For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
...what would it be?

Obviously we're never going to get a proper on screen Ghostbusters 3 (though the video game was damn close).

Which episode would you have loved to seen expanded and made in to a movie?
Its funny I was thinking about this the other day. Its a shame RGB didnt get an animated movielike Transformers and GI Joe lord knows it deserved it.

My money is on "The Bogieman cometh" great premise and great villian. Hell if the movie was produced late enough you could have done "The Boogieman is back". You could also have done an adaption of the "Father-Thing" trilogy from the NOW comics as that was a great story as well.
deadderek, Sister liked this
I think The Bogieman cometh. or When Halloween Was Forever would probably work really well as films. I also really like Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream.
Razorgeist wrote:Its funny I was thinking about this the other day. Its a shame RGB didnt get an animated movielike Transformers and GI Joe lord knows it deserved it.
Yeah, I really surprised RGB didn't get a movie. Iit seemed like the natural progression of successful cartoons in that era. I'd like to know if there was ever and plans or talks about making RGB movie at the time.
Pretty much the episodes with the Boogieman, Sandman, and maybe the Grundel.
Wafflerobot wrote:I think The Bogieman cometh. or When Halloween Was Forever would probably work really well as films. I also really like Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream.
Razorgeist wrote:Its funny I was thinking about this the other day. Its a shame RGB didnt get an animated movielike Transformers and GI Joe lord knows it deserved it.
Yeah, I really surprised RGB didn't get a movie. Iit seemed like the natural progression of successful cartoons in that era. I'd like to know if there was ever and plans or talks about making RGB movie at the time.
I would say not. While I enjoy Transformers the movie it was quite obvious that it was a giant commercial for the next line of product from Hasbro. RGB wasn't run by the toy company and probably couldn't have gotten the funding for an animated movie. Also columbia was more concerned with getting Ghostbusters 2 done and probably didnt want an RGB movie to interfere with it.
Alex Newborn liked this
I'll second "Ragnarok and Roll", "Collect Call of Cthulhu", and "The Father Thing Trilogy", but one that comes to mind that hasn't been mentioned yet:

"Apocalypse...What, Now?" I always thought that dealing with the frickin' Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse was another idea kind of underserved by a 22 minute episode.
A sequel to Knock Knock could have made a great RGB movie too. Think about it the doomsday door was left down there perhaps another nihilist like Jeremy could find it.
Fritz wrote:I'll second "Ragnarok and Roll"
The whole episode has a cinematic feel. Some of the other ones are great RGB episodes but lack that cinematic touch. The first Samhain episode falls into that category. And the Boogieman.

Ragnarok - the dialogue, the music, the part at the end when the GB music hits...the whole thing taken together is pure perfection for me. Head and shoulders above any other episode IMO.
I'd go with Ghost Busted. That one has to be my favorite episode. Just think how funny it was when the ghostbusters have to get jobs to keep their business going. And they discovered they can catch criminals with their ghost catching gear. At the end they got a call for a ghost and the guys were smiling big from ear to ear. I want to watch that episode again. but it's not uploaded in youtube.
Robobuster would have made a great movie too. Lord knows it was epic and personal enough. The thought of what they could have gotten away with in a theatrical release back in the 80's has me salivating.
deadderek liked this
Pretty much anything from the first two seasons would be fine with me. I think my very favorite one is the episode where they go on that crazy gameshow. Devil to Pay, I think? It makes it out like they are in genuine danger. I can't think of the name of that episode but I'd say that one, When Halloween Was Forever, and the Citizen Kane parody episodes are my favorites. I'm a huge Citizen Kane fan so it was awesome to see them pay homage to it. I also really love The Ghost Fight at the O.K. Corral episode as well.
Last edited by StarSpengledBanner82 on August 27th, 2016, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharky58 wrote:I'd go with Ghost Busted. That one has to be my favorite episode. Just think how funny it was when the ghostbusters have to get jobs to keep their business going. And they discovered they can catch criminals with their ghost catching gear. At the end they got a call for a ghost and the guys were smiling big from ear to ear. I want to watch that episode again. but it's not uploaded in youtube.
There's a website called toonova where you can literally watch any cartoon you ever dreamed of. They have every episode of The Real Ghostbusters on there. I have the Firehouse dvd complete set and it's epic but since you don't have that toonova is the next best thing.
Knock Knock.

In my opinion, there's no more perfect episode.

It's dark, but funny. It's cartoony, but also terrifying. It's clever, weird, and yet has a very simple setup. Slimer is downplayed, but the relationship between him, Venkman, and the rest is perfectly summed up in 2 short scenes that kind of give us a character arc.
The scale is epic, the visuals are amazing, and not a single line of dialogue is wasted. It's bizarrely Lovecraftian in many ways, but still has fun with the story.

Turning this into a feature film wouldn't even take that much work. There's enough great, epic imagery and ideas that expanding on it would be simple. There could even be sub plots about rescuing damned subway workers or something.

If I had the time, I'd write it myself. Of course, if I was a paid screenwriter, I'd write it myself, too. With JMS's permission, natch.
Alex Newborn liked this
Call me a philistine but I also think "The Haunting of Heck House" would have made a great movie too. Properly animated and fleshed out the GBs vs the mount everest of haunted houses would have made a good movie.
deadderek, Ecto716 liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]