By karbonbasedlife
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Hey folks. With the warm reception my pack concept has enjoyed, I thought I'd go ahead and share my uniform concept that's meant to accompany the pack.

When I got to work on the pack, I thought at the same time, "If the tech has evolved over 35 years, then certainly the uniform would have evolved a bit as well.", so I set out to find the GB uniform that looks like it would be right at home in a franchise headquarters in 2018.
I considered a 2-piece approach, pants and jacket, but there's still something to be said about the practicality of the jumpsuit, so I stuck with that. I wanted to shake up the appearance, get away from military surplus and pick up something that looked more by-design. I focused on utility in order to make a uniform that was able to handle anything or hold anything, and I wanted dark colors because they would be less likely to show the results of a rough day 'busting and would be less likely to stain in the event of direct ectoplasmic exposure.
I looked at racing pit-crew uniforms, but they were prohibitively expensive. While searching through other lightweight coveralls and utility clothing, I stumbled onto THIS and knew I had found my uniform. Found these gloves to complement the two-tone color of the uniform.
To match the franchise concept and the 'work-issued' uniform look, the GB patch is sewn directly on but the nametape and unit patch are attached via sewn-on velcro mounts and velcro-backed patches, 4.5in and 4in, respectively; the idea being that, like a military uniform, your service patch is standard but everything else is variable.
Finally got the patches put on ahead of Raleigh SuperCon, looking forward to sporting this suit in public. Let me know what you think!

With gloves, pads, belt, boots, sans patches
With patches and belt
ImageImage
Back
"Guys, we're gonna need a bigger trap..."
GB patch, nametape, unit patch
necrosapien87 liked this
By BRD 527
That looks pretty cool I really like two tone look reminds me of some of the uniforms you unlock while ranking up in GB-TVG online :)

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]