Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By Dr.D
Well, with my Second Doctor costume finished (which I will upload pictures of soon) I have decided to start making a costume for my other favorite Doctor, Sylvester McCoy. However, I've decided that I want to go the route of McCoy's movie costume.

At this point just looking for some feedback about the items I'm planning on using.

For the waistcoat I was going to start with this

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Covona-Mens-DARK ... xWDQyNQ==/$(KGrHqZ,!n4E8Vq-GZnrBPTgwNUvM!~~60_3.JPG

I am having trouble finding a good match for the tie, but I may just end up using a plain black tie. Looking for info on the tweed trousers he wore as well. Even though he didn't have it in the film, I am also looking for some information on finding his trademark umbrella.
By Kingpin
Hah, Fritz has lightning reflexes. :)

The waistcoat looks like a reasonable alternative, although I wonder if it's that bright and reflective when it isn't subjected to a camera flash.

As for the umbrella, there's two methods, you could either make one yourself (using acrylic, a belt sander or heat gun, an oven and a wooden jig), which is the route I underwent, or you could try purchase an umbrella replica. Outside of a specific production run, replicas show up occasionally with varying build qualities... I believe there's one site in the UK that currently sells replicas, but I can't vouch for the quality.

Hmm, reminds me that I need to update my build logs, I've revamped almost the entire costume since I wrote up that topic.

Additionally, you might want to get in contact with Russrep replicas, as he recently produced a run of McCoy/McGann TV-movie Sonic Screwdrivers, and they're gorgeous pieces. :)
By Dr.D
I'm actually hoping that the waistcoat isn't that bright. As for the umbrella, I might go the build route. You logged your build pretty well and I think I could pull it off. Although as you said, I'm having some trouble finding a plain black umbrella.

As for the hat, I don't think I am familiar with where you said yours came from.
By Kingpin
I got mine from a panama hat maker in Equador, but the brim was far too wide... I've since purchased a new one that's far closer in appearance, which I managed to pick up through eBay, so you might be able to find one via that method.
By Dr.D
Found a great pair of shoes at a flea market this weekend.

Look a bit like these, but the bottoms are brown.

Still looking for a hat. Ordered the vest this week. Just starting to look for a brown Tweed jacket. Having a real hard time trying to find a tie of a similar pattern.

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]