Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
By Rowan J. Zweig
So, I've been exploring the world of building and programming my own board and light set up, and a few questions just popped into my head that I wanted to throw out to you guys!

1. What's the strangest light system you've hooked up to a board using new or rehashed parts? I've been scouting around for used LED devices to scavenge their bulbs (local radio shack is surprisingly underwhelming with their selection) and wondered if this was really a great idea? Obviously viability of the bulbs themselves is a concern, but thinking about having to involve resisters, power requirements, etc, etc.

2. Has anyone ever hooked up a board to their car battery, or something similar? As I've been redesigning my ecto, I wondered if it was wise to try to power the board through the car itself, or at least find another battery to install, or if there was another way? The light system won't be like the usual roof rack, and I love the idea of programming a light display throughout the inside of the car, and possibly/eventually on the outside.

Discuss!!
By beardybearded1
Arduino runs off of 3 or 5 volts. so if you are going to run it off of your car you would need to find a way of reducing the voltage going into the board. I'd also run a reliable fuse to the system to avoid frying components because of rare but possible amperage spikes. lastly I'd mount a USB port somewhere that is connected to the Arduino so you do not have to remove and reinstall to make upgrades and change programming. you could even consider using a Bluetooth connection via an adruino shield board.

just my input, but I'm new to the Arduino world too.
deejeerie liked this
By deejeerie
Check out the s-type led lighting at auto zone. Its 12 volts so you dont need to step down the componants. It is also bluetooth controlled. The easiest is the dome lights. You can control up to 4 with your bluetooth controller. There are a bunch of options but no chasing mode on the dome lights. I'm not sure about the strip lighting. I haven't used it yet.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]