For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
Johnny Splitz here!
There's potentially a commercial bumper I'm missing from the 1990 season of SRGB. It's one of the 20 second mid-point bumpers with scenes from episodes and the Frank Welker voice-over. There's a particular hour block that I never had on tape or remember seeing on TV. The hour block was:
"Ghosts R Us"/"Afterlife in the Fast Lane" airing on 1990/10/20
I'm curious if they used a recycled bumper from elsewhere or if "Afterlife in the Fast Lane" itself had it's own bumper. If you have this on a tape somewhere or have any information please post below! For examples of these if you're unclear please visit my channel below in the signature.
Happy 'busting!
Hi, Johnny. Sorry, I don't have any RGB episodes from the original ABC run.

I do have a question I'd like to ask you, though: Do you have the ABC broadcast of "When Halloween Was Forever"? The April 25, 1987 rerun is on the trading circuit, and it has the Aresenio/Upside Down bumper, which is missing on the DVD version of this episode.

https://www.facebook.com/10000266372809 ... permPage=1
I have the full 1st season in high quality on tape. The Canadian version of the Cartoon Network, Teletoon, aired the 1st and at least a 1/3 of the syndicated episodes. Mine have all the bumpers and proper end credits. They even have the no background music bumper from "Ghosts R Us" with Hall's voice over.
With regards to the 1990 season, do you still have "Mean Green Teen Machine"/"Spacebusters" from the original broadcast?

The current version on DVD is a mess. The pitch on the former has been badly lowered, resulting in very deep voices (I think it was due to the fact that the master used had been converted to NTSC from PAL), and I swear 20 seconds are missing from the latter, compared to the original broadcast (23:00 instead of 23:20)

If you still have the original broadcast of this hour-long pairing, please check and report back.
I didn't see anything different to my knowledge. For the sound, to me it sounds pretty much the same. I have a good stereo version of it and didn't notice to my ear anything drastically off. The running time was a little difficult to judge. Between the 2 versions I don't notice anything sped up or missing. There's no deleted scenes or missing dialogue or that sort oft hing. My guess would be, if you add up the length of fade outs in comparison to what was aired on ABC that can easily add up to an extra 20 seconds or so. If each took an extra few seconds to get to the commercial bumper that can add up really quick. I went to Spook Central to double check the title card for the master tape. It is a foreign master but is already on NTSC format tape. Even if it was duplicated, it went from same tape format to the same again. Anyone have any insight?
So Johnny, exactly which "We Now Return To" bumpers were used on the first season ABC episodes during the original run? I know the following:

"Ghosts R Us" (Arsenio Upside Down/No Music; Missing on DVD)
"Mrs. Roger's Neighborhood" (Arsenio Upside Down/Music)
"Troll Bridge" (Arsenio Upside Down/Music)
"When Halloween Was Forever" (Arsenio Upside Down/Music; Missing on DVD)
"Look Homeward, Ray" (Arsenio Upside Down/Music)
"Xmas Marks the Spot" (Arsenio Upside Down/Music)

I have no idea if the Arsenio Sawing bumper was on the original airings of this season, or if it was a plaster job.
Sorry for the confusion, it's not one of the classic bumpers. If you go to devilmanozzy's blog:
http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/User ... _are_Wrong
If you go under Season #5 there's a block that aired 1990-10-20 of:
"Ghosts R Us"/"Afterlife in the Fastlane"
I was wondering if there's a original commercial bumper with clips from "Afterlife in the Fastlane" that would have aired at the midpoint. Like the one's I've been posting on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy1XLUvWJq8
If anyone has that on an old VHS somewhere if they could check and let me know that would be awesome!

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]