For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
I'd guess less so for those who grew up watching it, but I was born in '89, so the show was still on in syndication when I was old enough to have memories of that time, but I never was able to catch many episodes. My cousin gave me all his old RGB toys, including the firehouse (missing a lot of pieces), but without the memories of many episodes, I was always convinced cartoon Ray was Peter, and cartoon Peter was Ray. I guess with the haircut and stature, Ray always looked slightly more like Bill Murray to me, and that left Peter to be the only one who could be Ray in mind.

I never realized I was wrong until watching EGB sometime in I think '98, when Back in the Saddle came on, and I was extremely confused. Eventually I just realized I'd been wrong for several years. This ever happen to anyone else?
TheDreamMaster wrote:I was always convinced cartoon Ray was Peter, and cartoon Peter was Ray. I guess with the haircut and stature, Ray always looked slightly more like Bill Murray to me, and that left Peter to be the only one who could be Ray in mind.
Same here! Back in days, I thought that Peter was "fatter" than Ray in the movie, so when the cartoon came on, I misplaced them... Plus I was moving from Quebec (french Canadian) to Connecticut , so I had no idea of what they were saying in English
No. But that's because I had watched the movies as well as the cartoons so I knew who they were. Peter was always the sarcastic one and wasn't as knowledgeable about science as Ray and Egon. Egon would be using complex scientific terms to explain something and then Ray would translate to Peter what he was saying.
I never confused them, but I remember wondering why they'd switched their physical appearances for the cartoon, like mostly with the hair as the OP said.
I don't think I did but I can totally relate.

My first experience of Ghostbusters was the cartoon and toys, the movie was a pretty abstract concept to my tiny mind pieced together from the clips I'd seen. Dana's hand coming out of the stone terror dog and everything being covered in Marshmallow was the image that sticks with me the most as the first experience of the movie (don't think I saw the whole movie until around 1989 and even then I was only 5) It took me a while to figure out that they were the same characters and as someone who was obsessed with RGB Egon to the point of wearing fake glasses made from pipe cleaners and insisting my hair was curled at the front like his I remember the moment my mum pointed out "that's Egon" my mind was blown!
JurorNo.2 liked this
Lee FW wrote: It took me a while to figure out that they were the same characters and as someone who was obsessed with RGB Egon to the point of wearing fake glasses made from pipe cleaners and insisting my hair was curled at the front like his I remember the moment my mum pointed out "that's Egon" my mind was blown!
I'm right there with you, I was really intrigued seeing GBII in theaters, at 6 years old, and realizing that that was "real life Egon." Lol. I had the same moment of recognition watching Police Academy, realizing I had watched the cartoon years back. I love that about the 80s, how the edgy and innocent were combined in such bizarre ways, lol. It was a subversive outlet for kids in a way. I felt more sophisticated watching the movies and seeing my favorite cartoons in adult form. It's like I was graduating to the next level. :cool:
I did for the first scene of the first episode I saw (slimer, come home)! It was the hairlines that threw me!
I only saw the Ghostbusters movies after becoming familiar with the RGB cartoon and playing the GB2 game for Amiga. Up to that point, whenever I imagined the main characters, I imagined the cartoon version.
The Amiga GB2 game has a screen in the third level where you can select and equip the active character, where photographs of their movie versions are shown. When I saw that Peter was chubbier and had less hair than Ray, I merely thought "Heh. Those silly developers switched Peter and Ray around."
When GB2 came on TV, I watched it because I was familiar with the game, and when it became clear that Peter was actually chubbier than Ray in the movie, I was like "WHAAAT????"
I wouldn't say I confused the two, however the first time I saw RGB I remember being unsure as to who was who. My memory may be faulting me, though.

What I do remember is that it was on Teletoon Retro, and I was amazed that there was more Ghostbusters that I didn't know about. I had always thought that Ghostbusters was just the movies, and was excited to see the cartoon, but I guess I never fully got into it. We've had cable on and off for a long time, so we may have gotten rid of it within a month or two anyway.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]