For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By rahum
Maybe im way off base, but at one point Egon mentions to Peter the Ellis Island incident?

what exactly is that????

im feeling REAL slow.............
By Libtechinit
I believe I read in the strategy guide that this was reffering to the statue of liberty incident in gb2
By Wiggyof9
I don't think it is. I think it's just one of those things that happened between GB2 and the game. Something we will never really know about, like Egon trying to drill a hole in his head.
By Libtechinit
Wiggyof9 wrote:I don't think it is. I think it's just one of those things that happened between GB2 and the game. Something we will never really know about, like Egon trying to drill a hole in his head.
Im looking at the strat guide right now it reads:

In case you didn't know what I was talking about just now, the Ellis Island incident I was referring to took place 2 years ago. You see, Venkman frequently complains about his uninvited contact with Slimer's ectoplasmic nature, but he often forgets how powerful that "slime" can be. During one paranormal predicament, we used positively charged ectoplasm to bring the Statue of Liberty to life. Actually, to say we brought it "to life" may be misleading. In actuality, we simply used the positively charged ectoplasmic secretions to animate the statue. No actual spiritual infusion took place. Not that day, anyway.

not saying the strat guide is right but thats the best info I've got to go on right now lol
deadderek, Noremon liked this
By Wiggyof9
Who wrote it though? Unless it was written by Harold and Dan it's not canon. I think if Egon was talking about the statue of liberty incident he'd have said statue of liberty. Ellis is;and and th statue of liberty aren't the same thing.
By Libtechinit
Wiggyof9 wrote:Who wrote it though? Unless it was written by Harold and Dan it's not canon. I think if Egon was talking about the statue of liberty incident he'd have said statue of liberty. Ellis is;and and th statue of liberty aren't the same thing.
Yea I know I thought that was a little weird to because of them being different islands. Not sure who wrote it its a Prima guide though, there are tones of little facts thrown throughout the entire guide connecting the game to both of the movies and all the others are spot on so I guess its up to interpretation
By keoni
Wiggyof9 wrote:I don't think it is. I think it's just one of those things that happened between GB2 and the game. Something we will never really know about, like Egon trying to drill a hole in his head.
Well, considering that the GB2 sign and Ecto-1A doors are in the storage room next to Peters office and one of the artifacts is a GB2 balloon and mug; I think it's safe to say the it is a refernce to the Statue of Liberty in GB2; even if what was written in the guide came from Dan and Harold or not
deadderek liked this
By Wiggyof9
keoni wrote:
Well, considering that the GB2 sign and Ecto-1A doors are in the storage room next to Peters office and one of the artifacts is a GB2 balloon and mug; I think it's safe to say the it is a refernce to the Statue of Liberty in GB2; even if what was written in the guide came from Dan and Harold or not
That makes no sense. Other GB2 references being in the game doesn't mean the Ellis Island incident is referencing the Statue of Liberty. They are 2 different islands, two different locations. Also let's remember it's Egon saying this, the most precise member of the team.

There are plenty of other references to things we didn't see as well. Winston studying for his PhD for example. So I could just as easily take your logic and say that the non-movie references must mean the Ellis Island incident is also a non-movie reference.
By keoni
Wiggyof9 wrote: Well, considering that the GB2 sign and Ecto-1A doors are in the storage room next to Peters office and one of the artifacts is a GB2 balloon and mug; I think it's safe to say the it is a refernce to the Statue of Liberty in GB2; even if what was written in the guide came from Dan and Harold or not

That makes no sense. Other GB2 references being in the game doesn't mean the Ellis Island incident is referencing the Statue of Liberty. They are 2 different islands, two different locations. Also let's remember it's Egon saying this, the most precise member of the team.
whoa, ya know what. you're right. damn. oh man, my bad. i never noticed that..... Its still possible they are talking about the Statue. Saying Ellis Island may have been a mistake in the script that never got noticed. But we'll never know.

my previous post a half hour before yours [quote="keoni"]That's another good point, that is two different islands. So Im not sure but I'm sticking
With the idea of Lady Liberty[/quote

_________
edit: i need to learn how to quote better :roll:
Last edited by keoni on June 20th, 2009, 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Wiggyof9
Jairus wrote:I think it's worth pointing out that Harold and Dan approved the script and made suggestions, but they didn't actually write it.

Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt your over-analysis. Go back to arguing over canon.
So then why exactly does it say it was written by them in the opening?
By Jairus
Wiggyof9 wrote:
Jairus wrote:I think it's worth pointing out that Harold and Dan approved the script and made suggestions, but they didn't actually write it.

Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt your over-analysis. Go back to arguing over canon.
So then why exactly does it say it was written by them in the opening?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/31/arts/ ... wanted=all
The game is being hawked by Atari as having been written by Mr. Aykroyd and Mr. Ramis, but both men, in addition to the real writers at Terminal Reality, readily acknowledge that is mostly marketing bunk. “They were happy to have our involvement at all,” Mr. Ramis said. “The crassest way I can put it is that they couldn’t have paid us enough to give it the time and attention required to make it as funny as a feature film.”
deadderek liked this
By Marc2006
Isn't Ellis Island a jail from the Marvel comic books? LOL

I'm pretty sure The Punisher spent time there... maybe his roommate was Pete Venkman.. :lol:
By Wiggyof9
Jairus wrote:
The game is being hawked by Atari as having been written by Mr. Aykroyd and Mr. Ramis, but both men, in addition to the real writers at Terminal Reality, readily acknowledge that is mostly marketing bunk. “They were happy to have our involvement at all,” Mr. Ramis said. “The crassest way I can put it is that they couldn’t have paid us enough to give it the time and attention required to make it as funny as a feature film.”
Well that's disappointing. I thought I was playing through Dan and Harold's creation. I guess since they technically wrote some parts, Atari can legally say they wrote it. At least the script was approved by them. Can't say the same for a strategy guide.

I still don't think the Ellis Island incident references GB2. When it is said Peter just got finished getting all worked up about catching slimer and I think the Ellis Island incident is suppose to reference the last time Peter got all gung-ho about catching a ghost. The statue of liberty scene doesn't make any sense as a reference at that point in the story.
By AJ Quick
Marc2006 wrote:Isn't Ellis Island a jail from the Marvel comic books? LOL

I'm pretty sure The Punisher spent time there... maybe his roommate was Pete Venkman.. :lol:
Time for a History Lesson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellis_Island

Also, according to that.. Ellis Island = Liberty Island (Statue of Liberty). As in.. its all apart of the same tourist attraction.
deadderek liked this
By ectomaster-04
Wiggyof9 wrote:
Jairus wrote: Well that's disappointing. I thought I was playing through Dan and Harold's creation. I guess since they technically wrote some parts, Atari can legally say they wrote it. At least the script was approved by them. Can't say the same for a strategy guide.
it is, in the game and everwhere else it says written by Dan and Harold. my guess is Atari trying to cash in.
Everyone knows its dan and harold ideas and script.
Atari did little, not the whole thing... so no they cant say they wrote it.
thats like...plagirism.
By AJ Quick
ectomaster-04 wrote:Atari did little, not the whole thing... so no they cant say they wrote it.
thats like...plagirism.
I'm pretty sure the writers of something can give the credit to whoever they want.
deadderek liked this
By Wiggyof9
AJ Quick wrote:
Marc2006 wrote:Isn't Ellis Island a jail from the Marvel comic books? LOL

Time for a History Lesson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellis_Island

Also, according to that.. Ellis Island = Liberty Island (Statue of Liberty). As in.. its all apart of the same tourist attraction.
Maybe I missed it but I did not see where it said they were the same island. It says Ellis Island is part of the Statue of Liberty National Monument Museum.
By stealthECC
Well I think there is an interview in playstation magazine with harold ramis and dan aykroyd. Dan mentions Ellis Island in how it is one of the most haunted places in the US because PSM asks if they are believers. Dan mentions that the guards say it has enormous amounts of paranormal activitity and he goes on to explain how it might change Harolds skeptic beliefs. So I would agree its a possible "drill a hole in my head" type comment.
By ProtonCharger

[/quote]

3/10
i like you.

i also like that harold says one thing, and dan says another instead of if they actually wrote it, it would be complimentary. so it makes since that they might not have written it.

complimentary is a five syllable word. thats 50 cents please.
By rockstar232007
i think it would have been easier/a lot less confusing if, they would have just called it, the Statue of Liberty incedent. But then again, maybe that's what they wanted.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]