Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By cckaiser2
I'm thinking of building a bigger version for a mounted proton pack and gun. Does anyone have overall dimensions of a pack with gun on the hook? I don't have a pack yet so will rely on others. Thanks in advance.
By Venkman's Swagger
I would personally wait until you have a pack before you do the storage box for it. There is so much that can determine a builds dimensions that not any 2 packs are the same. What's right for one build may be wrong for another.
By cckaiser2
@Venkman's Swagger: thanks! That makes sense. However, it will take awhile to source a good box to start with. Even some approximate dimensions would give me a starting point for searching. I'm planning to mount the pack in the box for display. I'm considering this type of idea:
I'd end up doing different colors.
By Venkman's Swagger
You're welcome. That's a really cool concept and would love to see it come to fruition.

Rough measurements of my pack show 27" length, 21" width and 20" depth. The width and depth include wiggle room. Hope that helps
By cckaiser2
@fearless-freak: I'm open to all ideas - I really haven't seen much other than packs on walls, or in one case a pack displayed in a rehabbed medical storage cart. I can't visualize what you're thinking of - do you have images?
By cckaiser2
I added the feet and am happy that the box can now stand the right direction for display:
I used a single washer between the foot and the metal to make sure the distance was even.

I ended up using left over quarter round to use for mounting the led strip light inside the box. The led strips are in the mail so I'll wait to mount everything.

I also bought a small piece of 1/4" thick mdf to use as a cover. I need to trim this to fit and paint it black. This will cover the plexiglass and lights inside the box and act as a base for the box foam:

I'm planning on pluck foam so I can semi-customize the storage.
By xtrmn8r17
Wish I had a cool place to store my stuff....

My packs in the garage covered in cobwebs and dust. My traps in the closet covered in dust. My MT-500 is in a box in my closet probably covered in dust. My goggles are in another box in the garage full of dust. My PKE is literally laying on the floor in the garage. I need to get everything together and store it in one place and have it on display. Then again, no one ever comes to my house so whats the point :'(
By cckaiser2
Just received the led lights from a guy on etsy. 5 12" led strips. My kids had fun watching the different colors - white, red, blue, and green. I think I'll use a white strip on the red acrylic.Image
By cckaiser2
I cut the plexiglass and installed it in the box with heavy duty 3M tape. This should allow me to remove it in the future if I want to change this out. Maybe multiple plexiglas plates for different props...I still need to mount a thin piece of mdf on the back of the plexiglas so the case foam can be installed.
By cckaiser2
Ha! That's a great idea. I did consider having sound but couldn't figure out a cost effective way to do it. I was thinking that it would be good to have music playing out of it while it's on display.
Grimmy GB liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]