By armysgt1
I came across a possible solution to dying Nomex suits. My local Michael's craft store carries RIT Synthetic Dye. I followed the directions as close as I could but I was unable to maintain a high enough temperature due to not having a big enough pan for the stove top. It says on the bottle it needs to be between 180-212 I believe. I kept transferring boiled water into a plastic storage bin and was only able to maintain 150-160 degrees. I kept stirring and checking every ten minutes or so over the course of about two hours. The results were not what I expected. The suit actually took the dye somewhat but where all of the seams are took the dye little too well. It's not the result that I was looking for but it does look kind of unique. It looks like it's a suit that has been through some heavy Ghostbusting. I will post pics when I get a chance tomorrow. I just wanted to let you guys know of my find. Thanks for reading!
By bworld
Hey armysgt1, do you have any thoughts between the color of the tan nomex and tan truspec cotton/poly suits? are they similar enough that the nomex still needs the greyish dye and have you considered a light bleaching misting spray for either suit to 'grey' it up or the RIT color remover? I just got a nomex suit and I'm not sure how I feel about the coloring. I think the suit itself lends the colors to appear more tan indoors and more grey outdoors/on camera just due to how it behaves in different lighting conditions, but I'm having a hard time deciding if this is correct.
Thanks man!

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]