Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By DrRchrz60
Really though it's a fun and entertaining movie. I never went into it looking for the next Oscar worthy movie, I went into it looking for something fun and interesting to watch that wasn't so B-Grade that it made my high school film projects look like last years Golden Globe picks. I mean seriously people, a movie called "Spectral" that went straight to Netflix, what exactly were you expecting?
By SSJmole
To be fair on it going exlusive to Netflix that means nothing quality wise. We have had really amazing stuff like Daredevil , Jessica jones , house of cards and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. But we have also had bad like Ridiculous 6 , Do-over, Richie rich , ect..

So really expecting good or bad quality based on it goin on Netflix is like saying you expect a show or film to be good or bad as its on satellite
By Alphagaia
Skyknight wrote:
Kingpin wrote:This is Ghostbusters, as imagined by Michael Bay. :)
No it isn't! Michael Bay would let the ghosts explode as soon as they're shot! ;)
Ha! First 'ghost' they kill explodes inna huge ball of fire!

Luckily, they are not aliens.

I have seen it, and it's well just generic.
Which is a shame as it could have been a great as it's set up is quite enticing.

Warning full spoiler review incoming.
This Post Contains Spoilers
In short, a great idea poorly executed, with bland dialogue and acting, which could have been so much better as the ideas/set up in here are quite neat. Never goes the extra mile to give you something new, apart from the 'ghost' situation.

5/10.
Last edited by Kingpin on December 14th, 2016, 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: added spoiler tags
By Sav C
SSJmole wrote:But we have also had bad like Ridiculous 6 , Do-over, Richie rich , ect..
Forget I made this post--I haven't finished my coffee yet...
By Alphagaia
Forgotten.

Also regarding Star Wars: Rogue one

Not really spoilers, but to be safe:
This Post Contains Spoilers
8/10
Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
Kingpin wrote:I was wondering if the Spectral's failure to get a cinematic cinematic distributor might've meant it was an underwhelming offering.
Does this mean the future of all ghost related films is in jeopardy? :mrgreen:
By SSJmole
pferreira1983 wrote:
Kingpin wrote:I was wondering if the Spectral's failure to get a cinematic cinematic distributor might've meant it was an underwhelming offering.
Nah don't worry the Wayans brothers will make Haunted house 3
By devilmanozzy
pferreira1983 wrote:
Actually, yes. China wont allow ghost related films to be released in theaters there and that is a pretty big chunk of money lost right there. Thats why I keep noting that Ghostbusters 2016 film failing because of not being released in China is not a victory for fans wanting a sequel to the first canon films. That kills Ghostbusters as a brand, not just the 2016 film.
pferreira1983 liked this
By pferreira1983
devilmanozzy wrote:Actually, yes. China wont allow ghost related films to be released in theaters there and that is a pretty big chunk of money lost right there. Thats why I keep noting that Ghostbusters 2016 film failing because of not being released in China is not a victory for fans wanting a sequel to the first canon films. That kills Ghostbusters as a brand, not just the 2016 film.
We will wait and see.

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]