Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
Well, Here I find myself, after just losing my job, I suddenly have ample time to finish projects I have long put off, or need to finish what I started.

So I round out this topic with my recently aquired Rocketeer helmet from the lovely Ozymandias from THERPF.

this helmet , being rotocast is also reinforced with a filler to keep it strong and light.

I start off with the helmet as it came to me...............

I hold the fin on with tape simply for the photo, the fin has a metal rod running through it for strength as well, and so I will continue with saying for prep we need to drill, dremel , and file out the eyes, mouth, and vents.

Which brings us to this state....................

Here you can see the rod running through the fin............just under the surface of the resin, but flush, a wonderful cast.

And now we move on to the bondo filler portion, I use Bondo spot putty filler, found in my local automotive section of Walmart.

After we sand down the bondo I primer, so that I can go over any missed spots. As was told by OZZY in the original thread, there is a slight dent in the top left of the head and vent which would need to be filled in a rebuilt, not a huge task and quite easy to do with bondo and some epoxy putty to resculpt the weld lines.

........ Here is where I currently find myself, with a coat of primer and second bondo round, tomorrow I hope to give it a good sanding and touch up any more minor spots, and then resculpt the weld lines on the top section, after which goes a nice coat of gold both on the outside and inside, after which we then start my favorite part...weathering.

Well, that raps it up for part one here, to answer any follow up questions, yes, I will be doing the entire costume, yes.. I will eventually get to the jet pack. If plans go accordingly after the helmet, the control gauntlets are next on this projects to do list.

Questions, comments welcome, and as always insults must be filed in triplicate, double stamped and sent priority mail .

Thanks ; )
Last edited by Mr.Spider on September 8th, 2011, 8:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Okay, update time, the fin is on, just need some small bits of filler to fill some minor gaps and then we do a final wet sand and we start with the gold paint..............

this thing has a wicked profile............

OKAY.................... here we go, got the gold paint on there, and after a couple days to dry and set up .....here we find ourselves, Brand was Rustoleum Brilliant metallic Gold ...........

and after the initial gold paint, we start using Rub n Buff.....in the case Antique Gold Rub n Buff....dulls down the under layer of gold and provides us with a good canvas for the weathering paint job........

So in order to see the difference i took a photo with half the helmet with the Rub n Buff applied so that you can see how much it helps the finish...............

and so after rubbing.....and buffing...and rubbing...and buffing....actually it didnt take that long, you only need one small tube, a little goes a LONG way.... it takes a bit to get used to with proper consistency and all , but once you do... you have a very sexy helmet.............................

Stay tuned for the weathering paint, and lens install in the next update.
Thats looking really nice! Are you going to do the "T" shaped padding inside others have done?
lucky12 wrote:That helmet looks great man. The helmet and pack is next on my to do list. Problem is the kits are so hard to find. Especially the pack.
if you're not opposed to scratch building, i can link you to the build thread that i have of my scratch built rocketeer rocket pack.
OooOOooOOoohhhh....shiny :)

Very nice so far...waiting to see it completely finished.
And so here we find ourselves a month later... I got caught up in a move and other things, luckily I can say I did land a new job, so unemployed I am no longer ! Yay. ok ..................... update time.... so yes.. the lenses still need to be heated, formed and installed, I need to put the mesh grill in the vents, and install the liner.............. BUT. I have finished the paint job.

This was essentially a night of painting,not because it really takes that long, but because this is more of a personal paint job than anything, I used acrylic paints, in Patina, Burnt Umber, and some wash, and the rub in buff ( to create diff multi layers in the paint ) I used various combinations of each paint mixed with each other and in washes to get that mottled look....

after it was painted I gave it a dusting with flat clear, as the screen used helmet was actually quite dull, not shiny at all.

this is one of those things, you put a familiar movie on............. and simply go to town, until you like it.

IF you screw up, just, wipe it as best you can, and apply more Rub N Buff, then after it is dried go at it again

OK , LESS WORDS, MORE PICTURES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LENSES installed !!!!! , all that's left is to have some mesh installed in the vents....and I might think about adding some black fabric to block the visibility of my mouth.... but I'll think about it.

on to picks !!!!!!!!!!!!

And here is the liner, very comfy and snuggly. fits like a glove.

STARING INTO YOUR SOUL !!!

SO hopefully in the near future I can begin work on some kind of pack.. but for now I'm happy with the helmet..................... I still need to finish my Captain America shield first ( http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 43&t=26807 ) some other things lol

Thanks for looking ! Comments and praise welcome lol
dont do fabric unless that's what was used. if you really have to put something there use the same mesh material you use in the scoop vents.

heck if you have any left over acrylic from the lenses you could get away with using that.
    Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]