EDIT---
I went with a Grainger flight suit off eBay. Pseudodonn7 on the original Cockpit USA post bought one and their new stock looks really yellowed.

---------

So Cockpit USA just got back to me on what size they recommended for my measurements. But their website pictures look rather yellowed and I'm wondering if they look that way in person?

{ https://www.cockpitusa.com/flight-suit }

I have a box of RIT pearl grey I bought for my original plan of a Rothco for now, but where the Cockpit USA is cotton I'm worried it would shrink if I even did it as a dye wash. I saw some posts on how they shrunk badly with the "Ghostbusters II" dying, but that's an extensive process. I only found one post that commented on the more golden rod colour I'm seeing in the website pictures.

This is my first ever uniform and I want something I can get awhile out of even if I don't upgrade in the future.

Thank-you, you lot, again!
Last edited by Noremon on September 27th, 2017, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Noremon

I ended-up buying these ones described as "USMC Flight Suit COVERALLS Flyers Tan military MARINES" on eBay. I used the size Cockpit USA gave me from the measurements I sent in.
By Noremon
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

The images have the tag as "Grainger" brand. There was another one I planned to buy that was listed as "Arimid" material so I messaged the Seller to see what brand. I hadn't heard anything back so I searched my size as "__ tan flight suit" with sort by price lowest and this other one has been newly listed. It was half what I expected to pay so I bought it. It looks close in pockets & colour.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/152704033554
By DarkSpectre
The actual uniforms color were khaki/tan. They appear greyish because of the film stock and lighting. If the cockpit suit is the color pictured then you should be fine without dyeing since it's very close to the nomex color. Dyeing a suit isn't easy and can add additional wear and tear on the suit since you're subjecting it to harsh circumstances to change its color and yes shrinkage and damage to the zippers is also common.
Noremon liked this
By Noremon
https://www.grainger.com/product/produc ... all-13M656

I found a picture of it on their website. Holy crap; I paid $38.00USD plus shipping for the one on eBay. But, yeah, I think it will do really nicely! It's listed on the Grainger website as made from Nomex. The eBay listing called it "coyote tan".
Last edited by Noremon on September 27th, 2017, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Noremon
Pseudodonn7 wrote:What about the zippers? Are they brass? Painted?
No idea yet! The pictures aren't quality enough to see and neither the eBay or Grainger website lists them. I'll contact Grainger to see. Hopefully will get a response!
By Noremon
Noremon wrote:
Pseudodonn7 wrote:What about the zippers? Are they brass? Painted?
No idea yet! The pictures aren't quality enough to see and neither the eBay or Grainger website lists them. I'll contact Grainger to see. Hopefully will get a response!
I ended-up calling. The representative only could tell me that the zippers were metal. So that's all I know!
Pseudodonn7 liked this
It fits really well except for the legs are really long (I'm not surprised; I'm only 161cm tall). The chest pockets are high, and I suspected a name patch wouldn't fit as well because of the smaller space between the pocket & front zipper.

I stuck a Spengler one I had on to see. In September I ordered a custom one from the GBFans' Shop that's a character shorter, so that hopefully will fit better wgen it arrives.

I can take more pictures of the pockets & such if anyone wants. But for under $40.00USD on eBay it's really good!
Thanks for the pics! I saw another post where someone sanded down the black zippers to show the brass and another person painted them a brass color over top of the black, do you know what course of action you're going to take? I have the same decision to make and I think I may end up sanding them. . The ebay nomex suits are where it's at if you can find your sizing!! 30-70 bucks new and used depending on your preference <3
Noremon liked this
bworld wrote:Thanks for the pics! I saw another post where someone sanded down the black zippers to show the brass and another person painted them a brass color over top of the black, do you know what course of action you're going to take? I have the same decision to make and I think I may end up sanding them. . The ebay nomex suits are where it's at if you can find your sizing!! 30-70 bucks new and used depending on your preference <3
I'll probably leave them black, it's not a big deal for me personally! But I'm also wearing kneepads with it so I guess I'm going more franchise type.

I'm kinda limited because I'm in Canada with what surplus Sellers will ship to me and then the ones that won't charge more than the initial suit!
bworld liked this
    Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]