For those crazy guys in Europe.. Great Britian, United Kingdom, England... etc.
By GBdoc
ATTENTION ALL UK BASED GHOSTBUSTERS FANS!

Are you available on 22nd November?

We are a London based documentary crew capturing the ultimate ghostbusters experience through the immersive world of Secret Cinema, and we are giving one of you the opportunity to investigate this paranormal disturbance!

You will be filmed arriving at the New York Fashion Week ball in 1984, which has had reports of paranormal sounds and sightings. During the event you will be wined and dined by the elite of 1980’s New York while also being subjugated paranormal and psychic tests. There is also word that the Ghostbusters themselves are looking to recruit new members. All of this ghostly madness will come to a close with a showing of that classic that we all love, the original Ghostbusters.

Well what do you want from me?
We ask to film the lucky winner go though this amazing event to capture their experience of it. You will also occasionally be interviewed by the camera on your thoughts and expectations of the event. We will pay for your Travel and if you are traveling from outside of London, we will also arrange accommodation for you so you can travel back on the 23rd. As this is an 18+ event, we can only accept applicants from the age of 18+

How do I sign up?
We want you to send us a short 30 video of yourself explaining why YOU are the ULTIMATE Ghostbusters fan. Try to convince us that there ain’t no one out there who knows more about busting ghosts then you. If you’ve got merchandise or fan made equipment such as costumes or proton packs, then include them as well.

Check out Secret Cinema's previous showing of Prometheus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywOYkgypEPY

So If you are interested in applying and if you are free on 22nd November, then send your 30 video to:
ghostbustersdoc@gmail.com

Date and location:

22nd November 2013
18:00 till late

The Troxy, Limehouse, 490 Commercial Rd, London E1 0HX

Good luck!
By GBdoc
Hi guys,

one detail that I forgot to mention is that the deadline for this is the 20th (this Wednesday), so don't hold back and get posting!

Good luck!
By your evil twin
I normally don't finish work until 8pm, but I'm going to ask and see if I can have a half-day. I actually live in London E1! If I get the OK, I'm gonna try and make my video Monday evening.

I assume "short 30 video" meant 30 second video. ;)
By Patterson
Well Ghostbusters London got in contact with them to offer their services. We spoke to someone by the name of Alice and they said our services wasn't needed, so if you guys are serious, then you should go to the dedicated ones who offered their services to you rather than getting ghostbusters to 'audition' on why they're awesome.
By your evil twin
Well, if their plan is to follow around and interview ONE lucky winner experiencing the event, it wouldn't really make sense for them to contact Ghostbusters London, as how would we decide who the one lucky winner should be?

Though... I don't see why they couldn't have done a documentary following around a small group of fans, rather than just one. So you do have a point there!

As for the previous contact between Future Cinema and London Ghostbusters... if they already had four actors pretending to be the Ghostbusters with their own costumes and equipment and rehearsed performances, then inviting Ghostbusters London or UK Ghostbusters along would have meant there being a crew of 7 to 10 Ghostbusters, which I'm guessing would not fit the theme of the event they were trying to do.

You previously said that Alice mentioned something about "giving a chance to fans who have less experience of being Ghostbusters"... that comment finally makes sense, as the description above says "There is also word that the Ghostbusters themselves are looking to recruit new members." So I'm thinking that they'll select some random members of the audience to put on proton packs and help the guys bust a ghost. I guess that would seem a bit weird if there was already an extra bunch of people wearing proton packs. "Wow, this looks like a job too big for the four of us to handle, we need some help... right let's give one to this random teenager in a t-shirt and ignore the other five guys wearing proton packs and flight suits."

But this is stuff that they should have explained, rather than just saying "nope".

What is a shame is that originally someone at Future Cinema said that they were interested in having Ghostbusters London or UK Ghostbusters be involved somehow, and got everyone excited... and then didn't get back in touch! They could have just explained at the start that it wouldn't fit their plans for the event, or they could have contacted us a few days later after discussing things. Instead they seemed to just forget about us until you contacted them again, and only then did they deliver the bad news.

What would have been great is if they had said that while they couldn't really figure out a way for us to perform at the event, they were planning on filming a documentary on hardcore fans experiencing the event, and maybe we could be a part of that. (Although I'm guessing they didn't come up with this documentary idea until recently, given the very short deadline for creating the audition videos.) And if they don't want there to be too many Ghostbusters at the event, they could have simply asked us us to not show up in costume.

But hey, I'm still curious to see the event, and if I can win a free ticket by showing off that I'm a hardcore Ghostbusters fan, I'm up for that. I've only been a "London Ghostbuster" for a month or two, but I've been a Ghostbusters fan my whole life.
By GBdoc
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback.

To answer your questions, we are not part of the future cinema team. We are an outside documentary crew who have been given permission to film the event. We have had a lot of contact with the future cinema team but we were unaware that they had previously been in contact with Ghostbusters London. Ideally, we want someone who has little idea of what future/secret cinema is so we can capture their first time experience of an immersive cinema event paired with their favourite film.

Your evil twin - we can work around your work times so feel free to send us your 30 second video

The winner will be announced on wednesday and will be contacted shortly afterwards

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]