Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By vbvabuster
One of several other projects that have delayed me from finishing my new pack...
I picked up the krups coffee grinder off ebay a few months ago. Luckily for me the seller didn't know that it was used as as Mr. Fusion, so I was able to nab it for $50. I was planning on just cleaning it up and buffing it with plast-x but when I got I discovered that it had some deep scratches and it had yellowed pretty bad.
So I then busted out some filler for the scratches and gave it a good sanding. Painting it was a bit tricky, I was going to prime it then paint it gloss white but after some tests the white was coming out runny and uneven.
I then picked up a can of krylon primer+ white. After taping off the clear plastic and giving it a few coats this was the finished result.
It couldn't have come out any better. After both sections were done I added the decals.
I then put the grinder back it to give it some weight then screwed it back together.
And there you have it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
Silverstreak liked this
By Farb
Nice score! Did you make the decal or get it from somewhere?
By vbvabuster
Farb wrote:Nice score! Did you make the decal or get it from somewhere?
I got the decals off ebay years ago, I was holding on to them in the hopes that I'd find the grinder. Their vinyl and each letter was individually cut so it's not one big sticker sheet. It also uses the accurate logo; most decals you can find have the white logo on a gray circle, when in the film the white logos go on to the clear plastic circles on the grinder. Mr. Fusion now sits on a shelf next to my flux capacitor and time circuits.

By vbvabuster
Now that Mr. Fusion is done I can finish the keypad for the time circuits.

Silverstreak liked this

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]

Hey, anyone else playing this game? I want to find[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]