Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
Here's a quick tutorial on creating the yellow freon tanks for your Ectomobile. The actual tanks are pricey and hard to find, but if you follow these steps, you won't have to look like you have two yellow pipe bombs stuck to your car. We will still be using the common PVC materials to create it.

First thing you will need is a 3" PVC drain pipe, at least two feet long. You can get them at Lowes or whatever store you want.

The rest of the supplies are as follows:

Four PVC cap fittings in 3" size - they're closer to 4", but fit over 3" pipe
two PVC coupling fitting pieces for 3" PVC pipe. They're also closer to 4"
Two replacement air compressor gauges. They're about $8-$10 each, but look really nice.
Two lock-nuts to fit the gauges you choose. Just fit them in the store until you find the one that fits the gauge you chose.

When you construct it, you'll end up only seeing the three coupling pieces for each tank. The 3" PVC pipe will be cut into 1 1/2 inch slices, used to join the three pieces inside. You will need to use primer and PVC cement to secure it, and maybe a screw or two through the hidden side.

Here's how mine looked when I just taped the fittings together. What you don't see inside are the slices of 3" PVC pipe that join them together. I simply drilled a large hole in one of the end caps to put the gauge through and locked it with a nut on the inside.

Here they are painted and partially assembled...

The good thing about the seams is that if you're making them closer to movie accurate, the seams will be hidden behind the bands or straps that hold the tanks in place. Otherwise, you'll need to use some kind of filler to cover the seams and sand it all smooth.

A BIG tip on these is to use appropriate spray paint. The PVC used for the couplings hates paint. It will be tacky for days. If you want to make sure the paint will sit, use dupli-color automotive 'adhesion promoter' spray on the whole thing. It's designed to make automotive paint bond to plastic parts, like bumper guards. Do this before adding a white primer or yellow spray paint.

Any questions, please ask!
SPJ, Kingpin, Tyrael and 2 others liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]