Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By cckaiser2
I'm new to the forums but have lurked for some time while I collected items to begin the whole kit.

The motivation for a GB build is that my company is hosting an 80's party this summer. While others are preparing bright neon and members' only jackets, I decided that GhostBusters would really be a slam dunk. However, the conference is in Denver and I live in the midwest. How do I get a proton pack, neutrino wand, goggles, and all other items to denver safely and in a format that looks great?

My plan is to build storage containers that will double as display pieces once the whole outfit is put together - basically a way to display them in my home office while keeping dust off of the proton pack, etc…

First up is a storage container for the belt items. Pics incoming.
By cckaiser2
Here are some pics and steps taken:

I bought this aluminum box on eBay for relatively cheap.
I've begun to sand it down to the raw metal.Image
I'll need to use higher levels of sand paper but I'm not too particular as I plan to weather it. I'll prime it and paint it with a white enamel.

I'm open to suggestions!
By cckaiser2
I ordered some small plastic signs on etsy to attach to the outside of the box:

Once the box is painted, I'll epoxy them on and begin to weather it.

I'm also thinking of cutting a hole in the side and adding a Lexan window that can be illuminated with red LEDs. I'm attempting to etch the GB logo into the Lexan. Any thoughts out there?
By cckaiser2
Here's the first run at etching into Lexan. I'd like to do it into a thicker piece and may reverse the etching so the logo is etched and not clear. Then I can decide which one looks best in the box.Image
By cckaiser2
@Robandliv: thanks! I haven't found much for prop storage, transport and/or display. If this one goes as planned, I'll look at building a bigger one for the proton pack and wand. I'm open to ideas or suggestions.
By robandliv
I was looking to do this as well. I saw a lot of people take their props and wrap them in a T-shirt or some kind of cloth then place the wrapped prop in the case and spray foam around it. I was going to try this as soon as I found the right case that can hold mostly everything.
By cckaiser2
Thats a great idea! I haven't considered that option. I did find a place that will custom cut black foam for the case I'm using. I did find some larger versions of the case I have that are made of plastic - which might be easier as I consider a bigger case. I saw a post about a couple of old camera cases which is what gave me the idea. Someone had suggested some LEDs to give it some pazazz. I liked the idea. I'll have to try the spray foam once I have it all put together.
By cckaiser2
@fearless-freak: that's also a good idea. I've looked around for decent foam and can only find cheaper soft foam. I might consider cutting it myself and layering it.
By cckaiser2
I decided to order some thicker material for the panel - I got this from McMaster supply:

Here it is with a flashlight shining thru it:

It appears to be a good color red which will go with the enameled white painted metal.
By cckaiser2
Anyone know of a good resource to laser etch the GB logo onto a piece of acrylic? I still may do this myself but it would look nicer if it was done professionally.
By cckaiser2
Here are some updates. Half the box is painted and I added the small plaques. I also drilled the hole for the toggle switch. I am working on a reverse etching and if all goes well - will transfer to the red acrylic:
By cckaiser2
Here are some additional updates.

I finished the etching on the clear piece and cut the hole in the box. I'm waiting on the delivery of the rubber window trim. Image
This is a rough estimate of how the items will go in the box. I'd like half the box to hold the flight suit and elbow pads. We'll see.
By cckaiser2
Here's a pic of the 2 halves side by side with items in them. I also took pics of the depth measurements. The bigger half will lose at least an inch once I mount the plexiglas and lighting.Image
I'm planning to paint the inside of the boxes a bright red in case I don't get any foam inserts
By cckaiser2
I finished the exterior paint on the other half and took the tape off:

Then I installed the window trim to see how it looks:

Here's a glimpse of it with the red acrylic:

And with the clear:

I'll need to decide which one is best - red acrylic with bright white LEDs or clear acrylic with red LEDs. Also here is a pic of the inside of the smaller half:
By cckaiser2
Here's a pic of the red acrylic. I have an led tipped pen taped to the edge. I'm thinking this will work great with the led tape strip attached to the edge:

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]