By jackdoud
madmantrez wrote:On the stunt/replacement boards, is it now known what the extra and different tubes were made/came from?
It's likely that the nixies broke so only those were replaced, the rest of the boards seem to still be there including the error box. Why they chose to do 11 instead of 8 no one knows, maybe it was just the size of acrylic tube they had laying around: http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9609/0000016300021.jpg:whatever:
By JoeLuna33
Ok so I got a package in the mail today from my calculator guy. He sent me an original 808d a/c plug. Sadly it is not the correct gizmo to daugher board coiled wire.
By joeluna33 at 2011-09-21

He also sent me another great piece for my prop collection. 100 bonus nerd points to the first person who identifies the prop part.
By joeluna33 at 2011-09-21
By MandoMan
JoeLuna33 wrote: He also sent me another great piece for my prop collection. 100 bonus nerd points to the first person who identifies the prop part.
I assume you have a nice little Graflex you're going to be adding that bubble strip to? :cool:
By JoeLuna33
jackdoud wrote:Only if it's the correct variant of non-overlapping bubbles. The incorrect version just looks wierd..
In my best Yoda voice "Oh it is.....it is"
MandoMan wrote: I assume you have a nice little Graflex you're going to be adding that bubble strip to? :cool:
Why yes I do!
By JoeLuna33
Demon Vice Commander wrote:Still, you should definitely open up the power supply box for the 808-D. They might have used part of it for the daughter board. It's certainly worth a look...
I hadn't though about that. I will open it up tonight.

I wish we had some better reference shots of the GB1 daughter board....
By FeinDTacticS
Vincenzo330 wrote:If it's any consolation, it's taken the better part of 2 years to find these.
well worth every second of searching... those things are f****** amazingly minty fresh and beautiful
By madmantrez
Looking at the Ray's gizmo in the elevator picture posted on the ghostbusters facebook page, does it look it like the daughterboard is held on the belt by a tan leather sleeve?

Looking at another picture from the Ghostbuster facebook page, the one where they're all standing in front of the ecto, Winston's belt gizmo coil is seperated from the gizmo board. I can't see anyway it should be connected onto it, do you think it could have just been glued on?
Vincenzo330 wrote:If you want to see any more components just ask. I'm gonna re-shop that underside picture to make a new gizmo template as soon as I get a chance.
Would you mind taking some closeup shots of your 808D nixie board from the top & sides?

I myself have an 808D with digital readout that I'm looking at converting to nixie tube-style as well and I'm curious to see in better detail how the metal board that holds the nixies is attached to the circuit board. I've seen some muddy photos where it appears to both be a formed metal frame that's bolted on and also pics where it seems to just be a flat metal plate that's floating free & held in place solely by the nixies & their wires.

Thanks!
By JoeLuna33
alternatecoppa wrote:
Vincenzo330 wrote:If you want to see any more components just ask. I'm gonna re-shop that underside picture to make a new gizmo template as soon as I get a chance.
Would you mind taking some closeup shots of your 808D nixie board from the top & sides?

I myself have an 808D with digital readout that I'm looking at converting to nixie tube-style as well and I'm curious to see in better detail how the metal board that holds the nixies is attached to the circuit board. I've seen some muddy photos where it appears to both be a formed metal frame that's bolted on and also pics where it seems to just be a flat metal plate that's floating free & held in place solely by the nixies & their wires.

Thanks!
The shelf on the tube display version of the 808D is mounted the same way as the digital display version. On my digital display 808D I used the existing shelf and added a top piece with holes for the tips of the tubes to poke through like the original tube display 808D's had. Also you need to remove all of the resistors north of the orange capacitors and south of the display shelf mounting holes. I will try to take some good pictures of what I am talking about and post them up.
Sorry for the necro-post, but has anyone opened up an icc-0081? It has a daughter board in the upper right corner and I wonder if the backside of it has the correct gizmo daughter board configuration?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By JoeLuna33
It was brought to my attention that I never posted a picture of the inside of the A/C power adaptor for the 808D. It is not the source of the daughter board that is for sure.

Here ya go:
Breathing new life into this dormant thread!

I have just purchased an ICC-802D on eBay, got it for a great price. Would anyone be able to tell me what the approx value of these are??

Also, what are the main differences? No error box, anything else?

THANKS.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]