Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By KCGhostbuster
I can't explain why I think this is a good idea (or necessary), but it seemed like it be fun...

Cut pattern

Pieces

Rough Assembly

Painted and Weathered

Circuit Board (original)

...and resin copy

Test fit

Top Greeble

More to come...
Last edited by KCGhostbuster on January 23rd, 2012, 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By KCGhostbuster
I created a silicone mold for the greeble base and poured a couple. Painted and attached.

Next step, vac-form the body to create a light-weight piece with remote-controlled wheels.
By KCGhostbuster
Nothing like standing in the garage and vac-forming pieces in sub-freezing weather...

Overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome. There is more webbing than I'd like -I bought a new vacuum pump and hoped I'd get better air evacuation but I need to make some adjustments/tweaks.

I'm using thicker (and black styrene) and it a royal pain in the butt to cut free from the sheets.

Falling back on the old pink insulation for the spacer (I love this stuff). Painted with black latex paint.

-KCG
A nice easy weekend gave me time to complete the Mouse Droid.

An initial coat of silver.

Gutted an old remote control car and attached it to the base of the mouse droid.

Rechargeable batteries (I've got two) for a nice long run time.

Painted, weathered, detailed and done.

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Hey guys I've been doing some updating and adding […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]