Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By JurorNo.2
Sav C wrote:I've only seen each one once, but I liked the BTTF sequels.
Was it BTTF 2 or 3? I know 2 has the cool future stuff, I just found the overall plot to be really sloppy and the whole "I'm playing a relative with some really bad make up on" just over the top. BTTF 3 wasn't as sloppy but it's like we're getting further and further into B movie territory here. ;)
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Sav C wrote:I've only seen each one once, but I liked the BTTF sequels.
Was it BTTF 2 or 3? I know 2 has the cool future stuff, I just found the overall plot to be really sloppy and the whole "I'm playing a relative with some really bad make up on" just over the top. BTTF 3 wasn't as sloppy but it's like we're getting further and further into B movie territory here. ;)
Yeah, that part was a little weird in the second one. I heard that Zemeckis took inspiration for the Biff character from Trump, although I don't know if that's true or not. Fake News! I'm not sure whether it was the end of the second movie or the beginning of the third one, but I really liked the part when Doc went back to the wild west and as soon as he was gone the guy from the post office came and gave Marty the letter from Doc from the past.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:It is wise, because many people took their complaining to some very ugly places. I don't feel sorry for them.
The comparison I can make off the top of my head is Donald Trump launching a missile strike. Now not everyone was happy with that action although some supported it. Imagine if tomorrow knowing full well the backlash against what he did he said he was going to launch a missile strike against Iraq but at the last minute said "only joking". Is that the best thing way to mend relations? :-|
SpaceBallz wrote:Robert Zemeckis: "Over My Dead Body"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/ent ... /77531184/
See, Zemeckis has the right approach. :mrgreen:
JurorNo.2 wrote:Uh huh. Too bad he didn't feel that way about sequels. : P
The sequels were great so that's not an issue. I mean is the world asking for a gender swapped Back to the Future? :-?
timeware wrote:Sure it was a harmless April Fool's day joke. I think Paul's a little annoyed right now that IDW's version of ATC is much more popular then his at the moment. He has to try and create another controversy. :whatever:
But why did he have to set the BTTF fans on edge as well? That's harsh.
Kingpin wrote:The Metro isn't renowned for being the home of hard-nosed journalism, it's often quite lightweight or fluffy in the pieces if features. It's not as bad as some, but definitely worse than others... and naturally they'll try find stuff to fill their column inches/boost their readership/clicks.
The Metro and MSN just regurgitate news from other sites. I'm sure they didn't write the article and probably just copied and pasted most of it.
HunterCC wrote:Love how Feig thinks trolling, and reminding people of his GB16 flop, is somehow a good thing. :walterpeck: Great way to prove his detractors were right, and that he's learned nothing from it.
It's like he's thinking "ah screw it, I've annoyed some movie fans I might as well go the whole way". :lol:
timeware wrote:I'm waiting for the graphic novel on the new comic. It absolutely sucks that comics are almost five bucks an issue now.
This is why I wait for the trade paperback. :wink:
SpaceBallz wrote:He just wanted to cause a stir and make fun of the uproar of his failed revival.

At least this joke made sense, can't say the same for the jokes in GB16.
Alphagaia wrote:Alternate OP: Feig made a self/controversy aware joke on April Fool's. People who are already annoyed by his actions are annoyed that he did. More at eleven.
Yeah I'll let his speak for itself:

By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:The comparison I can make off the top of my head is Donald Trump launching a missile strike. Now not everyone was happy with that action although some supported it. Imagine if tomorrow knowing full well the backlash against what he did he said he was going to launch a missile strike against Iraq but at the last minute said "only joking". Is that the best thing way to mend relations? :-|
I really doubt that's the comparison you conjured "off the top of your head." ;)
The sequels were great so that's not an issue.
I watched both of them once. That was all the cringe I could stand.
By timeware
pferreira1983 wrote:
The comparison I can make off the top of my head is Donald Trump launching a missile strike. Now not everyone was happy with that action although some supported it. Imagine if tomorrow knowing full well the backlash against what he did he said he was going to launch a missile strike against Iraq but at the last minute said "only joking". Is that the best thing way to mend relations? :-|
The missile strike was the right thing to do. What amazes me is they are trying to give credit for this to Hillary who supposedly mentioned the idea of a missile retaliation hours before Trump made his decision.

This Russian collusion stuff is going to be in the media for as long as possible. It reminds me of when Bush was elected and we had to listen to "they stole the election" for nine plus years. He's going to get backlash on whatever he decides to do.

I just cant picture Donald on the phone asking Hillary for advice on, anything.
By Alphagaia
pferreira1983 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:Alternate OP: Feig made a self/controversy aware joke on April Fool's. People who are already annoyed by his actions are annoyed that he did. More at eleven.
Yeah I'll let his speak for itself:

Hey now, that glass ceiling ain't gonna break itself.
Kingpin, Sav C liked this
By GBfan77
pferreira1983 wrote:The man just couldn't resist. Oh no, not content with trolling after the reaction to his reboot movie he decided to troll with April Fools this year (sighs). Believe it or not there are some people who sad as they are were looking forward to an all female Back to the Future reboot until they found out it was a joke :roll: :

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/01/ghostbust ... t-6548282/
I know somebody somewhere out there actually believed that was true and lost their minds over it.
By pferreira1983
timeware wrote:The missile strike was the right thing to do.
I'm not saying it wasn't but Trump's detractors complained about his actions. If Trump started making jokes about offending his detractors is that a good idea?
GBfan77 wrote:I know somebody somewhere out there actually believed that was true and lost their minds over it.
I know. Spare a thought for the BTTF community being roped into Feig's April Fools joke. :-|
Alphagaia wrote:Hey now, that glass ceiling ain't gonna break itself.
Alpha since that makes no sense I'm going to feign ignorance on what you just said:

http://s202.photobucket.com/user/charli ... 1.gif.html
JurorNo.2 wrote:I really doubt that's the comparison you conjured "off the top of your head." ;)
I did. It was the best analogy I could make.
JurorNo.2 wrote:I watched both of them once. That was all the cringe I could stand.
Your loss, our gain. 8)
By Alphagaia
pferreira1983 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:Hey now, that glass ceiling ain't gonna break itself.
Alpha since that makes no sense I'm going to feign ignorance on what you just said:

http://s202.photobucket.com/user/charli ... 1.gif.html
Aw come on, the joke is not super transparent , but reflecting at Feigs political stance, the connection should become crystal clear. ;-)
Sav C, Kingpin liked this
By Kingpin
pferreira1983 wrote:Spare a thought for the BTTF community being roped into Feig's April Fools joke. :-|
There's no need to, seeing as Feig wasn't being serious.
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:Your loss, our gain. 8)
I'm content with the original. You should understand that feeling. ;) It has the perfect balance of humor and suspense. Whereas the sequels are just too goofy and over the top, inconsistent tone, and the plotting quite confused and sloppy.
By pferreira1983
Kingpin wrote:There's no need to, seeing as Feig wasn't being serious.
I know he wasn't but I'm sure the BTTF fans sat up suddenly and then breathed a sigh of relief. :-|
JurorNo.2 wrote:I'm content with the original. You should understand that feeling. ;) It has the perfect balance of humor and suspense. Whereas the sequels are just too goofy and over the top, inconsistent tone, and the plotting quite confused and sloppy.
BTTF Part 2 is many things but sloppy plotting is definitely not one of them.
Alphagaia wrote:the joke is not super transparent , but reflecting at Feigs political stance, the connection should become crystal clear. ;-)
Would you say glasshouse clear? :mrgreen:
By Alphagaia
pferreira1983 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:the joke is not super transparent , but reflecting at Feigs political stance, the connection should become crystal clear. ;-)
Would you say glasshouse clear? :mrgreen:
Yes! Now. Look up! You know, at the thing called a ceiling. Made of glass. Breakable glass.

All cleared up! :D
By pferreira1983
Alphagaia wrote:Yes! Now. Look up! You know, at the thing called a ceiling. Made of glass. Breakable glass.

Yep, see Paul in there, flinging stones. :lol:
By Alphagaia
pferreira1983 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:Yes! Now. Look up! You know, at the thing called a ceiling. Made of glass. Breakable glass.

Yep, see Paul in there, flinging stones. :lol:
Yeah. At that pesky, nasty glass ceiling he so famously wants to break!
You finally get why it was so ironic to me you used that picture in this situation? :love:
By pferreira1983
Alphagaia wrote: You finally get why it was so ironic to me you used that picture in this situation? :love:
Nope. You're not making any sense and my original image posted still stands.
By Alphagaia
pferreira1983 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote: You finally get why it was so ironic to me you used that picture in this situation? :love:
Nope. You're not making any sense and my original image posted still stands.
I now understand why you did not get he was joking on April fools:

Your funnybone is hardwired to Feig(n) Ignorence!
Last edited by Alphagaia on April 30th, 2017, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JurorNo.2
Alphagaia wrote: You hardwired your funnybone to Feig(n) Ignorence!

::Comedic groan:: :-x
Alphagaia liked this
By pferreira1983
Alphagaia wrote:I now understand why you did not get he was joking on April fools
I get he was joking, I just don't think you get my attached image.
Alphagaia wrote:Your funnybone is hardwired to Feig(n) Ignorence!
Ouch, that gets a dislike from me.
Alphagaia wrote:I think that kind of summarizes this whole thread.
If you're following the Paul Feig idea of jokes I can see why I thought the above joke was cringeworthy. :shock:
By Alphagaia
pferreira1983 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:I now understand why you did not get he was joking on April fools
I get he was joking, I just don't think you get my attached image.
Ehh if you still think that after all this, we might have hit a wall instead of the ceiling. :-P
pferreira1983 liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]