Here are some comparisons of the ANOVOS patches vs the Gbfans patch. the GBFan patch is sewn to my jumpsuit.

You can see the size difference and one is shinier. I'm not sure how I feel about it. The ANOVOS is also stiffer and feels a bit cheeper. I agree that they are probably more screen accurate, based on the stuff they showed on their Facebook. But I am just torn on it.

MonaLS liked this
Hey djsparky, was coming here for the same reason to post that I too received my Anovos patches. I have both the GBFans shop and the Katarra8 "No Ghost" patches, and in comparing now all three, I think I still prefer the Katarra8 patch. Some plusses and minuses!

Anovos Plus:
Materials and Stitching - The materials are great, especially the stitch patterns. Accurate stitch pattern was the primary reason I purchased this patch. The base of the patch is a nice solid white felt so there is none of that strange texture that I don't love with both the GBFans & Katarra8 patches (it's most apparent on the GBFans patch).

Anovos Minus:
Size - The patch is quite a bit smaller than both the GBFans & Katarra8 patches, I'll be posting a direct photographic comparison of all three. Seems like when sewn onto my flight suit that it will look "weird".. I know.. Scientific assessment.

Stiffness - This is a super stiff patch. One of the aspects that I really like about the Katarra8 patches is that they aren't backed with the same (what Im guessing to be) iron-on backing.

Design - I know they were going for accuracy, and in one instance of an archive photo it's quite accurate (checking the GBFans wiki), in others not so much.. I realize it's intended to look hand made and not to be analyzed closeup. I guess I prefer the more accurate to the Michael Gross graphic design look.

All said, I think the Katarra8 patch still looks/feels the best to me. The Anovos offering has some clear, clear aesthetic advantages (stitching/materials), but also some big disadvantages (stiffness and size).
So I put an anovos patch in a shirt pocket of a flannel I wear a lot in winter and buttoned it shut and have been wearing and washing it regularly. It has really broken in the patch but I was curious if you switched from the gbfans to the new one on your uniform or not? I want to switch but I don't know if it's worth the effort to do it.

I am trying to be accurate I even have the vintage Flightsuit brand khaki jumpsuit (which the color is so much more grey than the Nomex ones). But I'm still 50/50 on this change.

What did you end up doing?
I've just seen this thread and I'm going to join the land of the confused...I had tried to nab one of these here:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=43242

Unfortunately I missed out on the last run and he needs a minium of 20 people on board to get the price down. Overall I'd say the patches on that thread are superior - albeit a bit more expensive. But I'm desparate as I've been looking for 3 years for an accurate patch lol, and I'm fed up with having no patch on my flightsuit. So for the time being I'm going with the Anovos patch.

Size-wise, I think this is pretty close, as the screen-used patch measurement appears to be 3.5" across in length (the Anovos site quotes theirs as 4" x 3 5/8"). Another thing that the Anovos patch has in it's favour is the felt material used for the ghost - which brings it very close to the originals.
If you can afford it get two. I put one in a flannel shirt pocket I wore a lot in the winter and washed it and dryer it while keeping the patch hidden in it and it made it much more flexible and broken in. I think wearing a flight suit 5 times a year will not have the same effect to break it in.

HAve the second one available in case you hate how it turns out.
Hi djsparky, great advice and I've done just that. Should receive them next week, looking forward to seeing how this turns out...
Another handy tip - thanks, I might try this. I have received the patches and they are very stiff, and it would take many washes to soften it up. I really like the look of them though, when postioned on the flightsuit this patch looks great. Will get it stitched on over the weekend :)
Finally got it stitched on. I'm very pleased with the results and removing the backing made it very flexible and much easier to work with. Good call [emoji4][emoji106]

ccv66, Kingpin liked this
Looking good! I think it's miles better than the other one, it's definitely more accurate and I also think the size is correct, I've been scrutinizing reference photos a lot and it looks right to me
djsparky wrote: July 16th, 2017, 11:26 am We just need to find a GB2 version too.
You're in luck. I just whipped this up within a quarter hour.
https://imgur.com/a/cP0vCH4
    Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]