So, here's an update to that "uniform project" I mentioned earlier...

PssdffJay, barison82 liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

PssdffJay wrote:That is ridiculously cute! Where did you get the suit from?
It's not an auction, so I should be ok posting this... http://www.ebay.com/itm/201101516118
In honor of the 30th Anniversary Screening of the Ghostbusters movie possibly doing better in theaters than the new Sin City movie...

real nice phil! i wish i had access to a photoshop program, and the experience to edit photos like this!

hey can u fill me in on ur pack? i noticed in a thread i read today you are gathering parts for ur first pack build. did you have some one commission the pack your wearing?
Yes, it was a commission, something I worked on with a friend before I discovered GBFans... and it was far from screen accurate, it's a polyurethane plastic body on a wooden motherboard... but at least it has an authentic LC-2 ALICE Frame... I did some work on it recently, changing the tubes to Nycoil, added SMC elbows and brass elbows, added brass banjos, added real resistors to the ion arm, changed out the labels to metal labels, etc... So it looks far better than what it did at the beginning of the year... Just wish I knew of GBFans before this, because I probably would have a finished hero pack by now... This one will suffice in the meantime for events...
Great photo Phil! You didn't even need to say Frank Miller and that was exactly what I thought when I saw it. Is the background image of H and L 8 something you shot while in NY?
Thanks!

Some new stuff to add today! In addition to a new "Fuschia"-colored uniform for my eldest daughter, we went to Wizard World Richmond to go see Ernie Hudson!

...and took a chance of a photo op with Guardians of the Galaxy stars Dave Batista and Michael Rooker, who we all know to be a HUGE Ghostbusters fan as well...

And of course, a group photo with Alex41, his son Vinny, Hijacker, a fellow 'Buster whom we met today (with an impressive scratch built pack) Brandy, Christine (my wife) and my two little girls (Alexa and Raven, whom are both very tired at this point)...

Oh yeah, love lighting everything up, adds so much to the detail! I can't wait to get my hero pack built with all the lights, sounds and ecig vent!

Some Day 2 photos!

Another group photo! Alex41's wife joined us all suited up! Unfortunately, my wife and kids were beat from yesterday, so they stayed home... Also joining us, exo95er on the far left, and one of the original members of the GBVA, Patrick (forgot to ask him his GBFans handle)...

Took the opportunity to wear my GB2 uniform out for the first time! Got lots of compliments, including a couple from Ernie Hudson himself! More good times with great people!

And, of course, an official Photo Op with Ernie Hudson!

Thanks!!!

Got to add one more, one of my favorite shots of this weekend, and a better look at my eldest daughter's fuchsia-colored flightsuit...

Big sister teaching little sister how to properly use a positron collider... ;)

This photo also makes me want to add lights and sirens to their stroller... LOL!

Yep, was a black XS children's Rothco flightsuit... pretty much the same process as the GB2 uniform, just a different color of RIT dye...

So, tip for 'Busters with children, get a black Rothco flightsuit, bleach the hell out of it, and you can dye it whatever color you want! ;)
halliwax liked this
Phil,

The junior members of the Northern VA GBs wear the black flight suits. Why, because we are too lazy to strip colors and dye them. I love the fuschia color. Kind of like something Janine would wear.
goldenhawk wrote:Phil,

The junior members of the Northern VA GBs wear the black flight suits. Why, because we are too lazy to strip colors and dye them. I love the fuschia color. Kind of like something Janine would wear.
Trust me, I've been tempted with my laziness! LOL! Looking forward to seeing more young ones at Air and Scare next month, and of course, meeting everybody at the Northern side of VA!
Amazing photos! It's wonderful to see parents & children enjoying the same things and your daughters are the cutest! My youngest & I are suiting up this Halloween as Ghostbusters too. Due to a serious time constraint, his jumpsuit will be the Rubies version I had to order online. He will however have his own mini-proton pack & trap to cart around!
pyhasanon wrote:Oh yeah, love lighting everything up, adds so much to the detail! I can't wait to get my hero pack built with all the lights, sounds and ecig vent!

Some Day 2 photos!

Another group photo! Alex41's wife joined us all suited up! Unfortunately, my wife and kids were beat from yesterday, so they stayed home... Also joining us, exo95er on the far left, and one of the original members of the GBVA, Patrick (forgot to ask him his GBFans handle)...

Took the opportunity to wear my GB2 uniform out for the first time! Got lots of compliments, including a couple from Ernie Hudson himself! More good times with great people!

And, of course, an official Photo Op with Ernie Hudson!

Ernie Freakin' Hudson!!! Great job on your GB2 suit, too! It looks amazing!
Hey Phil! Thanks for posting that link on where you got your kid sized filghtsuits. I ordered a rubies version of the GB costume for my 4 year old and it was a complete disaster. My wife texted me a picture of him in it - it was waaaay too big, the quality of the material was awful, and he looked very unhappy in it. It broke my heart to see how disappointed he looked. Needless to say, it's being returned and I've placed an order online for the rothco suit. Seeing your little ones have also inspired me to step it up a bit on my son's uniform, so I also ordered kid sized name tags and no ghost logos from Katarra8.
You really saved my bacon on this one - and we haven't even met! Thanks again for being so awesome on this site! Here's to you!
Finally made it to Krispy Kreme today! Enjoyed some tasty sweets with the wife, my little ones, and Hijacker, who brought along his son as well! Good times! Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera, so for once, I'm settling with pics from my phone...

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]