By KMH84
First, let me apologize for not being as GB fluent as all of you. Second, thank you in advance for your help!!! My husband and two little boys are the GB experts in our home and I’m trying to surprise them for Christmas. I want to make my kids authentic GB costumes. I’ve got the patches but I can’t find a flight suit ANYWHERE!!!! Rothco is sold out of khaki and won’t have more until the spring. I found someone on Etsy who dyes flightsuits in England but their suit doesn’t have similar pockets and shipping is a fortune. Can anyone either point me in the direction of another flight suit or help me understand the dying process? Is it a huge pain in the ass? Would it be possible to dye the Rothco Olive suit? Thank you thank you thank you for any help you can offer :)!!!
I'm disappointed nobody's replied at all. I'm brand new to the site, too, and in the same boat but I'll try to help if I can. I just finished upgrading a Spirit pack for my son. I got him a Rothco kids medium - what size are your kids?

_Mike
By KMH84
Hi Mike,

My husband is obsessively upgrading our Spirit packs as we speak. They are going on eBay for over $1,000! I wish we had purchased more of them. Anywho, I ended up buying the suits on Etsy from a super nice guy in England. The suits have different pockets but they still look awesome. I bought the Rothco Mediums but they were way too big for my kids. Rothco smalls are on back order until the spring :(
Rothco (finally) makes khaki flightsuits in kid sizes (after only having black and green fooooooooooooorever) Katarra on ebay sells kid sized patches and custom nametags just type in "kids Ghostbusters patches" and you should be able to find them. you can find pistol belts cheap in tan or get white ones and dye them. they should adjust enough for kids to wear.
Glad to hear Rothco makes a childs suit in Khaki now!! For my son's 3rd birthday, I got him a Kenner proton pack from ebay, purchased child sized patches from Katarra, and got him a suit from flyboys.com. Unfortunately, they suits are all olive drab. I took the suit to a local shop and had "GHOSTBUSTERS YOUTH AUXILLIARY" screen printed on the back. On his birthday, my friend and I gave him his suit and equipment while in our uniforms. It was cool. He has since outgrown the OD suit, so I will look into the Rothco suits now.

KMH84, good luck on your suits! That is a great way to make the kiddos (and husband, not gonna lie) happy on Christmas!

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]