By Rune31
This is how I want my GB II belt to look. I have a the black belt from the website and the Lifegard, just need the gizmo and the rings/key chains assortment. Got any reserves Austin?
By Austin
I've had a bunch of the hardware purchased to do key fob runs for several months, just a couple of pieces I'm still trying to track down in bulk at a decent price. It will happen, though.
OMG cant wait
By Rune31
Did you make your belt gizmo yourself? I've been trying to find someone who makes GB II style gizmos with no avail. That and a trap holster are the only things holding me back from having a completed black belt.
By madmantrez
I have the seat belt material and the 3 inch webbing for the main belt, but I'm a bit lost on how it's actually fabricated. Are there pictures of the belt construction process available? Or instructions on how to create it?

Thanks,

David
Have you checked the Pistol Belt page on the website?

There are some pretty good shots of Ernie Hudson's GB2 belt:

http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/uniform/pistol-belt/

The 2.0" seatbelt webbing is sewn in the middle on each side of the 3.0" webbing. One side has the side-release buckle sewn down, while the other side has the adjustable portion.
By madmantrez
Not recently, so thanks for the heads up.

The hard time I was having was in trying to figure out the placement of the seatbelt material. I wanted to be as spot on as I could be.

Let me know if you think this sounds about right.

On the side with the buckle sewn down, I want about a quarter of inch/half inch gap between the 3" webbing and the plastic buckle. It starts being secured about an inch from the plastic buckle and continues to be sewn for another inch past that.

On the adjustable side, is it secured a further 2 inches in (compared to the sewn down side)? And I want to allow room for an inch and half of the seatbelt material to extend past the webbing when intially sizing it, just for appearances (allowing enough slack for growth)?

For sizing, I want to take the 3" webbing, wrap it around my waist, then cut about four inches from that?

Is this about right, or do have better recommendations?

Thanks for the help!
That sounds about right. Bear in mind that all of the belts were slightly different in their construction, so there's no set way of doing it.

Here's a shot of the front of the belt that I made (minus the grommets):

The adjustable strap on my belt is sewn 3.75" onto the 3.0" webbing, extending about five inches past the 3.0" webbing to the male buckle (of course, this is on my tiny 30" waist). Overall, the adjustable strap is 20" long (the rest just gets folded under the belt and secured by the Lifegard).

Cutting about four inches off of the 3.0" webbing sounds right; it just depends on your waist size and how much of the thinner seat belt webbing you want showing. For example, Harold Ramis' belt (as seen on the Rolling Stone cover) didn't have much showing, whereas Dan Aykroyd's did. Personally, I like the two-tone texture and size difference of having the smaller seatbelt webbing.

Remember to use a lighter to melt the ends of both the nylon and the seatbelt webbing as to prevent the edges from fraying.

Hope that helps!
Spooky wrote:Nice progresswhy is your lifegard gray?
Austin wrote:I wanted one like on the GB2 Rolling Stone cover.
You do realize that the cover for the Rolling Stone photo was altered? They did some wierd photo editing there to kill the yellow that would be competing with the cover story line up. All those photos were taken at the same time the other GBII photos were taken.
The Roach On Twelve wrote:That means he can't want a gray one like the cover?
Go right ahead. It's just that, that photo was altered for the cover but it does make the outfit look a little monotone. The yellow Lifegard makes the outfit "pop" a little.
Austin wrote:Prototype belt is finished:

V-Hooks should be here tomorrow. I just have to sew those and the white key rings and then these sets are DONE.
Would you consider doing on of these on commision? if even just the actual belt without the fobs
By LeBloop
Austin wrote:Now we're in business...

Hopefully more pics to follow this evening.

Can someone help me to find this kind of webbing? Thanks!

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]