Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By elsoldao7
I just came across this on ebay!
Has anyone seen them out in the wild?
ecto1matt liked this
By SpaceBallz
My Wal-Mart just unleashed all the GB merch today, I got one of those steel supply boxes, a box of the marshmallow twinkies, and a stay-puft plush key chain that plays the GB theme.
By below_radar_00
elsoldao7 wrote:Image
These are at Target. I haven't seen them in the wild but if you search "Ghostbusters" on Target.com they come up. I noticed them a few weeks ago. Target has a ton of new stuff from book bags to shirts.
By below_radar_00
below_radar_00 wrote:
These are at Target. I haven't seen them in the wild but if you search "Ghostbusters" on Target.com they come up. I noticed them a few weeks ago. Target has a ton of new stuff from book bags to shirts.
My bad...they are actually at Toysrus.com. But Target.com has a lot of new shirts. Just search "Ghostbusters" on both sites and search by newest and behold all the new things! :)
By elsoldao7
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Scored @ TRU!
Buy the pack & get the luchbox free, also $5 off purchase of over $25 in GB merch! Image
ecto1matt liked this
By below_radar_00
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Scored @ TRU!
Buy the pack & get the luchbox free, also $5 off purchase of over $25 in GB merch! Image
No problem.

Also..."20% off Jada Metals diecast figures of the original team and save $5 when you spend $25 in GB merch both original and reboot team is further proof this movie will bomb. The 2016 movie is so bad it's making the old movies merch bomb"

Of course I'm being sarcastic here. But that's the thinking around these parts.
deadderek liked this
By ecto1matt
I like those backpacks which reminds of when I was a kid the green Gizmo backpack I had.

I finally found both Twinkies at Walmart and Ecto Cooler at Publix. I got six of the 10 packs so 3 for me and 3 for a family member and they had plenty more left. I have had 1 a night.
Finally got the 2 pack Hot Wheels a week after I found a single of the first Ecto.
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
I'm starting to feel like Charlie Brown on Halloween up here in the Great White North. So far all I have managed to track down for GB merch at Walmart are these releases of films from the Sony library that offer $7.50 off your movie ticket for GB16 and a fugly arm patch. Sorry Sony, but I'm still not going to buy Pixels.

By joeghostbuster
I've heard/read rumors of some toys and other products being recalled/pulled from shelves, but I didnt believe it. but the other day I was at my local Walmart, and they had an entire display of the reboot Lego Ecto set, literally over a dozen of them, with their own end cap. I go in this morning, and they are GONE. no trace. the end cap display that they were on is now completely empty, and the price tag displays have been replaced with some other toy that is going to go there. I looked through the entire Lego wall, nothing there either. considering the movie isnt out yet, I have a very hard time believing all 12-15 of them (at $60 each) sold between now and 1-3 days ago. especially in a small city like this, it's a tourist town. as Ray would say, "very, very strange."
By featofstrength
Got a cardboard standee from one of my local theaters:
Had not seen this one before... only the more heavy-duty, three dimensional ones with the base. Still stands about 8ft tall and 5ft wide
lozbloke, ecto1matt liked this
By toby88
featofstrength wrote:Got a cardboard standee from one of my local theaters:
Had not seen this one before... only the more heavy-duty, three dimensional ones with the base. Still stands about 8ft tall and 5ft wide

I tried to score that at my local theater, they said "Sony will not allow us to give the promotional item away" Dont know if that's true or someone at the theater called dibs on it before.

*Edit*

Just got off the phone with 8, yes 8, movie theaters in the Tampa Bay and Orlando area about these things.

1. Half of them said they never received a display
2. The other half said, "No, we can not give them away, Sony gave us instructions to throw these out."

Bummer!

So jealous of your score...

You...You've earned it. :crunch:
By featofstrength
toby88 wrote: I tried to score that at my local theater, they said "Sony will not allow us to give the promotional item away" Dont know if that's true or someone at the theater called dibs on it before.

*Edit*

Just got off the phone with 8, yes 8, movie theaters in the Tampa Bay and Orlando area about these things.

2. The other half said, "No, we can not give them away, Sony gave us instructions to throw these out."

Bummer!

Thanks! And sorry you struck out. I figured that the "can't give away" is just baloney to discourage people from asking AND for wishy-washy management to weasel out of hard decisions.

My team scored 2 more of the based logos this weekend in town, and possibly one more if someone wants to make a 30 mile trek. Even with my pick-up truck, it was a bitch disassembling the base so it would all fit.
Got some theatre posters and promo shirts, too...all in exchange for our time there geared-up and promoting the release, of course. Good trade offs. I also like to think that it's our consolation prize for not getting a SONY invite to the premiere.
By Doctor Venkman
featofstrength wrote:
toby88 wrote: I tried to score that at my local theater, they said "Sony will not allow us to give the promotional item away" Dont know if that's true or someone at the theater called dibs on it before.

*Edit*

Bummer!

Thanks! And sorry you struck out. I figured that the "can't give away" is just baloney to discourage people from asking AND for wishy-washy management to weasel out of hard decisions.

My team scored 2 more of the based logos this weekend in town, and possibly one more if someone wants to make a 30 mile trek. Even with my pick-up truck, it was a bitch disassembling the base so it would all fit.
Got some theatre posters and promo shirts, too...all in exchange for our time there geared-up and promoting the release, of course. Good trade offs. I also like to think that it's our consolation prize for not getting a SONY invite to the premiere.
I don't think I'd have anywhere to put that beast in all honesty, but I still want it, lol.

I wish I'd have gotten some posters or shirts though! Those are sweet!
By toby88
featofstrength wrote:

*Edit*

Bummer!

I hear ya. Once again, sick score.
By below_radar_00
elsoldao7 wrote:Just saw this display at a Kmart, so tempted to ask for it!
Dude! That would be an awesome display to have! Let us know if you ask for it and get it.
By Nassik
A cinema that my franchise has been doing Ghostbuster appearances for has one of those large 3D displays. We've asked for it when the cinema has finished with it.

To bolster our request, the local Sony representative has also asked the theater to give it to us. I don't know if we'll get it or not but with Sony in our corner, the odds look good.
By troy_225
toby88 wrote:
elsoldao7 wrote:Just saw these at Wal-Mart, made me smile!

Has anyone come across these yet?
So I was looking at this box at Wal-Mart today, thinking about purchasing it. Can anyone tell me what's all in this metal box? Thanks
By joeghostbuster
basically nothing. it's the box, which is nice on it's own - inside is a plastic card with download codes for digital versions of the movie. the packaging details exactly what you get. but they also usually sell the GB germ gel, stay puft backpack clips, GB erasers & 1 gb flash drive next to the boxes, so you can buy all that sh*t and keep it in the box :D
By troy_225

I also bought my son the new lego Ghostbusters set. Can you help us identify what these parts are. The first two are the pke meter and the camera I believe Abby and Holtz are holding throughout the film. The 3rd and 4th are the ghost trap and ghost shredder I'm guessing and the 5th is some gun?
By elsoldao7
I think the 2nd one might be the ghost glove thing. 5th maybe the gun Erin uses in Times Square
By Kingpin
troy_225 wrote:Image

I also bought my son the new lego Ghostbusters set. Can you help us identify what these parts are. The first two are the pke meter and the camera I believe Abby and Holtz are holding throughout the film. The 3rd and 4th are the ghost trap and ghost shredder I'm guessing and the 5th is some gun?
PKE, Proton Glove, closed Trap, open Trap, Erin's Proton Shotgun.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]