Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By mrmichaelt
Here's some info about the soundtrack:
GHOSTBUSTERS: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK IS SET FOR RELEASE ON JULY 15TH VIA RCA RECORDS

Soundtrack For Sony Pictures’ Upcoming Feature Film Ghostbusters
In Theaters July 15th

Elle King’s “Good Girls” Available Tomorrow At All Digital Providers

Music from G-Eazy ft. Jeremih, 5 Seconds of Summer, Pentatonix, WALK THE MOON, Fall Out Boy ft. Missy Elliott, Wolf Alice And More

(New York, New York – June 3, 2016) – RCA Records is set to release Ghostbusters: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack on July 15th to accompany Sony Pictures’ highly anticipated feature film Ghostbusters, in theaters the same day.

The soundtrack will feature new music, including Elle King’s “Good Girls,” which will be available at all digital providers tomorrow. “Good Girls” was written by Elle King and Dave Bassett and produced by Bassett.

Other artists to be featured on the soundtrack include G-Eazy ft. Jeremih, 5 Seconds of Summer, Pentatonix, WALK THE MOON, Fall Out Boy ft. Missy Elliott, Wolf Alice and more. A full track listing will be announced soon.
By Sav C
Too bad music has been all downhill since the 60s. There was some great stuff in the 70s and 80s though, like Bruce Springsteen and U2.
TK5759 liked this
By Jangonate
Looks like Fall Out Boy tweeted that they and Missy Elliot are covering the Ghostbusters song. I don't listen to new music. None of this will likely connect with me like On Our Own, the original RP Jr song, or even Savin the Day (I'm always humming that one!), but I have found Elle King's Good Girls to be quite catchy.
Sav C liked this
By Slimered
Wish there was more well-known artists on it. Queen and Adam Lambert for instance could have delivered a brilliant cover of the Ghostbusters theme song.
TK5759 liked this
By TK5759
Slimered wrote:Wish there was more well-known artists on it. Queen and Adam Lambert for instance could have delivered a brilliant cover of the Ghostbusters theme song.
This is an amazing idea. :crunch:

I'd much rather have a well know and established band redo the main theme instead of Fall Out Boy. Their music just plain sucks.
By Sav C
I could have sworn that Black Sabbath was supposed to appear on the soundtrack, which would've been cool. I really like their first two albums, but haven't listened to most of their other stuff after that.
By Alphagaia
Demon Vice Commander wrote:I just listened to Elle King's new song "Good Girls", and it has a pretty good sound; I can see it being Holtzmann's own theme song. ;)
I think it will be used for a montage of capturing ghosts. It has that kind of bad ass feel to it.
By Jangonate
Alphagaia wrote:
Demon Vice Commander wrote:I just listened to Elle King's new song "Good Girls", and it has a pretty good sound; I can see it being Holtzmann's own theme song. ;)
I think it will be used for a montage of capturing ghosts. It has that kind of bad ass feel to it.
After rewatching Spy and paying more attention to how Feig uses music, I agree. The lyrics could fit..."I do what the good girls don't" and "since we're going to go to hell anyway." Sounds like music to fight off demonic ghosts with, to me.
By Scum
Pretty excellent song actually. Punk-country feel, which is pretty unique if you ask me. I absolutely get a major Distillers feel with her singing style.

I just wish Avenged Sevenfold had gotten a shot at a song on this album!
By d_osborn
I was getting more of a blues throwback feel to it, but I can totally hear a slight alternative country vibe. I agree, though... really fun song! She has a really cool voice.
By Jangonate
I know nothing of music so I just call it catchy. I like it a lot though, even though it isn't at all what I usually listen to.
By Sav C
Stuff about the score (don't worry, it's positive :) )
This Post Contains Spoilers
Kingpin liked this
By Sav C
MagicPrime wrote:Those track names also match up 100% to the Stantz1984 Reddit leak.
Interesting. Even though I pretty much entirely doubt it, I have a theory that Stantz1984 is actually Dan Aykroyd. Just something fun to think about. :)
By pyhasanon
They just uploaded this to YouTube, you can hear what sounds like the Fall Out Boy cover in the background about halfway through the video... it actually doesn't sound that bad...
By Kingpin
Nice! Where'd that pop up?

I think you're spot on Phil about that being Fall Out Boy's cover, and it doesn't sound bad in the snippet.
By featofstrength
pyhasanon wrote:They just uploaded this to YouTube, you can hear what sounds like the Fall Out Boy cover in the background about halfway through the video... it actually doesn't sound that bad...
Meh...to me, sounds like any and every pop, ska, metal, modern cover out there on youtube with a sped up tempo.
Sav C liked this
By pyhasanon
Kingpin wrote:Kinda gives me the vibe of a post-millennium version of Run DMC's version of the theme.
Agreed, while it doesn't sound bad, I'm still not fond of Fall Out Boy's vocalist, but you would be correct that it would be this generation's Run DMC GB theme...
By Raystantz Italy
Kingpin wrote:Kinda gives me the vibe of a post-millennium version of Run DMC's version of the theme.
This.

The remixed theme was one of the few things I liked in the trailers.
By d_osborn
The new siren is really growing on me! At first I was pretty disappointed, but it works.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]