Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
Someone here posted a link for the Lucy Ghostbuster statue as a kit a few months ago. I headed over there, since I'd be repainting her anyway looking to save a few bucks off her, and saw a 1/4 scale Bayonetta figure kit from the popular PS3 game.

Teamhair loved it, so we decided to take the plunge.

The kit arrived perfectly, but painting up all the guns, and working on the smaller accessory bits has been VERY time consuming.

The kit came with a number of cast metal parts.. there were various minor issues with them (They are also quite fragile), and one was missing a portion, so I sculpted it in superculpey, quick baked it with my heat gun, and dremelled it to its final shape. After painting, it looks pretty close to the original part apperance. You can see it in the lower pic, with a pin in there for size reference.

Here are the four guns:

(They are all done in pearl and metallics, so the colors don;t appear to match on camera, but in person the match fine. They are just picking up light differently.)

And an in progress pic of the figure so far:

They actually have some hair cascading down her outfit... its gloss black on top of the metallic charcoal of the suit, and comes down slightly below the breasts. (The black stripes around them are actually supposed to be hair, I think from looking at reference pics.)

I've done quite a bit of work on her since those pics, but haven't taken any more recent photos yet.
Thanks for the compliment, Vince!

If you recall, I was hoping you'd release a head only for custom 1:6 scale figures. ;) I was hoping that might materialize some day so I could have an articulated Vigo to go along with the Ghostbuster 12" figures.

I've been doing garage kits, models, and custom figures for at least 45 years now.

I pretty much recovered from the diabetes crap last year, and don't even have to take meds for it anymore (which makes no sense at all), but it did leave me with ongoing vision issues. I'm using a high magnification pair of glasses for small work, a 2 ft to 3 foot range pair for close stuff, and had to abandon the perscription pair because the limited vision range on them was giving me vertigo.

I mention this only because this was kind of a test to see if I can still do small detail work like this that I used to do. Its somewhat problematic, but is at least still doeable.
Of course I'm still interested! I shot ya a PM, but am not sure what timeframe I'll have getting to it. (Its a busy time of year with Dragocon, and Halloween, right around the corner.)
She took about 60 hours to paint up and assemble, but she's complete now!

No way I could paint anything that tiny. The kit came with waterslide decals for those. They were still a bit of a pain in the rump, because they are prionted straight, but the ribon of course twist and turn all over the place,

After they were glued to the head, I used my heat gun to soften them, and shape them how I wanted. on the original kit, both ribbons are in the back, but I really liked the aditional color contrast they added.

Almost everything on her is painted in either metallics, or pearls. The only exceptions for contrast are the face, cloth breast area, the gloves, and gloss red on those ribbons. Hopefully that translates to them being made of different materials. The hair is just waterbased acrylic enamel, with a few coats of future floor wax on it to make it look shiny.

Snap! I just remembered that while the lips and toung are also pearlescent, I forgot to add a glossy coat of future to them to really make them look wet. Thats just a minor quick addition though.
Thanks much! I really took the extra time to try to do her up properly.. some of the buildups I saw of her were amazing by some of those fantastic japanese crafstman, and I didn't want mine to look like hell in comparison.

I was really concerned about the face paint with brush strokes showing, because my airbrush is old and crappy, and I ended up doing most of the detailing by hand. The major colors were layed in with just rattlecan spray paint.
We've never done Wondercon. I'm not sure my wallet could withstand all the deals there, though. It would be interesting to see her along other fine builds though, to personally see how she stacks up. I see some works from premier master builders, and always think my work is lacking in comparison.
Thanks! She stay proudly on our mantle. The game can be tough, but the style is well worth the ride.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]