By Kingpin
ghostfan1919 wrote:Hi anyone selling the nypd uniform they used in the movie?
can pay alot
As far as I'm aware nobody connected with the community has the NYPD uniforms from either 1980s Ghostbusters films, you'd have better luck trying to source the bits through ebay and other marketplace websites.
By ghostfan1919
So no one here has? dident you have?
what other sites than ebay/ other marketplace websites do you mean?
i live in europe so not sure where to look, thats why i am wondering if anyone has and can sell. I can pay quite alot for one or help getting one.
By Kingpin
ghostfan1919 wrote:So no one here has? dident you have?
I had a costume I sourced and assembled myself from various bits from eBay, not a single element came from the movie production.
By ghostfan1919
asking former nypd officers that worked in 70/80s if they still have a uniform to sell is that a way?
By Ecto46
Look up any website that sells public saftey clothing. Light blue shirt with navy blue slacks and a five pointed cap will get ya most of the way there....
Kingpin, nastynoah liked this
By Kingpin
ghostfan1919 wrote:asking former nypd officers that worked in 70/80s if they still have a uniform to sell is that a way?
It's a way, but personally I wouldn't recommend it - if you were a former cop, would you want people pestering you asking to buy old uniform pieces?

Plus there's the fact they may not wear a hat or shirt size that's the same as you.

eBay is still one of the better bets as the sellers usually list the hat sizes in the auction descriptions. You may have less luck with locating 1970s/1980s uniform shirts due to the greater hygiene issues that arise from them compared to the hats. It may be best to look up uniform shirts that are tailored in a similar style, and add the patches yourself.
By ghostfan1919
I am willing to pay Alot for one uniform, can now one her sell a complete uniform or tell me name of someone that has a complete uniform i can contact?
I am sick with something, and really want to have one uniform.
I dont live in the usa.
By Kingpin
ghostfan1919 wrote:I am willing to pay Alot for one uniform, can now one her sell a complete uniform or tell me name of someone that has a complete uniform i can contact?
I honestly don't know if we've had many/any former NYPD officers who'd have the 1970s/1980s uniform you're after.

And if we did, personally speaking I would not put their name forward. I honestly think your best bet is to source the pieces individually, including pieces that are replicas, because you won't find many ex-officers who'd be willing to sell their badges.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]