I was looking at my Ecto-Glow Kenner figures and I started thinking about how I had always wanted a Janine to go with the guys. Once I started playing around with the new casting materials I bought in the fall, I realized that it could be done!
I started by acquiring an extra "power pack hero" Janine figure which was meant to be the compliment standard body Janine to the classic ghostbuster molds that were reused for multiple series. I also had just acquired a new "ecto-glow" winston pack as the gun was broken on mine.
I dismantled the "power pack hero" Janine and made molds and casts of her body, arms, and legs in "Glow-in-the dark" resin. I also used an extra Kenner first series gun and made a mold and cast of that as well to replace the broken one from my "Ecto-glow" Winston.
I tried to use as much logic as possible when choosing the ghost. If you look at the "Ecto-Glow" line you will see 2 ghosts from the first series, 2 ghosts from the "Super Fright Features" line, and only 1 ghost from the first "Fright Features" line. That is why I knew I had to choose one ghost from the first "Fright Features" line and the "twosome ghost seemed the most fun but also the most easily cast-able for me to do. You'll also notice that I gave the ghost pink eyes. This is because once again if you look at the ghost in the "Ecto-Glow" line you'll see 2 with green eyes, 2 with blue, and only 1 with pink.
Now that I had my ghost I went about making a special unique proton stream for him that would wrap around him just like the other "Ecto-glow" figures. I used a wire hanger to make the stream and the handle from my broken "Ecto-Glow" Winston pack. Made the mold and casted it.
The mask was made by taking an imprint of the Janine face in clay. Then once hardened, I used apoxie sculpt and used the hardened clay like a mold to make a flat-ish cast. Then I hollowed it out with a dremel. Molded and casted and there you have it. The mask took multiple tries to get it just right and even still it's not as snug as the originals but it works and looks just fine in my opinion.
Now for the letters on her leg I bought clear printable sticker paper and printed off her name ( actually ran it through the printer several times to get a good thick layer of ink) and cut he letter out and super glued them onto her uniform. Found the GB logo and printed that off super small and glue it onto her arm for the patch. I choose to put her name on her leg because I went with the fact that 3 of the "ecto-glow" figures had their names on their chest and only 2 had it on their leg. Also this was the area with the most room because she has a larger name and a smaller body.
As for her colors; again if you look at the already established patterns, no "Ecto-Glow" ghotbuster is wearing the color of their ghost's eyes. So pink was out of the question. Also each GB has only 2 colors on their uniform. Then I looked at which colors were already used the most. This eliminated blue which was used 3 times. We were left with red which was used twice, green which was used twice, and orange which was used once. So it was a tie between orange and green or orange and red. And orange and red seemed too redundant. So that how I landed on orange and green. I spent some time thinking about the patterns. And really couldn't find any kind of pattern to their patterns. I really could have done and pattern I wanted and it would have matched more or less with what everybody else s uniform was doing. I tried to incorporate designs that flowed from one part to next like the others had and mainly tried to keep the same amount of color as the other had as well.
Yes she does indeed "Glow-in-the-dark"!!
And the group shot!
So when it was all said and done I used an original "Power Pack Hero" Janine head and original "Ecto-Glow" backpack and pink string. Everything else is casted and custom.
Questions and comments are welcome!