By doctorevil30564
I've had the components for my uniform for a while now, but I hadn't started working on it until today. With the crappy rainy weather we have had lately, I can't do any painting. since I'm still waiting on clippard valves and a resin ion arm riser tower from the gbfans shop, I decided to work on my uniform today.

My wonderful wife assisted me with ironing my name patch and no-ghost patch. She is going to also sew the patches for me.

I also dyed my white gun belt grey. The attached picture shows the belt still wet after I removed it from the bucket I used to mix the RIT dye and two cups of salt into boiling water. I stirred the dye water and checked the belt every 15 minutes until the belt was the shade of grey that I was wanting it to be

Last edited by doctorevil30564 on February 19th, 2018, 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Kingpin
I'd suggest adjusting the belt to a wider setting if it isn't fully extended, and if it is fully extended, possibly purchasing a larger one that'll allow you to wear it a little higher than it is currently (it looks a little awkward and snug in its current position).
By doctorevil30564
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Kingpin wrote:I'd suggest adjusting the belt to a wider setting if it isn't fully extended, and if it is fully extended, possibly purchasing a larger one that'll allow you to wear it a little higher than it is currently (it looks a little awkward and snug in its current position).
It's fully extended. I'm considering just buying one of the khaki colored rothco gun belts that look more like the ones used for the dark grey GB2 style uniforms.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252381844103

EDIT: cancelled the order for the dye, just ordered a large size for a khaki colored belt for the ebay auction link I provided. Kingpin is right, the belt was a bit on the tight side. I had used the OD green version of the belt that I linked a couple of years ago for a fallout 4 sole survivor costume I did for Dragon Con and that belt is super comfortable. I had considered just reusing it but figured OD green wouldn't look good on a khaki flight suit.
By doctorevil30564
Ok I got the khaki gun belt in. It seems to fit much better. I did a full dress out test fit to see how everything looks. When I ordered the khaki belt I also got more of the key-bak belt fobs and accessories to put on my belt. The only things remaining to do on my uniform are to sew the edges of my patches, and to sew on my hose connector.ImageImageImage

Also need to wash the flight suit and use fabric softener in the wash to help get the wrinkles out.
By doctorevil30564
I finished up the 2.0 version of my ecto goggles today. Version 1.0 had issues with the paint not sticking, and the lenses were hazy looking due to me using super glue to attach the 3d printed goggle pieces. This version I used epoxy to attach the flip up part of the goggles, the 3d printed pieces to the goggles and the double coin battery holder and the blue LED.ImageImageImageImageImage
I've got a pack being built for me by Karnivorous creations. It's supposed to be ready to ship this June.

Here's a photo of my completed uniform with me wearing a modified spirit Halloween Proton Pack I've been using until I get my full sized pack.
Toddbobbentley wrote:Nice Job on the goggles too! Any plans for a GB2 suit? Or a pack?
ImageImageImageImageImage
By doctorevil30564
As promised here is a video of me wearing my Karnivorous Creations proton pack.

https://youtu.be/ZxsJzJRGkKw

I had Mike build it for me using a Heavy Props sound and light kit and I'm still working to debug the issues I am having with it. Right now I have the fire button wired wrong as it should be the black press button on the wand instead of the top toggle switch on the right. I haven't had time to sit down to work on it further but since I have an event coming up at the end of October with my group I'll have to find the time.

Mike ships his wands separate from the pack so I had to wire up the connections myself, so it's my own fault it's not wired correctly.

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]