For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By SkyHighGam3r
Something has haunted my dreams for the past 14 years and I can't take it anymore.

As we all well know, in the early 2000's L.S.P. (Light & Shadow Productions) created an Extreme Ghostbusters game for both the Game Boy Color & Game Boy Advance.

What many people do NOT know, is that at some point in time, L.S.P. was also planning on making an Extreme Ghostbusters game for the Nintendo Gamecube.

There was some slight stir around this back in 2001 when it was announced, but then it just faded into the background no one ever said another word about it. LSP had a number of projects that were cancelled, most notably a Gremlins game that took place after the movies.

As time has gone on, I have found less and less evidence of this game ever being created. I imagine it didn't get far in development, as I've never once seen a screenshot of so much as a texture or game model.

For the last decade or so this ONE piece of evidence still remained; an article written by Gamespot back in February of 2001 announcing LSP getting the Extreme Ghostbuster License.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/lsp-to ... 0-2689021/

Let me know what you guys think, and more importantly, if you have any other information about this. I've thought about contacting LSP directly for comment, but I quickly realized they no longer exist lol.

Either way, I wanted to share this with you guys, if you're anything like me I know you'll have plenty of daydreams about what could have been.
Well here's hoping that the new animation and movie reboot will breed some more video games. I don't care about any changes to the franchise as long as it means I can strap on a proton pack in some fashion.

Playing through Ghostbusters: The Video Game is in the top 5 most rewarding experiences in my life. I realize how lame that makes my life sound... but it's true none-the-less.

Still, I'd give anything to see even a glimpse at what they were planning for the Gamecube. Hopefully not just a port of that god awful PSX game hahaha.
Don't worry about finding a PAL PS1.

There's a couple different ways you can play it.

1.) Using a FAT PSX, grab a serial port based gameshark (On ebay for cheap, or a local retroshop) and you can use that to unlock the region.

2.) Using a slim PS2, you can do a hot-swap trick with an NTSC disc.

3.) (BEST) Using a slim ps2, install FreeMcBoot, and the PSX loader file, then get the lid sensor to stay closed and boot it that way.

Keep in mind though, as it is a light-gun based game you HAVE to play it on a CRT based TV, or the Light-Gun won't register in game.

Youtube is your best friend for tutorials on these methods.
SkyHighGam3r wrote:There were 2 on PC from what I remember, like a puzzle one, and a 'media center' one or something.

I've only ever found one in english online. I think it was the puzzle one.
Yeah I own the puzzle one.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]