By krueger
Hi everybody!
I was just about to order some corcoran Jump boots, but am a bit confused with the sizes and was hoping someone can help me.

I live in sweden and therefore I'm using EU sizes. I normally wear 45 EU, which in some charts translate to around 11-15 US.
Every seller I've asked has answered me differently to which size to order, varying from 11 to 18 (?!).

If I lay a ruler on the floor my feets are 28cm which is about 11inches.

In my Converse shoes the US size is 11, and EU 45.
So in that case I would go with 11.

Which size do you guys think I should order?
Perhaps anyone have the same size of feets as me? :-)
Spydeys liked this
By Christof
Whoop, forgot to write a post here yesterday like I'd meant to, sorry bout that! Fake edit, let's just ignore how badly I need to sweep the floors in my workspace.
So I'm not quite your shoe size, at a US 10, but I do regularly wear Converse low-tops, and own a nice snug pair of 995's, so I'll see if I can offer some helpful anecdotal evidence.

First off a comparison of the labels in the shoes in question, the Converse: Image
And the Corcoran: Image
As you can see, the Corcoran label only gives me US size and, I assume, centimeter sizes. With the US 10 being a 17 cm, I'm not certain that a single size up is going to give you a full 10 cm more length?
More anecdotally, I can confirm, the Converse fit much longer than the Corcoran. They have about the same exterior size, but I would say the boots have much less internal space. That said, it doesn't show too well in most pictures but the 995's actually have a super wide toe space (They were originally designed for paratroopers, makes sense I suppose.), so you should actually have a little bit of wiggle room for width of foot and comfort. As for how the size comparison runs?

I would say, the Converse definitely fits a bit looser, not a surprise being a low-cut shoe:
But not considerably so, I would feel comfortable matching sizes according to the US size of your Converse, myself, but like so many things on the internet your mileage may vary.
darthbuster liked this
By krueger
Christof wrote:Whoop, forgot to write a post here yesterday like I'd meant to, sorry bout that! Fake edit, let's just ignore how badly I need to sweep the floors in my workspace.
So I'm not quite your shoe size, at a US 10, but I do regularly wear Converse low-tops, and own a nice snug pair of 995's, so I'll see if I can offer some helpful anecdotal evidence.

First off a comparison of the labels in the shoes in question, the Converse: Image
And the Corcoran: Image
As you can see, the Corcoran label only gives me US size and, I assume, centimeter sizes. With the US 10 being a 17 cm, I'm not certain that a single size up is going to give you a full 10 cm more length?
More anecdotally, I can confirm, the Converse fit much longer than the Corcoran. They have about the same exterior size, but I would say the boots have much less internal space. That said, it doesn't show too well in most pictures but the 995's actually have a super wide toe space (They were originally designed for paratroopers, makes sense I suppose.), so you should actually have a little bit of wiggle room for width of foot and comfort. As for how the size comparison runs?

I would say, the Converse definitely fits a bit looser, not a surprise being a low-cut shoe:
But not considerably so, I would feel comfortable matching sizes according to the US size of your Converse, myself, but like so many things on the internet your mileage may vary.
Thanks for a great reply, and comparison! :-)

So the conclusion of your comparison would be: both the converse and the Corcoran are size 10 and they both fit you good?
Or would you rather have gone up a half size or so on the boots?
You wrote that they were a bit snug...

My Converse is size 11 and perhaps size 11 or 11.5 would be good then...? :-)
By Christof
Exactly, sir, I would say it's a pretty close measure to use your Converse size for reference. I'm happy with my size, a half-size either way would probably be just a little too snug or too large. I was trying to get across that the Corcoran's ARE a little bit tighter of a fit, but not enough to cause any discomfort, I would more compare it to being like a tailored fit compared to how much stretch the canvas body will give on a pair of Converse.
darthbuster liked this
Be sure to research methods for breaking your jump boots in. I used mink oil to treat my pair. I would rub the mink oil in, then roll and flex the leather around in the area of the boot (seam for the heel cap) that was digging into my feet. I would then treat the leather again and leave it over night. It took two more sessions like this to break them in so they don't rub blisters on my feet.

I have a pair of the vietnam era style style black combat boots with leather toe and heel caps and that pair I was able to get in a size 12 wide and wear with no problems, but I had to get my rocky paratrooper boots in a size 13 regular if that helps you any on sizing.
By Spydeys
hey, did you in the end get the corcoran's? i have exactly the same size and cm as you, wondering what to order, and also they have a wide and normal option,
By The Joker Buster
Hello all, new guy here, so I have been given a challenge, to complete, by the South Dakota Ghostbusters team, to become a joker Ghostbuster. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of how to get a custom no ghost logo. Only thing is, it needs to be the Batman logo with the no logo over it. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]