kind of a waste. Go look at Gears of War 4 and compare it to this. Different games, but still, same engine.
Scum liked this
By Jangonate
pyhasanon wrote:I'm not... it plays just like Sanctum of Slime, which I did not enjoy... not worth my money...
This is why I have been pretty cautious with this game. But then I remember that it was not the top down format of the game that annoyed me, but the lack of variation in ghosts, all over the place difficulty level, and really, really tiny font on some of the comic strip pieces that hurt it. Some tweeking here and there and SoS could have been a simple, fun time. As it is, it's frustrating and gets pretty boring.

Is there a loot system in this? That's the Diabloesque element that could make this game really fun. Weapons upgrades and new gear. Seeing as there are different uniforms via DLC, maybe there are some additions you can find in game. This looks better than SoS, but looks can be deceiving.

Most importantly, I want to know whether or not this will completely spoil the movie. I'd like to have something to play as I get excited for Thursday's movie release, but I don't want to hurt that viewing experience with spoilers.
By Ecto_1X
Jangonate wrote:
pyhasanon wrote:I'm not... it plays just like Sanctum of Slime, which I did not enjoy... not worth my money...
This is why I have been pretty cautious with this game. But then I remember that it was not the top down format of the game that annoyed me, but the lack of variation in ghosts, all over the place difficulty level, and really, really tiny font on some of the comic strip pieces that hurt it. Some tweeking here and there and SoS could have been a simple, fun time. As it is, it's frustrating and gets pretty boring.

Is there a loot system in this? That's the Diabloesque element that could make this game really fun. Weapons upgrades and new gear. Seeing as there are different uniforms via DLC, maybe there are some additions you can find in game. This looks better than SoS, but looks can be deceiving.

Most importantly, I want to know whether or not this will completely spoil the movie. I'd like to have something to play as I get excited for Thursday's movie release, but I don't want to hurt that viewing experience with spoilers.
It doesn't look like it will have any loot in the game. It's just you choose your character, what type of flight suit and probably progressive upgrades to your pack.
By Slimered
Scum wrote:
Slimered wrote: And make it less fun to play in the process.
Some of the most fun to play games are the super basic ones. Video games don't need to be super crazy and flashy to be fun. Some of the most visually stunning games turn out to be total crap.

That said, am I the only one who thinks this game looks like it could feel and play like Diablo/Gauntlet? I sure hope it does because those games provide for endless hours of awesomeness.
Who wants to plod along busting ghosts? Even Mario has a sense of pace to it that prevents the franchise from becoming dull and uninspired.
By Scum
Slimered wrote:
Scum wrote:

Who wants to plod along busting ghosts? Even Mario has a sense of pace to it that prevents the franchise from becoming dull and uninspired.
Isn't the point of any video game to "plod along and destroy / capture things". Also, I think "becoming dull and uninspired" is a bit extreme. I'm not saying to turn the game into an 8 bit bore fest, just saying that when more emphasis is put into making things bright and flashy rather than making a game that actually has good game mechanics, problems are bound to arise.
By UntouchableGen
So.... after days of debate, I finally purchased this game. My reasoning was that after seeing the trailer for this game it looks like it might be pretty entertaining. I also feel that this game will be as entertaining as we make it when we play with other people. We have a large community of people right here to play with. So i feel that i will be quite entertained by it. It's playable tomorrow... CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IT!
By Ecto_1X
UntouchableGen wrote:So.... after days of debate, I finally purchased this game. My reasoning was that after seeing the trailer for this game it looks like it might be pretty entertaining. I also feel that this game will be as entertaining as we make it when we play with other people. We have a large community of people right here to play with. So i feel that i will be quite entertained by it. It's playable tomorrow... CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IT!
You do realize there is no online multiplayer/co-op right?
By UntouchableGen
Ecto_1X wrote:
UntouchableGen wrote:So.... after days of debate, I finally purchased this game. My reasoning was that after seeing the trailer for this game it looks like it might be pretty entertaining. I also feel that this game will be as entertaining as we make it when we play with other people. We have a large community of people right here to play with. So i feel that i will be quite entertained by it. It's playable tomorrow... CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IT!
You do realize there is no online multiplayer/co-op right?
NOPE! I didnt realize that. Well now i have.... BUYERS REMORSE
By UntouchableGen
Ecto_1X wrote:
UntouchableGen wrote:
NOPE! I didnt realize that. Well now i have.... BUYERS REMORSE
Yeah I kinda wanted to warn everyone. :( Guess I couldn't.

Well, hopefully it's still a semi entertaining game.
Ecto_1X liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]