By AZspidey
I see on here different receipes for the rothco suits for the dark gray, but never for the Tru-Spec suits. A lot of people I suppose are affraid because the Tru-Spec suit is 65% poly and 35% cotton. Well I managed to pull it off, here are some pictures of how it came out.

And in different lighting.

Here is how I did it:

I color stripped a black suit with two boxes of color remover for 1 1/2 hours in the small load in the washer (hot water).

Then in a small load again (about 11 gallons in my washer) I mixed one powdered package of black and one package of royal blue and a cup of salt. (hot water)

I wet down the suit and put it in the wash for about 5-7 minutes.

Then I took it out, rinsed the extra color out in the bath tub, and that is the color I ended up with.

The next day I did wash it in cold water with no soap, and the color didnt change.

The color in the pictures are accurate to the color in real life.

Good luck everyone!!!
Etigo liked this
By thor2015
Nice work! That's about the color gray that I got with the Rothco suit but of course the quality of the Rothco is often frowned upon by others. At least we know it can also be done with the Tru-Spec suits. Once again, great job and nice write up!
By loly2kn2
Krenzy wrote:Quick question: did it dye the interior of your washing machine? I want to do the same wiht my GB1 color, but I don't want to ruin my washer...or next load of laundry.
Some dyes I've seen are for front load washing machines only. So if you ave a toploader you should always check if its ok to use as well.

Lawrence
By Zack
I don't know about other dyes, but yeah you're right, the package of RIT dye gives instructions on how to run a load of hot water and bleach after to avoid staining. I don't even think the plastic parts or anything was tinted as long as you do it right after.

On topic, the color looks great! I finally got a Lifegard as well. I had no idea how loud that damn thing was lol :o
By Crix
Zack wrote:On topic, the color looks great! I finally got a Lifegard as well. I had no idea how loud that damn thing was lol :o
Yeah, kind of painful, eh? :mrgreen:
hey @AZspidey thanks for your method with the black tru-spec suit i followed the instructions you did and my suit came out great well i hope it did cause it seems charcoal grey to me but thanks cause i really didnt want to get a navy and do that long method but thanks for that
Wow, I think I'm gonna try this!!! :-D

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]