For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
I tried googling this but got no real results except for a Ghostbusters Wiki saying that they crossed the streams in the episode Captain Steel saves the day. I admit I haven't watched that episode in a long while since it's not a favorite of mine. But other than that it was never really talked about on the show. Anyone know why?
Because it would be bad.

It only occurred sparingly because the situation usually wasn't dire enough to call for crossing the streams... fortunately the show didn't end up making a trope out of, turning it into a frequently-used deus ex machina. It didn't need to be talked about if it was a tactic the Ghostbusters didn't plan to use very often - they also didn't need to talk about it because there wasn't much more they could learn from it: it causes a massive explosion.
Yeah I am relieved that it was brought up sparingly. It made the show even better. It was already great that in some of the episodes it wasn't a matter of zap and trap. Sometimes they had to get real creative in how they had to dispatch ghosts. One of my personal favorites is Bustman's Holiday. There were way too many ghosts to capture so they turned garbage trucks into Ghost Traps. How about the time they used a satalite to transfer the ghosts from the Eiffel Tower into their containment unit. Sorry I am geeking out hear back to the topic. ;)

I believe that crossing the streams was brought up twice in The Real Ghostbusters which I think is pretty amazing with 140 episodes. They mention it in The Boogieman Cometh when they get trapped in that giant snake pit thing.

Peter- What happens when we blast this thing with our particle beams?

Ray- No telling. The laws of Physics are different here, it could be even worse than crossing the streams.

Then of course there was the Captain Steel episode.

Now I believe in the Real Ghostbusters Comic from NOW crossing the streams was brought up and even executed a few times during it's run. :):):)
Kingpin, *NormalGamer* liked this
Razorgeist wrote:It was also mentioned on EGB once.

Yup and again in the 40 episodes it was mentioned ONLY once. That I think is a pretty impressive feat. The Extreme team never had the opportunity during the shows run. I know Kyle Prime crossed streams in the comic. ;)

It is still refreshing that the writers of Extreme much like the writers of The Real Ghostbusters never had to result in using crossing the streams as a DuEx Machina.

Hey who knows maybe the Extreme Ghostbusters will have a shot at crossing streams if the Comic continues to sell well. The Extreme Team has already shown up in an alternate reality so at this point I think anything can happen. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
philmorgan81 wrote:
Razorgeist wrote:It was also mentioned on EGB once.

Yup and again in the 40 episodes it was mentioned ONLY once. That I think is a pretty impressive feat. The Extreme team never had the opportunity during the shows run. I know Kyle Prime crossed streams in the comic. ;)

It is still refreshing that the writers of Extreme much like the writers of The Real Ghostbusters never had to result in using crossing the streams as a DuEx Machina.

Hey who knows maybe the Extreme Ghostbusters will have a shot at crossing streams if the Comic continues to sell well. The Extreme Team has already shown up in an alternate reality so at this point I think anything can happen. :):):)
Yeah they also kept away from Gozer which was commendable.
Razorgeist wrote:
philmorgan81 wrote:

Actually Gozer was mentioned in 2 episodes of RGB. The one where the origin of why they kept Slimer is done (can't remember the name) and The Revenge of Murray the Mantis.
Winston1986 wrote:
Razorgeist wrote:
Actually Gozer was mentioned in 2 episodes of RGB. The one where the origin of why they kept Slimer is done (can't remember the name) and The Revenge of Murray the Mantis.

LOL Your Right! Gozer actually was mentioned in more than 2 episodes. The 2 you mentioned Citizen Ghost and Revenge of Murray The Mantis. Gozer was also mentioned in Janine Melnitz Ghostbuster, Captain Steel Saves the Day, Collect Call From Cathulu, and The Haunting of Heck House. I could be missing an episode or two, but Gozer has been referenced a few times. I think what he meant is that it was commendable that Gozer never made an actual appearance in the show. They never had to resort to having to have Gozer appear as fan service. I don't really count Stay Pufts appearance as Gozer. In the cartoon Stay Puft appeared to be an entity completely separate from Gozer. :):):)
Winston1986 wrote:
Razorgeist wrote:
I was referring to EGB.
Even though the EGB's never crossed the streams, they came close in "Mole People." They somehow managed to blast a bolt of lightening before it struck the Power Demons with the streams merging into a single stream. Not technically crossing but pretty close.

Not sure if this has been discussed but how can the streams be crossed? If they are all the same polarity, in this case positive, then wouldn't they repel one another? In GB: TVG, Egon even mentions a safety protocol designed to prevent total protonic reversal save for a minor explosive discharge.
JA Slow wrote:Even though the EGB's never crossed the streams, they came close in "Mole People." They somehow managed to blast a bolt of lightening before it struck the Power Demons with the streams merging into a single stream. Not technically crossing but pretty close.

Not sure if this has been discussed but how can the streams be crossed? If they are all the same polarity, in this case positive, then wouldn't they repel one another? In GB: TVG, Egon even mentions a safety protocol designed to prevent total protonic reversal save for a minor explosive discharge.
The streams are crossed by a polarity inversion system separator or PISS. The polarity inversion system separator, aka PISS, allows the stream to be crossed when brought within close proximity to the Polarity Energizing Negative Ion System of the proton pack. The Polarity Energizing Negative Ion System or, um, why haven't they come up with an acronym for that yet? Anyways, it's essential to the proton pack stream control and strength.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]