For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By fmvra1s
I've been seeing "Real Ghostbusters" DVDs at my local Wal-Mart periodically, and I remember there was a limited DVD release of the first season of "Men in Black" back when the third movie in that series came out.

Given that "Extreme" has a lot in common with the new movie as a more "diverse" re-imagining of sorts, do you think we'll see it again on home video in the U.S.?
By Kingpin
It depends on if Sony's got an interest in releasing a full run on DVD. It'd be nice if they would finally do it, as even the UK release was only a partial one, but it depends on if Sony thinks there's enough interest... and if they'd think it'd be worth it financially to pursue.
Aside from VHS copies of EGB (which I don't own unfortunately), honestly, I have no Idea; that would depend on Sony themselves if they're 'willing' to like Kingpin said.

I can only watch EGB on youtube for so long.
By mrmichaelt
Yeah, "Darkness at Noon" Part 1 up to "Be Careful What You Wish For" was released on that DVD back in June 2009 I think. In Australia, the DVD was called Season One Volume One but UK it was called Complete First Season. Tomato...To...

The episodes look beautiful. Leagues better than the various versions online. Made me hungry to see a full set released. Always hoping someone like Time Life or Sony's MOD label if it's still around.
deadderek liked this
By fmvra1s
mrmichaelt wrote:
The episodes look beautiful. Leagues better than the various versions online. Made me hungry to see a full set released. Always hoping someone like Time Life or Sony's MOD label if it's still around.
I felt the same way about the "Men in Black" series that was also done by Adelaide. At least their "Godzilla" got a full release last year.
I really hope that Extreme Ghostbusters does finally get a DVD release at last. Loads of other cartoons that only ran one season have gotten DVD releases including so why not? Some people have speculated that with the remake film coming out later this year, that Sony might finally give this series a proper release on DVD which I hope that they do.
By GuyX
What's really annoying is that Sony hasn't made it available anywhere. iTunes? No. Netflix? No. PlayStation store? No. I want to give them my money so badly and the only way to watch the show is illegally. They won't even allow users to put it on YouTube anymore. If you're going to block people from watching it at the least make it available to purchase somewhere! How many crappy cartoons get released and yet this show can't even get a digital download? Come on Sony! I beg you! Let me pay you. Take my money, please! Just release this show from the containment unit please! Apparently on March 1st Hulu is going to start streaming episodes. Unfortunately Hulu is only available to USA residents so as a Canadian I and every other non American GB fan get the shaft.

I want this show in proper quality so badly it hurts. Please Sony.

Please!
troy_225 wrote:Any word on extreme ghostbusters dvd? I'm really wanting these. Paying hulu $8 a month now to view them
At least you have the option. Here in Canada we don't get access to Hulu so I can't even pay to watch the show. So many cartoons get DVD releases, what the hell is taking so long with this show!?! So frustrating
JohnnyPhantom wrote:I doubt we'll get a phyiscal release, I wish we would, but everything seems to be going digital. On the plus side, the show is now on crackle to watch for free :)

My mistake, I only see 13 episodes on Crackle, and from what I can tell, not even the first 13. just 13
By deadderek
VERY frustrating that we haven't seen Extreme Ghostbusters released in the US at all.
mrmichaelt liked this
I really hope that Extreme Ghostbusters comes to DVD soon. Part of me wishes that I had kept my VHS tapes so I could at least watch the few episodes that were released on video. It stuns me that like many other cartoons that only got one season aired, this show has not seen a proper release yet. Still I am hopeful that it will see a release in the near future.
By Jeb
I only have the 1st 19 eps of EGB on DVD here in Aust, But i have been able to stream 38eps on kisscartoon.com
the last ep being "Back in the Saddle".
Pretty decent quality as well.
By Egonzo
Hopefully the numbers of HULU watches prompt them to release a full run to DVD. I've watched through it twice myself.I was able to record them back when they were on Toon Disney so with low quality AND with the stupid logos popping up ever three minutes it isn't ideal. But at least they are all there. Hopefully your on to something with the 20th anniversary next year.

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]