For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
MOD NOTE: Link has since expired and user hasn't logged in since April 2016.

Greetings fellow ghostheads I'm Chris and i have been working on a mini mod for the PC version of the ghostbusters game to enable the golden proton pack and gb2 flight suit.

I am here to announce my complete success in regards to the golden proton pack and partial success in regards to the GB2 flight suit.

Below you can see some screenshots of my mini mod in-game on the steam version.

As you can see the mod doesn't just affect the player but the other GB as well, without access to the source code there's not much i can do here. Also you'll notice that the GB2 flight suit has the same 0day error that the console had, despite my best efforts i cant seem to rectify this issue, however i will let you know as soon as i do.

I'm not sure what is or isn't allowed as far as uploading files to the forum or linking to downloads sites, so i will read the forum rules some more and upload the .zip with the files and instructions on modifying your game soon.

Special thanks goes to rick at http://blog.gib.me/ for posting his source code for the packing and unpacking tools for the games .POD files.

Thanks

Ecto1a2003.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. i am trying to get assets from the ps3/xbox360 version so i can use the custom multilayer skins in-game.
joeghostbuster wrote:interesting, thanks for doing this, even though the game is like 5+ years old... its nice to see it being modded, any other mods in the works for this game?
thanks for checking it out, i'm going to try some other things but i'm really limited as there are no mod tools for the game. localization should be easy to do but changing models and textures are near impossible. i'll make a new thread when i start something new.
Hey thanks for posting this. I was wondering if someone would figure out how to get that DLC active in the pc version. Awesome work!

Would love to see if you can get the mp skins back in the game.

Any chance we can have a version where it's just the gb2 flight suit? I never thought that gold pack looked great.
Cool thanks!

Yeah I thought the patch was a problem with the dlc itself anyway? Same thing happened when people used the gb2 suit on the consoles and it never got fixed as far as I know. Would be awesome if you could fix it anyway.

I was actually looking in the game files the other day with dragon unpacker and was wondering how you achieved this mod. Did you basically extract the gb2 suit texture files, rename them so they are the same name as the standard jumpsuit and then repack the files? or is it a bit more complex, just curious...
I've been digging through the 360 files and there is a whole separate copy of the game in there just for multiplayer stuff. the zombie/ghoul/mayor skins are in there but i cant open them, they're compressed or swizzled. without access to the development tools it will probably never happen.
ecto1a2003 wrote:I've been digging through the 360 files and there is a whole separate copy of the game in there just for multiplayer stuff. the zombie/ghoul/mayor skins are in there but i cant open them, they're compressed or swizzled. without access to the development tools it will probably never happen.
Hmm, do you see other skins in there like for Ilyssa Selwyn? I recall Jesse Sosa saying there were other skins hidden in files somewhere.
I'll look for more skins if ilyssa tomorrow, from what I saw she might not have been the only playable bonus character planned. I se files for peck, and what looks like may have been planed dlc for more maps;twisted firehouse, pneumatic transit, and gozer alter. We were going to get a much more feature filled game at one point.
mrmichaelt liked this
Sweet. Yup, all those skins and maps have been confirmed one way or another. Like the movies, there's always more things to discover. ;)

There was a custom characterization option to make your Rookie at one point but they had to choose one look because the cinematic cutscenes were pre-rendered. That might also account for the # of skins you'll find. There was even one skin of Jesse Sosa in there.

I know Jesse mentioned Janine had more outfits but didn't make the cut, RGB colored jumpsuits were an unlockable at one point of development, etheral GB models based on the ghosts from "Citizen Ghost" at one point - but I don't know if those were kept in the files.
yeah it seems like some of that stuff is referenced in the common.pod skeletal data but no texture info exists in the art.pod files.

I guess if you could edit the existing gb uniform textures and get them back into one of the art.pod files you would be able to make the uniforms whatever colour you wanted.
I know i said I'd try to get a split version of the mod posted last weekend but i just got my 2 weeks notice so all my time will be focused on attaining gainful employment again.

Further updates, I've managed to gain access to the Xbox 360 version game data and i have been trying to convert the artwork for the mayor and the ghoul\zombie into useable art for the PC version. at this point i will have to write custom c++ applications to handle the conversion which as stated above i just don't have time for at this moment. hopefully this will change when/if i get a job. Feel free to keep downloading and playing the mod, 13 downloads to date!!! please leave any comments or questions you have in the thread and i will do my best to explain or answer them

Thanks for all the views and posts

Chris
ecto1a2003 wrote:I know i said I'd try to get a split version of the mod posted last weekend but i just got my 2 weeks notice so all my time will be focused on attaining gainful employment again.

Further updates, I've managed to gain access to the Xbox 360 version game data and i have been trying to convert the artwork for the mayor and the ghoul\zombie into useable art for the PC version. at this point i will have to write custom c++ applications to handle the conversion which as stated above i just don't have time for at this moment. hopefully this will change when/if i get a job. Feel free to keep downloading and playing the mod, 13 downloads to date!!! please leave any comments or questions you have in the thread and i will do my best to explain or answer them

Thanks for all the views and posts

Chris
I've not really got much to add apart from keep up the good work! Oh and i hope you have a break through regarding the no ghost logo on the GB2 suit. It's a shame there isn't much of a mod community for this, i've seen some amazing stuff done with the stuff left in other games.

Not that this comment is a slight on your work as you've proven why i should have bought GBTVG on steam, the potential if someone could crack this wide open is worth thinking about.
skankerzero wrote:yeah, a lot of the extra character stuff should be in the multiplayer pod.
I think most of us would give our soul to explore the (Gozer Temple & Van Horne Station) maps.The work on those was beautiful...such a shame they was never released :(
samme434 wrote:We can't find the link you're looking for. Please check the link and try again.
Do you know how to fix that??
I'm guessing the link was one of those that eventually expires when it goes dormant, which'd mean you'd have to get the original poster to upload a fresh copy and post a new link... except they haven't been to the forum since April.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]