For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By gold333
The actual Ghostbusting mechanic / wrangling / trapping / environmental destruction is very unique and has not been used in any game since. We will definitely see a Gb2016 tie in game I think.
Considering the amount of investment required to get the game and all the ghostbusters peripherals, I wonder if the gameplay is up to par with the asking price.

If so I'm down.

Honestly, I don't think there's much chance of seeing another actual Ghostbusters game any time soon. Sadly, it doesn't look as though there is going to be a movie-tie-in with the Reboot. I'd pay top dollar for that...

All we can do is HOPE that the movie makes enough money, and the upcoming cartoon generates enough hype that somehow we are gifted with another Ghostbusters game in the new universe that's being created.

I also hope that Xbox Gold gives out Ghostbusters for free soon. It would be awesome to see a resurgance of the Online mode, and help build hype for more Ghostbusting via gameplay.

Fun fact, if you guys have an AMD video card and can *acquire* a copy of TriDef for your PC... the game is playable in full stereoscopic 3D. I was playing it for like 2 hours last night like this, and it's everything you'd ever hoped for.
jakeacc wrote:As for a PS4/Xbox One game, I'd be happy if they just remastered the 2009 game with current gen graphics. The pre-rendered cut scenes were fantastic, but the realtime in-game graphics had some issues. The physics/explosions could be a lot more realistic using the power of current-gen systems and the environments/textures/characters could definitely use more polygons.
I would be so down for this. It's highly unlikely, and would need to be rebuilt from scratch pretty much, but it would be so great to see this preserved as though it was a classic film. Upgraded engine, visuals and gameplay, retaining the plot and voice work. I enjoyed the game immensely (finished again today in fact), but it's already showing signs of age.
skankerzero wrote:I can guarantee you that isn't happening unfortunately.
Oh for sure. You'd need an eccentric millionaire to fund a project like that. I'm sure any useful assets are long gone and you'd have to build it from scratch. I'm just grateful to have gotten it in the first place. It's a rare tie-in game that has real care and attention put into it. And even more precious now Ramis has passed.
henz wrote:
skankerzero wrote:I can guarantee you that isn't happening unfortunately.
Oh for sure. You'd need an eccentric millionaire to fund a project like that. I'm sure any useful assets are long gone and you'd have to build it from scratch. I'm just grateful to have gotten it in the first place. It's a rare tie-in game that has real care and attention put into it. And even more precious now Ramis has passed.
No, it's not that. We still have the entirety of the game on several hard drives and it would probably take 4 to 5 months to uprez everything. Total budget would be around 500k about.
I'm talking about on the Sony side of things. The legal side and what's in their interest when it comes to promoting GB.
skankerzero wrote:
henz wrote:
No, it's not that. We still have the entirety of the game on several hard drives and it would probably take 4 to 5 months to uprez everything. Total budget would be around 500k about.
I'm talking about on the Sony side of things. The legal side and what's in their interest when it comes to promoting GB.
Interesting stuff. I pretty much hate Sony at this point. Between Ghostbusters and Spider-Man, they have continued to mess with some of my favourite properties.
So the game trailer currently has 700+ likes to 2000+ dislikes, definitely not the game people were expecting. I am disappointed with it from the preview, especially when you consider a superior game was released on an inferior system 7 years ago...
Nevertheless I may still play this to get my GB fix, as long as the price matches the product.
Last edited by Tommi on April 15th, 2016, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tommi wrote:So the game trailer currently has 700+ likes to 2000+ likes, definitely not the game people were expecting. I am disappointed with it from the preview, especially when you consider a superior game was released on an inferior system 7 years ago...
Nevertheless I may still play this to get my GB fix, as long as the price matches the product.
Oh it won't match the product. They have been selling demos at 50 to 40 dollars nowadays when shareware version in the past use to be completely free. A game like they are giving out now, I can guess that it's going to go for at least 50 dollars, if not that full game price. These companies...
Tommi wrote:So the game trailer currently has 700+ likes to 2000+ dislikes, definitely not the game people were expecting. I am disappointed with it from the preview, especially when you consider a superior game was released on an inferior system 7 years ago...
It looks like Sanction of Slime but with a tie-in to the reboot movie. Two things that on their own are cause for concern. :-?
Well, Samctum of slime is now backwards compatible on Xbox one. I hope that means the 2009 game will follow suit shortly.

Man, even a special edition of the new game coming out in July that came with a code to download it or just release the original on the stores like they have for San Andrés etc.
That's certainly a kick in the trap!

Do you happen to know the reason (if you're allowed to say) it's not looking likely skanker? It seemed like such a no brainer to do as it would help appease the "disgruntled" fans of the reboot.
Buckynohair wrote:That's certainly a kick in the trap!

Do you happen to know the reason (if you're allowed to say) it's not looking likely skanker? It seemed like such a no brainer to do as it would help appease the "disgruntled" fans of the reboot.
I mentioned it above
skankerzero wrote: No, it's not that. We still have the entirety of the game on several hard drives and it would probably take 4 to 5 months to uprez everything. Total budget would be around 500k about.
It's obvious why there would be no "remastered" version, but is there a reason it might not become a backward compatible title? When Atari bought the game, I was under the impression they made Sanctum of Slime because they had obtained the game rights and wanted to make a quick buck with a bunch of the assets from GBTVG. Is there a reason the AAA game game might not be added to the backward compatible library?
Making it compatible is basically porting the game.
Basically this requires some programmers, testers, and perhaps an artist. They would have to port the game to the new hardware and test it to make sure there are no compatibility issues.
So in the end it would just come down to money and how much they would want to invest in the game.
If there's a reason that it wouldn't be added I'd say that while the game paid itself off, it didn't make a ton of money either. We'll touch base with them again later in the year to see if their minds have changed.
I thought the point of the XBox One backward compatibility was that it's essentially an emulator; the XBO is actually running the 360 games as a 360. The only thing Microsoft needed was publisher permission and MS would emulate and test to ensure everything works properly on the new hardware.

I found this discussion about how games are emulated.
Scuba Steve wrote:I thought the point of the XBox One backward compatibility was that it's essentially an emulator; the XBO is actually running the 360 games as a 360. The only thing Microsoft needed was publisher permission and MS would emulate and test to ensure everything works properly on the new hardware.

I found this discussion about how games are emulated.
I have no experience with the XBO. My comment was mostly about the PS3 / PS4. I know the Xboxes are similar but there are still differences that can cause unstability. MS has done software emulation in the past with the 360, but most of the games still had bugs due to it. I remember trying to play Crimson Skies and every time I used the boost, the distortion shader would mess up the entire screen.
Software emulation isn't perfect but I do know that MS does it internally, so that's good.
I've played a few of the backward compatible games on Xbox One (Alan Wake, Gears of War) and the Microsoft engineers worked some kind of Voodoo magic to get those games to run damn near flawless on completely different hardware.

I was just thinking that if Atari is releasing SoS as backward compatible, there's a decent chance that, barring any major glitches in the emulation, Xbox users may very well be able to play the 2009 game on the Xbox One.
By SSJmole
I loved the 2009 game but I don't think it'd sell enough to pay for it (it was expensive to make)

However activison should make a sequel. I had a convocation about this not long ago with some friends. Here us what I suggested:

Sequel that takes advantage of the franchise ending. It should be like the game Destiny. 3 starting cities then big end game part where all cities team up.

The destiny part is create a ghostbuster and do multiplayer missions' on line to trap ghosts. Level up your character with unique skills and weapons and it'd be fun.

Add group buildings and car you fund we with in game currency it'd be great then if it makes lots of money they can pay one or two originals' to come back for DLC or maybe add a means to travel universes' and meet extreme or 2016 film.

It'd be a blast and have so much replay it'd be great
SSJmole wrote:I loved the 2009 game but I don't think it'd sell enough to pay for it (it was expensive to make)

However activison should make a sequel. I had a convocation about this not long ago with some friends. Here us what I suggested:

Sequel that takes advantage of the franchise ending. It should be like the game Destiny. 3 starting cities then big end game part where all cities team up.

The destiny part is create a ghostbuster and do multiplayer missions' on line to trap ghosts. Level up your character with unique skills and weapons and it'd be fun.

Add group buildings and car you fund we with in game currency it'd be great then if it makes lots of money they can pay one or two originals' to come back for DLC or maybe add a means to travel universes' and meet extreme or 2016 film.

If they do a sequel they should just make it like the original. Why fix what hasn't broke?
pferreira1983 wrote:
SSJmole wrote:I loved the 2009 game but I don't think it'd sell enough to pay for it (it was expensive to make)

If they do a sequel they should just make it like the original. Why fix what hasn't broke?
It'd be cheaper to make so it could make more money. Also multiplayer and dlc help games make more money now.

I'm not saying the orginal needs fixing I love both the ps3 and Wii versions (I prefer Wii for its co-op)

Plus I love the 2016 film so much. But in the eyes of the internet the Ghostbusters brand is tarnished right now.

Add the fact you can't get all the originals back now sadly so a sequel the same way would be less.

How ever remasters are starting to annoy people and people think they are lazy. Something new is needed. And todays gaming landscape is all about online , dlc and such so that game I suggested would be best for today.
SSJmole wrote:Plus I love the 2016 film so much. But in the eyes of the internet the Ghostbusters brand is tarnished right now.

Add the fact you can't get all the originals back now sadly so a sequel the same way would be less.
There's no reason for them not to make a sequel but they wouldn't be able to use the actors for their voices, it would have to be sound a likes which is very common in movie videogame tie-ins. I'm glad you like the movie however you won't get many people wanting a big budget game based off that universe apart from Lego Dimensions.
By SSJmole
I'm not acting for big budget game on that. The first game ended with franchise talk. I'm basing sequel on that but genre switching a little and focusing on co-op which Imo is the one failure of the ps3 version. It's like that ninja turtles game with no co-op. Why do that? The franchise is based off teamwork. I am suggesting taking that game and adding more rpg and MMO elements. Who doesn't want to create a ghostbuster and team with friends?
SSJmole wrote:I'm not acting for big budget game on that. The first game ended with franchise talk. I'm basing sequel on that but genre switching a little and focusing on co-op which Imo is the one failure of the ps3 version. It's like that ninja turtles game with no co-op. Why do that? The franchise is based off teamwork. I am suggesting taking that game and adding more rpg and MMO elements. Who doesn't want to create a ghostbuster and team with friends?
But didn't the 2009 console game version offer co-op? You could play as any character.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]