By GBMelnutz
Finally, after 8 days someone gave me an answer.
I might get the 36 Long's because of how baggy they look sticking out of the boots.
By IPv6Freely
DestinationZack wrote:Which is the most popular one among flight suit owners?
popular what? brand?

Unless you go custom gibson & barnes, you want a nomex. There's really no reason to get anything else, as nomex suits can be had for cheap on ebay.
By Higgs1
IPv6Freely wrote:
DestinationZack wrote:Which is the most popular one among flight suit owners?
popular what? brand?

Unless you go custom gibson & barnes, you want a nomex. There's really no reason to get anything else, as nomex suits can be had for cheap on ebay.
hard to find in the right size sometimes lol been looking for a week with no luck :-/ only 1 posted and I lost the auction
By B-Rad
Well I got the replacement for size for my tru spec today and thats to big, went from xl to 2xl. The chest is right but the arms and legs are way baggy on me. Almost like I'm wearing a huge blanket. I'll probably just send this one back for a refund, and he'd to my local army surplus store since I was lead to believe they have them there and can maybe try a XL long to see if that works for me. Most what the problem was with the xl is the chest needs to be a tad bit bigger and also not hug my crotch as much, wasn't bad but when I do some arm movement thats when I can feel it =/
By IPv6Freely
B-Rad wrote:Well I got the replacement for size for my tru spec today and thats to big, went from xl to 2xl. The chest is right but the arms and legs are way baggy on me. Almost like I'm wearing a huge blanket. I'll probably just send this one back for a refund, and he'd to my local army surplus store since I was lead to believe they have them there and can maybe try a XL long to see if that works for me. Most what the problem was with the xl is the chest needs to be a tad bit bigger and also not hug my crotch as much, wasn't bad but when I do some arm movement thats when I can feel it =/
Just get a proper fitting nomex, problem solved ;)
By B-Rad
IPv6Freely wrote: Just get a proper fitting nomex, problem solved ;)
Is there a way I can tell what size to get?

Sizing for me if it needs to be known:

I weight in at about 165lb (right now)
5' 11" tall
Wear between a size 36 - 38 waist
Wear an XL Shirt (I tend to get tall sizes if I can find them, but it just depends on the shirt)
By IPv6Freely
B-Rad wrote:
IPv6Freely wrote: Just get a proper fitting nomex, problem solved ;)
Is there a way I can tell what size to get?

Sizing for me if it needs to be known:

I weight in at about 165lb (right now)
5' 11" tall
Wear between a size 36 - 38 waist
Wear an XL Shirt (I tend to get tall sizes if I can find them, but it just depends on the shirt)
See: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 15#p171315
By nicopelli
I got a nomex size 44r thinking it would fit but when I tried it on it was tight like spandex. I got that size based on my acu uniform jacket that I wear.I wear a large medium for my acu jacket and it fits okay but a little tight around on my gut. Right now I have xl tru spec and It's a bit baggie on me but that's okay. When I put my elbow pads on the does not make my sleeves small like a large does. I would like to get a nomex suite, any advice on what size to get? I'm thinking that a 52 is the largest size it might be the same as a tru spec xl. If I'm wrong on that idea please let me know before I buy another suite that is the wrong size.
I'm 5'10 with a waist size of 34 to 36 depends on the fit of the pants. I.weigh around 180, wishing I could lose a good thirty pounds to get my flat tummy again lol. Like I said i wear a size medium long jacket and large pants for acu and bdu.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By IPv6Freely
nicopelli wrote:I got a nomex size 44r thinking it would fit but when I tried it on it was tight like spandex. I got that size based on my acu uniform jacket that I wear.I wear a large medium for my acu jacket and it fits okay but a little tight around on my gut. Right now I have xl tru spec and It's a bit baggie on me but that's okay. When I put my elbow pads on the does not make my sleeves small like a large does. I would like to get a nomex suite, any advice on what size to get? I'm thinking that a 52 is the largest size it might be the same as a tru spec xl. If I'm wrong on that idea please let me know before I buy another suite that is the wrong size.
I'm 5'10 with a waist size of 34 to 36 depends on the fit of the pants. I.weigh around 180, wishing I could lose a good thirty pounds to get my flat tummy again lol. Like I said i wear a size medium long jacket and large pants for acu and bdu.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
You need to measure the widest part of your torso (be it chest, belly, or ass) and add a size to that. Eg if you're a 38" chest but a 40" belly... you might wanna go with a 42.

When it comes to nomex you can't go by traditional sizes like M, L and XL. You have to actually measure yourself.
By Cornelius
Dear all,

I'm confused. I just got back from a trip to New York and decided to actually try on a suit at Kaufman's Army & Navy (W 42nd Street), which was a Rothco suit. I had measured myself at home, and found out I have a chest size of about 100 or 101 cms (that would amount to something between 39 and 40 inches). At Kaufman's, I was told I had a size 42 L, the guy at Kaufman's wanted to sell me a new Nomex suit (which I'd rather not, as I wouldn't be able to pay for it anyway) and he gave me a Rothco suit instead (at least, that's what it said on the inside of the collar). That felt alright, sizewise (should probably be a tad bigger) but I didn't like the material; it felt a bit plasticky. Now, according to the size chart mentioned on http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 97#p171315, my 39-to-40-inch chest size should correspond to size 34 or 36 possibly. Would anyone have an explanation for this?

Best regards,

CK
By Cornelius
Oh dear, I just received an email from the guy at Kaufman's (I had asked him the same question, basically) and he said I was being 'fussy':
You're a tall thin dude and you're fussy about fabrics and you don't want anything 'cheap' and you'd like the flight coverall to fit comfortably, so your size in a genuine Nomex Air Force version would most likely be a 42L- period.

Stop over-thinking it.
:whatever:

Is it some cultural miscommunication going on? Was it such a weird question to ask? I had mentioned to him that, yes, of course, I would like a Nomex suit, but that I have to consider my budget limits; he suddenly seemed annoyed at that. I got the impression that I was suddenly a lot less interesting to him as a customer...

Anyway, enough ranting: would anyone have any answer to my question? Unless I'm not clear, in which case please tell me and I'll try to rephrase it more clearly...
By IPv6Freely
Cornelius wrote:Oh dear, I just received an email from the guy at Kaufman's (I had asked him the same question, basically) and he said I was being 'fussy':
You're a tall thin dude and you're fussy about fabrics and you don't want anything 'cheap' and you'd like the flight coverall to fit comfortably, so your size in a genuine Nomex Air Force version would most likely be a 42L- period.

Stop over-thinking it.
:whatever:

Is it some cultural miscommunication going on? Was it such a weird question to ask? I had mentioned to him that, yes, of course, I would like a Nomex suit, but that I have to consider my budget limits; he suddenly seemed annoyed at that. I got the impression that I was suddenly a lot less interesting to him as a customer...

Anyway, enough ranting: would anyone have any answer to my question? Unless I'm not clear, in which case please tell me and I'll try to rephrase it more clearly...
You probably were a lot less interesting to him as a customer. For people who deal with uniform sales, a single flight suit is probably not worth the hassle for them. Just my opinion...

But yes, he's correct. You want a 42L nomex. Can be had on ebay for $35-40.
By B-Rad
FINALLY got my flightsuit situation solved. Started with a Tru-spec XL, fit pretty good but was a little tight in some areas. Then jumped to a 2XL, chest was fine (one problem solved) but arms and especially legs were realllyyy baggy. Finally on a last ditch effort before going nomex I tried a XL Long, verdict.....Fits like a Glove. Those extra 2 inches made all the difference. :wink:

Also picked up my elbow pads today at Dick's, granted not screen accurate but I'm not going 100%.
By xraycat
Hey everybody! I need help getting a suit. Here's my dimensions:

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 280-290lbs
T-shirt size: XXL and XXXL
Pants: 46/48

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!
By IPv6Freely
xraycat wrote:Hey everybody! I need help getting a suit. Here's my dimensions:

Hmm, hard to say. I don't think they make a Nomex beyond a 52. You may be stuck with having to buy a custom from Gibson and Barnes. Not sure how big rothco and tru-spec go...
By xraycat
IPv6Freely wrote:
xraycat wrote:Hey everybody! I need help getting a suit. Here's my dimensions:

Hmm, hard to say. I don't think they make a Nomex beyond a 52. You may be stuck with having to buy a custom from Gibson and Barnes. Not sure how big rothco and tru-spec go...

What brand does gbfans sell in their shop? I'm pretty sure my chest is like 52", but on gbfans their flightsuits say "not recommended for tall people." I'm 6'1", what exactly isn't gonna fit me on their suits? I'm more than likely gonna tuck my pants into my boots....
By IPv6Freely
xraycat wrote:
IPv6Freely wrote:

What brand does gbfans sell in their shop? I'm pretty sure my chest is like 52", but on gbfans their flightsuits say "not recommended for tall people." I'm 6'1", what exactly isn't gonna fit me on their suits? I'm more than likely gonna tuck my pants into my boots....
Major crotch wedgie. I think I got an XXL from GBFans and I could barely get my arms into it because the torso wasn't tall enough. If you're 6'1 they probably aren't for you.
By IPv6Freely
Garrett McNabb wrote:I'm a 40" chest, about 5'9" height. Would a 42"R Nomex be ideal for me, do you think?
Probably perfect, unless your belly is much bigger than your chest ;)
By mwells
I am a newbie wanting to get a nomex suit. Here are all the mesurments and stats what size do you guys think would be best for me to get since I have never ordered one and I am a bit on the strange size with long arms etc:

Height 6'2
Weight 150 lbs
Chest: 36 inches
Overarm: 44 inches
Waist 32 inches
insleeve armpit to wrist 22 inches

What size would you guys recommend? I have looked at the chart but am still not sure all measurements were done professionally
By IPv6Freely
mwells wrote:I am a newbie wanting to get a nomex suit. Here are all the mesurments and stats what size do you guys think would be best for me to get since I have never ordered one and I am a bit on the strange size with long arms etc:

Height 6'2
Weight 150 lbs
Chest: 36 inches
Overarm: 44 inches
Waist 32 inches
insleeve armpit to wrist 22 inches

What size would you guys recommend? I have looked at the chart but am still not sure all measurements were done professionally
Being tall and very skinny, I'd probably go 38L.
By dmolson89
im starting to plan for my uniform this thread helped alot thanx!
By gbkaplan
I just got my first flight suit from the army store! i went with Rothco because it was lighter and i figured id overheat less running around with the pack and all. its a bit tight but the larger one was swimming on me, tho i like the colors of the other better and the softer material, its just too heavy. i wish i could take the color and feel of the others and combine them with the light weight and look of the rothco. I'm excited this is my first suit!
By dmolson89
awesome sounds like it should make for a great suit!! and yeah the whole wishing more was like the other always seems to be the common case lol and custom is expensive!
The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]