Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
JurorNo.2 wrote: Well we'll see what the Razzies have to say first. The lesson of the year might be: don't be like BvS
I have said it before but BvS was a good film and surfers from the "let's hate hate dc" trend in movies much like GB16 it doesn't deserve the hate even more so when civil war is the same movie yet gets loved cause it's marvel.

Perfect? No but its damn good and I had geek outs over wonder woman and the dark knight returns armor. BvS is not terrible its just "cool" to hate it and suicide squad and man of steel.
SpaceBallz liked this
HunterCC wrote: Only thing I see keeping it from getting a Razzie, people there don't want shrill attacks on their character from the movie defenders. Some category like "worst marketing" might be "safe" for them.
Funny thing, I actually saw someone on their forum saying Sony's response to criticism should qualify ATC for a Razzie. The response was, "There is no Worst Marketing Award." And that is correct. It's like I've been saying all along, fans need to learn to separate pre-movie hype from the movie itself. Now, sure, the outside world can influence a movie's legacy. But I think, bottom line, most people aren't particularly outraged by the women thing, or the reboot thing. And they don't understand why the hate for this particular movie had to be so over the top.

Btw, not gonna lie, the current shock and outrage on Reddit, IMDB, etc over the Razzies is very amusing. :twisted:
Very lightweight in terms of logic and how real people would act in some situations. Just really good emotional performances and subject matter.
I get you, like schmaltzy? Well that could still be OK, lol. Might be interesting to check out!
Last edited by JurorNo.2 on January 9th, 2017, 8:29 am, edited 12 times in total.
@Timeware: Yes, she took a long time finishing it, but she did finish it. So how can you say she did not finish it?
Same with the stolen artwork. (Not plural, it was one). She send a written apologie for her mistaking it for official ( fair use) artwork and replaced it, while commending Tammy for her great skill.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... men-Banner

I'm not agreeing with her statements on videogames (I have not watched the vids so I also cannot disagree with them) but you are attacking her for two year old issues that all got resolved?

If she is a bad evil extreme feminist blogger attack her on those accounts, don't accuse her for things she already resolved.
Last edited by Alphagaia on January 9th, 2017, 10:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
SSJmole wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote: Well we'll see what the Razzies have to say first. The lesson of the year might be: don't be like BvS
I have said it before but BvS was a good film and surfers from the "let's hate hate dc" trend in movies much like GB16 it doesn't deserve the hate even more so when civil war is the same movie yet gets loved cause it's marvel.

Perfect? No but its damn good and I had geek outs over wonder woman and the dark knight returns armor. BvS is not terrible its just "cool" to hate it and suicide squad and man of steel.
I don't feel all that motivated to go to bat for DC, but I agree that Marvel is getting too many passes lately. They were always funny movies and that's great, but they are a bit too formulaic for me, and don't take enough risks with the characters. It's like how I'm pretty sure they were trying to channel Scrooged in Iron Man (especially with Tony handing off the trophy). But in Scrooged, they weren't afraid to make you hate Murray's character a bit, even while you were laughing at his quips. But with Iron Man, it felt they were constantly making sure you always loved Stark no matter what. I didn't feel the same kind of tension.
Alphagaia wrote:I'm not agreeing with her statements on videogames (I have not watched the vids so I also cannot disagree with them) but you are attacking her for two year old issues that all got resolved?

If she is a bad evil extreme feminist blogger attack her on those accounts, don't accuse her for things she already resolved.
Iv'e tried to watch one of her videos and cant find myself able to sit through it. However I suppose the flooding of fan bashing articles her group had pushed through since the movie was announced I cant see her as a good person in real life.

I am surprised at the fact she tried to resolve the fan art issue. although I do wonder if it wasn't brought out to her attention if it ever would have been solved?
Last edited by Kingpin on January 10th, 2017, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
timeware wrote:the flooding of fan bashing articles her group had pushed through since the movie was announce
What were those fans saying before the articles were written? That's what keeps getting left out here.

Oi, this fanbase will never be normal again, lol.
The usual. Some were being civil about their disappointment with the movie and cast while others were just being nasty to be nasty. FF thought they would latch onto the controversy by starting to put out articles using pictures of baby males crying over mean comments.I believe they are the ones who started the phrase sexist man babies.

Then they started making comments like women owe it to themselves to see this movie.they were trying to rile fans up over article comments by calling any opposition sexist. Anita's followers, and employees don't do anything unless theyr'e given marching orders. Some of her followers had even started attacking the person who had that fan art stolen.

Then assholes like Cassidy jumped on the scene giving FF actual misogynistic statements to go after. Didn't stop Anita and crew from labeling both men and women sexist.
pferreira1983 liked this
timeware wrote:Some were being civil about their disappointment
Not nearly enough.
Didn't stop Anita and crew from labeling both men and women sexist.
I have no problem labeling some women sexist, or at least extremely deluded. The types who don't get along with other women so they go and worship the male, blowhard YouTube vloggers who allegedly "tell it like it is."
timeware wrote: Anita's followers, and employees don't do anything unless theyr'e given marching orders. Some of her followers had even started attacking the person who had that fan art stolen.
You claim Anita's followers and employees don't do anything unless given 'marching orders'?
You do know how you sound right?
No ones has kind of power over their fans. Just look at how diverse we are as a fanbase.

Just look at all the false assumptions you made about her while researching, how quick you used those to paint a incredibly evil portret of her, and how easily I could point out the flaws of them within a 5 minute search on her website/YouTube account that resolved those issues. Again, not saying she is a saint, but those facts got warped big time!
This is what's wrong with the internet, guys. Check your facts!
I didn't warp any facts concerning Anita.
You claim Anita's followers and employees don't do anything unless given 'marching orders'?
You do know how you sound right?
No ones has kind of power over their fans. Just look at how diverse we are as a fanbase.
Really Alpha?

She is in charge of a "Non profit" charity that uses it's power to organize it's members to campaign on whatever issues she deems worthy, or wants to condemn. There are more then twenty members to FF and that's not including regular followers on face book. They all share the same view points. It's almost like a comparison to the collective from StarTrek.

They take direct, indirect cues from their boss through the statements she makes, twitter, and e-mail. I'm sure a few of them even have her cell phone number. All of that I was able to discover by looking at her facebook page, her founding members, twitter and facebook followers.

The fan art stuff was uncovered recently and I had posted that as an example of her stealing media to finish her projects, which she is constantly accused of. You don't want to believe there was an organized effort but this group does have the capability to organize and push whatever agenda their boss wants to bring attention to.
Just look at all the false assumptions you made about her while researching, how quick you used those to paint a incredibly evil portret of her, and how easily I could point out the flaws of them within a 5 minute search on her website/YouTube account that resolved those issues. Again, not saying she is a saint, but those facts got warped big time!
This is what's wrong with the internet, guys. Check your facts!
Accusations weren't false. Again she was in charge of this group before GB2016 was even announced. Anita decided to latch onto the controversy to profit off of the movie. That evidence has been provided. Warping big time? You don't want to admit she has a link to Paul.
pferreira1983 liked this
I'm sorry Timeware, but:

On the grounds of the following accusations you wanted Feig to apologize for supporting a women that steals art and does not finish campaigns:

--You accused her of not finishing projects, meaning the Tropes vs Women kickstarter campaign, when she did finish it. You were going of old info and did not check her YouTube account.

--You accused her of not giving credit and stealing fan-art from Tammy and said she was quiet on the situation since 2015 while she actually wrote a letter to Tammy describing how much she admired her artwork and rectified the mistake by replacing it.

--You exaggerated by claiming Feig for supporting FF tweetS and campaignS: when he supported exactly one campaign in one tweet, about the famous women in history, as he often does on his Twitter for many other people.

Own up to your mistakes instead of saying those were not false accusations.
timeware wrote:You don't want to admit she has a link to Paul.
I don't know if she has a link to Paul, but you believed another Forum go-er who did not provide any links that it was the case and because of that, you take it as proof they are. If you can proof it fine, then I'll believe it. I'm not saying it's impossible.

I am saying that Feig using FF to attack GBfans so there would be controversy is based on nothing but very vague connections so far.

I would like you to at least check your facts a bit more thorough before making such bold and accussing claims.

And now you are saying because some people in her organisation have their phonenumber it proofs she orders them around to attacks things? O. My. God.
JurorNo.2 liked this
Alphagaia wrote:I'm sorry Timeware, but:

On the grounds of the following accusations you wanted Feig to apologize for supporting a women that steals art and does not finish campaigns:

--You accused her of not finishing projects, meaning the Tropes vs Women kickstarter campaign, when she did finish it. You were going of old info and did not check her YouTube account.

--You accused her of not giving credit and stealing fan-art from a Tammy and said she was quiet on the situation since 2015 while she wrote a letter to Tammy describing how much she admired her artwork and rectified the mistake by replacing it.

--You exaggerated by claiming Feig for supported FF tweets and campaigns: when he supported exactly one campaign in one tweet, about the famous women in history, as he often does on his Twitter for many other people.

Own up to your mistakes and instead of saying those were not false accusations.
Didn't I just walk back some comments on Judd Appatow?

Your implying that I embellished on these accusations. Yes old info, and at the time when things were starting to heat up Anita wasn't focusing on finishing tropes vs women. She wasn't even addressing the issue of the stolen fan art and it was months later until that issue was resolved.

Your forgetting to leave that little bit of info out.

In the fan art case I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that it was just her googling images to use for her kick starter campaign but it's a very minimal benefit of the doubt.

You are also forgetting to add that yes I want Feig to apologize for supporting Anita, I want him to stand up for women that her crew attacked during the course of the summer.

Oh my God yes. I am clearly saying that Anita's organization does her bidding through contact.

I would find it pretty pathetic any charity doesn't keep in constant contact with one another to raise money for whatever issues they want to support. Why is it hard to believe there is an organization to Feminist Frequency? The members of FF represent that group. They represent Anita, and they wouldn't do anything without her consent.

I am saying that Feig using FF to attack GBfans so there would be controversy is based on nothing but very vague connections so far.

I have helped prove FF existed by doing research on Anita. Vague connections, but they are there.
Last edited by Kingpin on January 10th, 2017, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote codes
HunterCC liked this
timeware wrote: I want him to stand up for women that her crew attacked during the course of the summer.
Not if those women were being jerks about the movie.
It's probably worth mentioning this forum isn't really the place to be policing Anita Sakeesian or Feminist Frequency.

To try a different track of discussion:

In all honesty, Anita, FF, et all's all-encompassing remarks about misogynist male geek man babies don't, and haven't gotten to me. I guess I put that down to the fact I know I wasn't one of the people they were targeting anymore*, I hadn't earned that response by my actions.

I guess that's why I'm still a little frustrated that about two years since it was announced, and six months since it was theatrically released, people are still complaining and tearing strips off of each other regarding the Ghostbusters reboot.

If you didn't say anything sexist/misogynistic/derogatory, than great. I appreciate it's disappointing that the people you feel slighted you won't ever apologise for what they did, or you felt they did, but that's life, we deal with the disappointments... we deal with the dirty laundry and eventually move on to the next pile.

And if you did say something sexist/misogynistic/derogatory... well, you got what you deserved.

Let's not forget a rather notable old quote "The lady doth protest too much, methinks". It's used in some contemporarily cases to suggest that somebody can argue so strongly that they aren't something, which ends up convincing others that they are what they're denying to be.

In other words, some fans may only strengthen the idea others have of them that they are misogynists, by continuing to argue and complain about what happened beyond what would be considered a reasonable time frame.

It's ten days into a whole new year, do we want to be continuing this up to the first anniversary of the reboot's theatrical release, or do we want to talk about something else? :) I for one, would whole-heartedly propose we talk about Ghostbusters.

*I pitched my fit early on when the cast were first announced, and now I just look back on how I was from the position of knowing better now.
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
Kingpin wrote:we deal with the dirty laundry and eventually move on to the next pile.
I have more than two grades of laundry, okay? There's not just clean and dirty. There are many subtle levels. Okay? See? You hang this outside the window for twenty minutes... it's perfectly fine. :)

You know I was thinking the other day that the reboot has actually given me a deeper appreciation of the originals, so I'm glad about that.
JurorNo.2, Kingpin, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
I was never personally called sexist or whatever. Just go tired of that narrative being played, but just simple investigation exposed the source for mostly all those articles on the news feed. If you want to end the conversation on them that's fine. I can change the subject.

The evidence is out there to both support and deny the controversy was manufactured.

However, it should be put out that bloggers are already starting to repeat the cycle of this nonsense concerning the new Barbie movie that's in the works.

I would like to see us hopefully expose that so this whole man vs woman stuff doesn't affect the younger generation.
Yeah, I agree.
I tried giving Timeware the podium to explain his suspicions, but I think it's obvious it's only leading to more vague suspicions and outdated information.
It's still evidence. Again I was able to prove the group existed, they have a leader, and they are organized. You can look at it how you want. The evidence is there.
HunterCC liked this
timeware wrote:If you want to end the conversation on them that's fine. I can change the subject.
I just don't think it's worth us getting any more bent out of shape over speculation that likely never will be anything than circumstantial.
Alphagaia liked this
timeware wrote:I was never personally called sexist or whatever. Just go tired of that narrative being played, but just simple investigation exposed the source for mostly all those articles on the news feed. If you want to end the conversation on them that's fine. I can change the subject.

The evidence is out there to both support and deny the controversy was manufactured.

However, it should be put out that bloggers are already starting to repeat the cycle of this nonsense concerning the new Barbie movie that's in the works.

I would like to see us hopefully expose that so this whole man vs woman stuff doesn't affect the younger generation.
Yeah, I agree.
I tried giving Timeware the podium to explain his suspicions, but I think it's obvious it's only leading to more vague suspicions and outdated information.
It's still evidence. Again I was able to prove the group existed, they have a leader, and they are organized. You can look at it how you want. The evidence is there.
Now, now, timeware. When FF or Leslie Jones or any pro GB16 people incite followers, it doesn't matter. It's only an issue when other people do it, lol.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PrisonPlanet ... 0377535488
It is not attacking/inciting when you respond to an attack on your Twitter feed. It's called defending.

Now, you can make an argument she should not respond to the personal attacks as it might be wiser, but on the other hand, it can also feel good sticking it to them if they are wrong or gives more traction to your own opinion.

Which is probably what happens when people read the extremer pro reboot arguments from FF as well as the same could be applied there: you can choose to respond to the attacks from FF or chose to ignore.
Sav C liked this
Kingpin wrote:1) Because a big part of his whole shtick, or his internet celebrity is that he reviews geeky things.

2) It would've set a more positive example that someone who wasn't keen on it would still take time to sit down and watch it, giving it a fairer chance than just outright saying "nope, not gonna see it". Not to mention it would provide an informed insight.
Oh come on, he didn't want to because he knew the whole thing would be disappointing. Why subject himself to a bad movie reboot for an original he cared about so much? I'm a Star Wars fan but it's not my duty to go and see every new Disney SW film on it's first day and then write a review. Why should I even if people are expecting it? Take it this way: James avoided worse criticism from feminists by not reviewing the film than actually reviewing it. It's a no brainer to me. Don't like a new movie coming out, don't watch it. Simples. Not sure why people complain about him as though he did something wrong.
Kingpin wrote:We don't own the Ghostbusters franchise or property, and when some didn't get what they wanted they shamed some of the production, actors and even actors from the classic films by calling them sell-outs.
What's this got to do with James?! It wasn't his fault.
Kingpin wrote:I've kinda given up wondering really, but it has to be pointed out - the more some folks keep complaining about things that now cannot be charged, the more you keep providing ammunition for the people you don't like writing the articles you don't like.
Except no one of power outside of this forum reads what I type so there's no excuse at all for these endless articles of "nana nana na nar".
Kingpin wrote:Change the record please, the "feminist conspiracy" stuff is getting boring.
It's not a conspiracy unfortunately, wish it was. Not my fault people deny it. Anyway for a 'conspiracy' a lot of people seem to support it, pretty much every Internet forum or board I've been on. It isn't a minority. :wink:
JurorNo.2 wrote:Because the hate for this movie was so over the top in the first place. Detractors would have been wiser to just ignore it. Instead they made it into a bizarre, and often mean spirited, crusade.
Now the film is done and dusted pro-reboot supporters still keep on about how they won? I mean I'd say yeah okay you've won but they probably wouldn't listen to me and keep writing "Why Ghostbusters 2016 is so great" articles.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Ehhh...agree to disagree on the writing part. I wouldn't be surprised if the script was literally two pages long.
But I have not heard any complaints about her character or her acting. Therefore I conclude it's not misogynists attacking female lead movies but people just disgruntled over the sneaky politics of what Hollywood is doing. Compare Jyn to Rey, the former is better acted and written yet...no one complained a female was the lead.
Alphagaia wrote:Inability to complete projects? After looking at some links I see a lot of people referring to the Tropes vs Women in Videogames Kickstarter. So unless I'm missing something else that's project. Not projects.
Imagine my surprise when I looked at her YouTube account to see she did not only finish it, but started a second season
She never finished her kickstarter. She completed a couple of her required videos and then did a series. When people complained about her videos she got donations from people and used that to continue with her rubbish series. So technically she has yet to complete her kickstarter as promised in the campaign.
timeware wrote:Most comments accuse her of taking months to complete a video and use her campaign funding so she can fly to conferences and get paid for speeches. She is also using funding she's received to start other projects as well.
One of her latest money making schemes was to get people to donate money to Anita to dress her up to show how beautiful she can look. No I'm not making this up. Not even Alpha can defend this one without sounding more dodgy than usual. :lol:
Alphagaia wrote:You accused her of not giving credit and stealing fan-art from Tammy and said she was quiet on the situation since 2015 while she actually wrote a letter to Tammy describing how much she admired her artwork and rectified the mistake by replacing it.
Except this isn't the first time she's pulled a trick like this. See below for my response where I talk about some of her deeds.
Alphagaia wrote:Own up to your mistakes instead of saying those were not false accusations.
None of these are false accusations. It's not his fault you trust everybody at face value just because they're feminists. :roll:
Alphagaia wrote:Just look at all the false assumptions you made about her while researching, how quick you used those to paint a incredibly evil portret of her, and how easily I could point out the flaws of them within a 5 minute search on her website/YouTube account that resolved those issues. Again, not saying she is a saint, but those facts got warped big time! This is what's wrong with the internet, guys. Check your facts!
Maybe you should do some actual research? In every one of her videos she's twisted her own views of gaming to her own feminist ends. Regardless of her saying she's a gamer and she knows what's she talking about there is the small matter of this which shouts BS:

That's me doing the research you obviously haven't. :wink: Anyway it's thought that since she doesn't play her games her now ex boyfriend (who started her on this FF organisation) not only plays the games but writes her scripts since she's essentially a puppet, after all feminists are more likely to identify with a female than a male feminist. There's also a matter timeware has yet to bring up which she is well known to have stolen letsplay footage for her own videos, y'know theft. She also hired in the past an apparent pedophile at one point as her site moderator. Having conned people out of money to allow her to play dress up while fund raising a questionable doxing program she now is asking for more money because...erm...well Donald Trump won. Is she even trying? Anyway all this stuff is available online if you bother to do research so please Alpha don't give timeware a hard time. A lot of what he's said makes sense. :)
Last edited by pferreira1983 on January 22nd, 2017, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not defending her ideals or FF nor do I have the desire to do so. I hardly know of their beliefs. I just pointed to inconsistencies or old info in Timewares claims he was not aware of.
Nevertheless, while I would be interested in seeing how much is true and what is exaggerated by her opposers, Kingpin asked us to drop the topic so let's leave it at that.
pferreira1983 liked this
Maybe you should do some actual research? In every one of her videos she's twisted her own views of gaming to her own feminist ends. Regardless of her saying she's a gamer and she knows what's she talking about there is the small matter of this which shouts BS:

That's me doing the research you obviously haven't. :wink: Any it's thought that since she doesn't play her games her now ex boyfriend (who started her on this FF organisation) not only plays the games but writes her scripts since she's essentially a puppet, after all feminists are more likely to identify with a female than a male feminist. There's also a matter timeware has yet to bring up which she is well known to have stolen letsplay footage for her own videos, y'know theft. She also hired in the past an apparent pedophile at one point as her site moderator. Having conned people out of money to allow her to play dress up while fund raising a questionable doxing program she now is asking for more money because...erm...well Donald Trump won. Is she even trying? Anyway all this stuff is available online if you bother to do research so please Alpha don't give timeware a hard time. A lot of what he's said makes sense.
Hadn't seen that video yet. Good find. This is why I compared Anita and Feig to Al Sharpton. Snake oil salesmen jumping on whatever ambulance they can find that will take them to their next dollar.
pferreira1983 liked this
pferreira1983 wrote:Oh come on, he didn't want to because he knew the whole thing would be disappointing. Why subject himself to a bad movie reboot for an original he cared about so much? I'm a Star Wars fan but it's not my duty to go and see every new Disney SW film on it's first day and then write a review.
I don't expect him to be first in line on opening day, but if memory serves he stated that he'd had a lot of people asking if he'd be reviewing the film, he knew plenty of people would be interested to know his feelings on it. I can appreciate him not wanting to see it, but it just seemed like such a contrary decision to not review it, and to post a whole video explaining his reasons, rather than a short typed statement, when he is known for being an internet reviewer, rather than knuckling down and just watching it. It would've made him an informed critic and opinion, and would've weakened the ammunition against him. I can respect someone's opinion about not liking the reboot much easier if they've seen it than someone who hasn't.
pferreira1983 wrote:What's this got to do with James?! It wasn't his fault.
Nothing, but I wasn't talking about James. You'd made a remark about "feminists" having entitlement over him reviewing the film, and I felt the need to point out there are some fans in the community here and in the wider world who have a pretty strong, and sometimes undeserved sense of entitlement with what they feel/believe the Ghostbusters franchise owes them. I also felt the need to point out that such actions weren't restricted to the "pro rebooter"/"feminist" side, some of those same actions were chucked about by some of the "anti reboot" side. Two sides to the same coin.
pferreira1983 wrote:Except no one of power outside of this forum reads what I type so there's no excuse at all for these endless articles of "nana nana na nar".
Well, you don't actually know that. I don't know that either. :) We've had comic developers, toy representatives and production staff members from the video game here now and in the past, you never really know who's on here when they're cloaked with a screen name pseudonym. :)
pferreira1983 wrote:It isn't a minority. :wink:
There are also plenty of people who believe the moon landing was faked, that the RMS Olympic and RMS Titanic were swapped for an insurance scam, and that the Earth is flat. A conspiracy being popular doesn't mean all of it is real, or that many of its followers aren't incredibly gullible.
Alphagaia, zeta otaku liked this
There are also plenty of people who believe the moon landing was faked, that the RMS Olympic and RMS Titanic were swapped for an insurance scam, and that the Earth is flat. A conspiracy being popular doesn't mean all of it is real, or that many of its followers aren't incredibly gullible.
What about those of us who believe in the theory of Atlantis, or the loch ness monster?
pferreira1983 liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]