For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
Considering kenner made a lot of figure lines in the eighties and nineties in similar scale and design I always wondered if the
Neighborhood Nasties line from Beetaljuice were figures planned for a second wave of Haunted Humans.

Does anyone know if my suspicions are correct?
I've never heard of Kenner planning a second wave of Haunted Humans, but I do know Kenner considered reusing some of the Ghostbusters items for Beetlejuice. One item in particular was the RGB Ecto1 vehicle which was to be reused as a Haunted Hearse addition. A friend of mine recently turned up a load of Beetlejuice concept artwork (that has never been seen before) that was dated around the time the line began. None of those items were ever put into production and many had similarities to the Ghostbusters line. Interesting topic!

~Josh

Unused BJ Concept Artwork:

JBlake wrote:I've never heard of Kenner planning a second wave of Haunted Humans, but I do know Kenner considered reusing some of the Ghostbusters items for Beetlejuice. One item in particular was the RGB Ecto1 vehicle which was to be reused as a Haunted Hearse addition. A friend of mine recently turned up a load of Beetlejuice concept artwork (that has never been seen before) that was dated around the time the line began. None of those items were ever put into production and many had similarities to the Ghostbusters line. Interesting topic!

~Josh

Those are awesome. I wish someone could make those. I'd buy them.

Are there any more pictures? PM me as they might be off topic.
Interesting find, it would not surprise me if Kenner planed these action figures to be part of the Fright Features line and then were carried over to BeetleJuice. Kenner was known to recycle parts from one toy line and put them into another. The light laser accesory from Screaming Heroes Peter Venkman, for instance was reused in part for a blaster rifle for Chewbacca in Kenner's Star Wars: Power of The Force 2 line in the 1990's.
Wow, very interesting observation, who knows, I think you might just be onto something because these Beetle juice figures do look a lot like The Haunted Humans Figures and I feel as though they would even be compatible on display together.
JBlake wrote: March 14th, 2012, 7:05 pm I've never heard of Kenner planning a second wave of Haunted Humans, but I do know Kenner considered reusing some of the Ghostbusters items for Beetlejuice. One item in particular was the RGB Ecto1 vehicle which was to be reused as a Haunted Hearse addition. A friend of mine recently turned up a load of Beetlejuice concept artwork (that has never been seen before) that was dated around the time the line began. None of those items were ever put into production and many had similarities to the Ghostbusters line. Interesting topic!

~Josh

Sorry to dig up an old post but that artwork is awesome! Is there any more info about them or further pics out there, Josh/anyone? Would love to see more.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]