Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.

I got the bug to try a little wood working. This project exposes the shortcomings in my skills (and available tools) but I'm happy with the end result.

The ship is made primarily from pine. All pieces were cut with either a band or jig saw, rough shaped with a belt sander, then finished with a palm sander and fine-grade sand brick. This is meant as a wood sculpture - I'll be staining it but no plans to paint it or otherwise cover the wood grain.

The stand was a major hassle and took almost as long to make as the ship. This was the third version of the stand -the first two looked like a dog's lunch.

The lines on the saucer section are etched in with a razor.

The final version will have a small transparent dome under the saucer.

It is way more difficult to line up the saucer and nacelles than I thought it would be.

There is more detail on the nacelles than shows in the pictures.

The sensor dish on the front is tiny -not easy to craft from wood.

I'm pleased with the detail on the front of the body -lots of time with a dremel and sandpaper.

Thanks for looking.

-KCG
Last edited by KCGhostbuster on May 8th, 2013, 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
By PinkGloom
Love it! I am not surprised to see Star Trek fans on a Ghostbusters site! I love being a geek
I don't have an enterprise finished at the moment, (no space or time), but I do have a defiant class and saber class done up. I'll try to get photos later. Defiant is 100% finished, but my little cousin thought it was a toy so some decals got messed up. Saber class is about 90% finished. Needs some more paint and decal work. In the pipe for star trek models I have a galaxy, Soverign,ambassador, intrepid, and about half of a nebula. Can't wait until ds9 is re-released later this year, although it isn't in the same scale as all my other trek models.
Thanks for the kind comments and request for status updates.

The sculpt project suffered a little bit of a lag, but is certainly not a dead project by any means.

I've been creating molds for each of the pieces as time permitted.

As of yesterday I created my first resin casting with full paint and clear coat.

I need to polish my technique for getting the paint to look like stained wood, but overall am pleased with the results.

-KCG
As a long-time Trek fan, I gotta say, that is amazing :D

Love the details!!
KCGhostbuster liked this

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo f[…]

@GBfan77 No when I turn it off it still keeps firi[…]

Just to throw my experience in there. I've bough[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]