For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
pferreira1983 wrote:
Razorgeist wrote:
Well I am from Philly but no thats not the reason.
Do you get the joke? It's from the episode that's why I said it. :mrgreen:
Ahh I missed that.
Great episode! Its funny I dont think Ive seen an animated movie from the time that has visuals as good as this lone episode. I mean seriously the supernatural baseball field is a work of art.

You know its funny Linkara just did a video where he defended GB2 and in the grand scheme of things I think he made great points but when you look at clever episodes like this its a wonder GB2's story wasn't as well done.
Vahan, Xandrew Bull liked this
Hey all -- this isn't exactly part of the Real Ghostbusters series, but it's sort of relevant. Some people have asked me what my thoughts on the new movie are, and I haven't really talked about it on YouTube. For awhile, I was going to make a comparison between it and the Dukes of Hazzard reboot, citing what each one did right or wrong, but I wound up writing about LEGO Dimensions for Engadget. I figured that might drive some people to engage me on Twitter about the movie, so I made a companion video, which covers my thoughts on the film to some extent, as well as my thoughts in the article, lightly.

That's here:

But you should also totally read the post on Engadget: https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/04/leg ... stbusters/

It's a bit more thought out, compared to the unscripted YouTube video.
It wasn't bad enough to deserve all the hate, but it also wasn't good enough to justify the hard defense it got. It's a solid Paul Blart.

It's absolutely not the worst film i've ever seen, or even the worst stupid comedy, but I do think it failed to capture what I like about Ghostbusters in the first place. I don't think the creative team behind it really understood what it was about the original film that made it popular or a success. On the other hand, some people in the community like it plenty fine.

For me, though, I saw one person describe it by saying something like: "Good comedy is absurd people in realistic situations or realistic people in absurd situations. Ghostbusters is neither, putting absurd characters in absurd situations, and it just doesn't work." And I can totally see that.
That's cool! My opinion isn't the end-all be all, but I felt like it was an episode with a good premise and a bad execution. Not a lot happened in it. I tend to dislike the more silly episodes. I can appreciate good jokes and puns, but the more slapstick episodes just don't appeal to me. At the very least, it's a hard episode to make a youtube video about. There's just not a ton of plot to comment on.
seaniccus wrote:
This one is a half-skip episode. It wasn't very good, but it almost does something interesting with Peter's expertise. Almost. Overall it's pretty bland as episodes go, with weird animation and writing that seems to be stalling for time, more often than not.
I remember reading somewhere that Time Life's version of this episode has some video problems. Can you confirm this?
pferreira1983 wrote:
seaniccus wrote:
This one is a half-skip episode. It wasn't very good, but it almost does something interesting with Peter's expertise. Almost. Overall it's pretty bland as episodes go, with weird animation and writing that seems to be stalling for time, more often than not.
I remember reading somewhere that Time Life's version of this episode has some video problems. Can you confirm this?
I think it had some overscan issues for a few frames? It's been awhile since i watched it but at least a few showed some vhs garbage
I almost forgot to upload this one today, but it's been ready for about a week!

Ain't NASA-SARILY so

This one starts off strong, but rapidly becomes kind of a dull episode. I wound up shifting to a skip-review instead of a full review as the Star Trek jokes reached peak awfulness!

This is also the last of the batch I recorded in one go, so I'll have to start filming again soon! Which means you'll get to see me with slightly longer hair!
It could have gone in a ton of great directions, but I feel like it kind of missed the mark here.

On a related note, apparently Fieg's original pitch (from the leaked Sony emails that I shouldn't have read but did anyway because i'm a bad person sometimes) apparently involved ghost aliens.

No Joke:
in what I think could be a billion dollar idea - recruits the ghosts of evil beings from other parts of the universe - yes, ghost aliens! “Our world isn’t the only place in the universe with bad and dangerous beings that have died, you know. There’s a lot of bored dead monsters out there who are just looking for something to do.”
- https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/64076

I'm sort of glad it didn't go that way -- there's plenty to explore without dragging Ghost aliens into it, at least for a single movies, but more to the point, I don't like that this focuses on "dead aliens," because Ghosts have been shown to be so much more than (but also including) "bad people that died." There are other supernatural beings, gods and demigods, goblins, legends, demons, etc. I'd hate for someone to just run with "ghosts" in the traditional sense, because the Ghostbusters are so much more interesting than that.
Last edited by seaniccus on December 2nd, 2016, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]