Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By 19yellow72
So I grew up a Hot Wheels kid. Always loved them. I still have my collection from when I was a kid. Now that I'm (a little?) older I still snatch up a few here and there but my taste is more eclectic. And I don't crash them into things or eachother as often as I did.
I love them. Truly. But why are they so UNDER detailed. The interiors are always so well sculpted but there is no color. They're just molded in a flat black for grey. And the outside of some of these is just a generic bland look.

I've decided to fix that and did the unthinkable. I opened up an Ecto-1 Hot Wheels I own. And then went a step further in the sacrilege, I pulled it apart. I know I know. But stick with me here. I think It turned out ok.

In an attempt to NOT bog this down with too many pics, these three are the "befores."
The roof rack is all black. Lots of detail though. And SURPRISE SURPRISE there are 4 tiny proton packs molded into the interior. With nothing to help them stand out and through that thick blue "glass" Hot Wheels insists on using.

Also missing from the back door of the car is the no ghost symbol. It's on the doors. Would it have been that difficult to add it to the back Hot Wheels? Really?

Because this car has so much Chrome on it, the entire chassis is chrome. So I had to tape out the bumpers and spray it black.

Here is the detailing of the back. Would have been nice to have one of the computer monitors in there to paint the screen green, but I guess that's too much to ask for. I tried to lighten it up some with a bit of white on the floor boards. It makes things a little lighter inside and helps (I think) to let you see whats in there.

The Roof Rack! Here it is almost finished. I think in this pic some things are still drying and still waiting for some final touch ups. but it's MILES better than what it was.

And there is the finished product! I think since these pics I toned down some of the dirt and grime from the dry brushing of black paint. It's especially too much on the back. And I managed to get the no ghost symbol a little crooked. Oh well.

That symbol, I just scanned the one on the Hot Wheels card and adjusted it till it was the right size (eyeballed it) and printed it out on a mailing label. For future ones I should probably get clear labels to print on.

You can also see in the back where I had to add some detail to the fins, more red, chrome for the tail light casings, and red tops for the lenses. The ladder is the only part I'm not happy with. I thought about cutting out the empty space between the rungs, but the reverse side of the ladder is where the clip is to attach to the side of the car. I thought about painting the empty space white, but in my head it looked like it would draw more attention. So I left them along.

But over all I'm very happy with the outcome! I've done this to other cars, but this one took the most time because of all the extra parts that make the Ecto-1 such a great car.

I hope you all enjoy!

No when I turn it off it still keeps firing even t[…]

Awesome! It's a complex but very fun build... Went[…]

Just to throw my experience in there. I've bough[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]